• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Was watching the amazon doc. And seeing the coverage of the changing rooms, pre lockdown, they are quite big. It seems hard to get buzz going etc.. seemed noticeable when they were in another away changing room when it was much smaller. Seemed easier for the players to be more of a collective rather than individual in the changing room. One potential negative of the new stadium.

As many have said, I don’t think there is much of a safety issue when at the ground when socially distanced - the problem is the local infrastructure ferrying people to and from the ground, that’s where the problems potentially begin, unless everyone drives.

As many have said, I don’t think there is much of a safety issue when at the ground when socially distanced - the problem is the local infrastructure ferrying people to and from the ground, that’s where the problems potentially begin, unless everyone drives.

The issue is the inconsistency

- No social distancing in an open air venue
- But you can do a comedy show in O2 (Oct 27th)?

So could we do a comedy show at WHL, but not a football match?

Makes no sense ..

Has to be all about the infra
Getting to and from the place is a huge part of the issue

The issue is the inconsistency

- No social distancing in an open air venue
- But you can do a comedy show in O2 (Oct 27th)?

So could we do a comedy show at WHL, but not a football match?

Makes no sense ..

I foresee a quick marketing re-brand of the West Ham game...

I totally understand the issues with thousands of fans trying to use the public transport. However that doesn’t seem to address why they can’t start with 1000 from level one down Level six of the English game. Less if social distancing can’t be done with 1000. Then slowly build up. 1000 people is unlikely to put much strain on the public transport in many places.
When you have cinemas showing the games in a non ventilated space it all seems very strange.

I totally understand the issues with thousands of fans trying to use the public transport. However that doesn’t seem to address why they can’t start with 1000 from level one down Level six of the English game. Less if social distancing can’t be done with 1000. Then slowly build up. 1000 people is unlikely to put much strain on the public transport in many places.
When you have cinemas showing the games in a non ventilated space it all seems very strange.
I’m not sure Levy would want to have that few people in. You surely wouldn’t get a (financial) return with the staff needed, operational costs, although I could be wrong.

I’m not sure Levy would want to have that few people in. You surely wouldn’t get a (financial) return with the staff needed, operational costs, although I could be wrong.

Apparently Levy wants to be allowed 4K in so he can fill up around 50% of premium seating for revenue, was in the papers a while back. Income wise it's probably a sensible boost, I can't see having a few thousand people in such a large stadium giving the team much of a boost though of course fans would still like to see the team.

Sounds like someone else's problem.

We've done our bit, TFL need to sort their own problems out.

I think the public transport challenges, the distances people will travel, along with football fans general behaviour in public post the game, the swelling of the numbers in the pubs around the ground and even the possibility of people heading there just for the pre and post match atmosphere (we saw fans hanging around outside Anfield for Liverpool matches iirc?) could all add into the thought process around not allowing attendance to the Prem games.
However if they went for the approach @tw12yid suggests it would be a great boost for those lower league teams who would only attract local support, maybe even extra support from fans of the bigger teams.

Back