• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Karen Club....what do they do?

That may change if we ever find a sponsor for the stadium.
Given that we must have approached every major corporate by now, doesn't it suggest that DL would rather cut off our nose to spite our face by not accepting what the market will pay, and continuing to hold out for what it won't pay? How long before the Board goes "ooops...why not settle for something more realistic and just get some cash in"?

The right time to strike when securing naming rights arguably would have been when we got to the CL final. Our stock was never higher. I do accept our job to secure the rights has become much harder as a result of the pandemic.

Interesting idea. Would you buy any shares? I guess fans might buy token amounts - £100 as a Xmas present for someone. With say 20,000 fans that only raises £2m.

would be interesting to see if the likes of @Finney Is Back would do what they accuse Levy of not doing.
I would buy in at an overall valuation of around £1b with the debt still there and would be happy to inject funds commensurate with my stake along with other owners after that point.

Would I do what I would like our owners to do?…. Absolutely… and indeed I have done so on many occasions with businesses I have significant stakes in, both in terms of injecting capital myself and diluting my equity to allow others to inject funds. And that is on businesