• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Karen Club....what do they do?

What a complete load of rubbish. If you are a paying member of a club then you are entitled to question how that is run as you are paying towards it. After that you can rescind your membership if you like but no one can say that you aren't entitled to question aspects if you wish. They don't have to give answers and haven't for a year or so but ignore your 'customer base' at your peril
We're not paying members of a club. They might call it that, but we're just customers. At best, ST holders could be described as subscribers to a product.

I have no more right to tell Levy how to run the club than I do Murdoch how to run Sky or Galen Weston how to run Selfridges. I do have the ultimate vote with all of them, which is to take my custom away - that is the limit of any power I do or should have.

The club pays lip service to the Trust and no more. Even that is too much IMO - I'd far rather the executives at the club spent that time doing something valuable.

So they put out a statement insinuating Spurs' fans boycott a Cup match because of a totally unrelated club's history and we "don't like any questioning at all of the messiah?"

They overstepped their mark by a long way after the transfer window and have pushed it even further now. A Supporters Trust should act in the best interests of the fans, whilst also being positive about the club in they public domain. They fail miserably at both.

I don't particularly care if they are floating their own agendas. The club have failed to engage with them at an acceptable level since we knocked down the ground so anything that gets the clubs attention is a good thing in my view.

They aren't outright saying boycott, everyone has their own mind or at least in theory, I do wonder though with some of the brainwashing on here. They made a statement of their intent and said that supporters should draw their own conclusions.

They can ask the club all they like about the window, given that debacle and the stadium shambles which will drag on and be postponed again no doubt, I would like think they would ask what the fudge is going on? after all they were quick enough to take everyone's money at level where only PSG fans pay more. I didn't see them demand anything so that's overdramatic. I still don't see what the problem is unless the idea is that no one should question anything to do with those that run the club because they are so efficient and fantastic at their jobs and have the fans best interests at heart (those from the US anyway).

You should care.

The club have no obligation to engage with them at all. None. They choose to in the interests of the relationship helping the bond between club and fan.

Not "us and them" stuff, which the THST board seem to think is the way it should be.

They "technically" arent saying boycott - but look at what they are doing. If it was a personal decision for them, why broadcast it on official communication essentially encouraging others to join them? As I said previously, theres what you say - and how you say it.

They have no business asking the club about the window, let alone demanding answers. And, as also previously said, that they had such an article ready to run - and did so so eagerly - speaks volumes about their attitude to the position they hold and the trust in general.

They dont give a fudge about fans, they care about swinging their dingdongs and getting attention.

They act as though they represent the fan base, not a minor % of the whole. They need some perspective slapped into them.

As someone who considers the THST to be a pile of clam, I probably have as much in common with MK Dons fans as I do the THST.

I agree we should all buy a memento from the club store.

Great call. I wonder if after my visit to this conveniently located first class stadium with excellent transportation links, I can procure a huge picture of the MK Dons historic FA Cup win over Liverpool in 1988.

I think the stance on AFC/MK is the same as every single clubs supporters trust.

I don’t care either way by the way, they are two clubs we won’t ever play regularly

The other angle on the MK Dons is they are actually doing us a favour...can you think of a London club that would lend us their ground? If the reason for boycott is to not support a specific regime or fan base of a club then I’d prefer it to be the Charlton regime or the Millwall fan base...obviously West Ham have the dubious distinction of ticking both boxes...

Don't know why the trust are getting stick tbh. They haven't explicitly said to boycott any game more just that fans should have a think about why they would go to MK which imo is for the wrong reason considering Wimbledon/Kingstonian situation but that's another story.

I won't go because I don't think we should be able to play 50 miles outside London, the tie should be switched to Watford because we aren't in a position to fulfil it at our ground or our standard alternative venue. Would've preferred the club t switch it with Watford and secure maybe 15%/20% of the allocation as a pay off. As it is the club and players are going to an unfamiliar stadium with brick transport links.......thinking of the fans as usual.

As for the bashing of the trust, it seems to be fashionable for those who don't like any questioning at all of the messiah who disagree with them even existing. We aren't a plc anymore so they are the only way in with regards questioning and holding the club to account and they only get as much as the cub are willing to give. That isn't their fault and those bashing them should actually think about why they feel the way they do as opposed to feeling that it would be nice if the club actually cared about the fanbase and wanted to engage honestly which they have failed to do since May 2017. They have done some very good work on behalf of individuals who might have 5 yr or life bans because of the nature of policing at games for example and don't publicise it so it isn't all about ego as some of the 'im alright jack' supporters on here suggest and who have whopping egos that need massaging themselves. Irony at its finest.

The trust are far from perfect and could do a lot more if they could hold the club more to account but at least they try rather than sucking everything up that's fed to them and digging people out who actually try make sure we aren't fudged over more by a collection of people who care little for the 'normal fan'. Galling, Prickish behaviour with a breathless arrogance from some on here

Don’t have a strong opinion either way about the Watford game or about the trust in general but I strongly agree with the sentiment of your post. I don’t have a problem with people backing the club and passionately defending them. What I don’t like is people shouting down other fans for daring to question the club at any stage, maybe they think it makes them better fans, I don’t know.

Could only imagine a lot of those posters would be fully on board with a bond scheme like West Ham tried to implement and then had to scrap. Bet they think the West Ham fans were wrong to protest and question the club too.

Don’t have a strong opinion either way about the Watford game or about the trust in general but I strongly agree with the sentiment of your post. I don’t have a problem with people backing the club and passionately defending them. What I don’t like is people shouting down other fans for daring to question the club at any stage, maybe they think it makes them better fans, I don’t know.

Could only imagine a lot of those posters would be fully on board with a bond scheme like West Ham tried to implement and then had to scrap. Bet they think the West Ham fans were wrong to protest and question the club too.

We're not even CLOSE to what West Ham fans are being put through by their club. To say those of us who disagree with the Trust are just "shouting down other fans for daring to question the club at any stage" is hyperbolic nonsense.

We're not even CLOSE to what West Ham fans are being put through by their club. To say those of us who disagree with the Trust are just "shouting down other fans for daring to question the club at any stage" is hyperbolic nonsense.

tickle my balls with a feather.

Case in point with response to your post above. Its full of people who don't like the board being questioned because we were brick in the 90s and for some reason will put up with anything fed to them. I can only assume a vested interest like being on the payroll or something personal.

They also fail to grasp the differences between being supportive of the team/board/manager/trust etc and that you can have individual views on individual entities. And a very select few who are incredibly selfish and only care for their own interests as demonstrated when discussing STs vs Members and the watering down of membership. Funny thing is, they have no issue with the board and co watering down their ST to just the 19 games though but anything that might help other fans or grow the fanbase which they seem to want to happen is off limits if it doesn't benefit them.

Some good people on here but equally some self righteous sheep who feel they are the oracle and don't like being disagreed with. This normally ends in being told to support City or Chelsea such is the wit that floweth through their very veins.

Case in point with response to your post above. Its full of people who don't like the board being questioned because we were brick in the 90s and for some reason will put up with anything fed to them. I can only assume a vested interest like being on the payroll or something personal.

They also fail to grasp the differences between being supportive of the team/board/manager/trust etc and that you can have individual views on individual entities. And a very select few who are incredibly selfish and only care for their own interests as demonstrated when discussing STs vs Members and the watering down of membership. Funny thing is, they have no issue with the board and co watering down their ST to just the 19 games though but anything that might help other fans or grow the fanbase which they seem to want to happen is off limits if it doesn't benefit them.

Some good people on here but equally some self righteous sheep who feel they are the oracle and don't like being disagreed with. This normally ends in being told to support City or Chelsea such is the wit that floweth through their very veins.

You really are full of brick arn't you.

Good GHod. All that to say you disagree with playing the match at MK Dons? Where do you want to play it? Because that’s what this all stems from.

Good GHod. All that to say you disagree with playing the match at MK Dons? Where do you want to play it? Because that’s what this all stems from.

No it doesn't. It stems from people not wanting anyone questioning anything of any nature to do with the way the club is run. You get people like the womble responding to me above who live for nothing but defending the owners and more to the point, bashing and shouting anyone down who dare disagree. Nothing to do with where its played, certainly not the MK Dons element.

No it doesn't. It stems from people not wanting anyone questioning anything of any nature to do with the way the club is run. You get people like the womble responding to me above who live for nothing but defending the owners and more to the point, bashing and shouting anyone down who dare disagree. Nothing to do with where its played, certainly not the MK Dons element.

The Trust put out a statement insinuating Spurs fans boycott the match because it will be played at MK Dons. That’s what people are objecting too (and it’s exacerbated by the fact that they’ve made similar over the top statements in the past.)

But yeah I guess the sheep line works.

I'm not seeing the fervent support of the board here on GG that others are, I think they get a lot of criticism where its warranted, things get questioned regularly.

It's only the unreasonable that gets "shouted down" imo.

Spot on, he obviously has a bee up his arse and can not understand that he is in a very SMALL minority who have any time for the TRUST, if he was to go to games and ask he would see that they are not well thought of by most fans.

Spot on, he obviously has a bee up his arse and can not understand that he is in a very SMALL minority who have any time for the TRUST, if he was to go to games and ask he would see that they are not well thought of by most fans.

Are you suggesting I don't go to games then? Are you suggesting that I think highly of the trust? I think I made it clear that I think they do a good job on certain things but they could certainly do a much better job representing the wider fanbase. As usual with you though, you are incapable of being able to separate things into individual strands. Everything is black and white with you - If you think the board could do more then to you that equals not supporting the club. If you think that trust do some things well then to you that equates to thinking they are perfect. Completely unable to discuss anything without being pompous and self serving.

Back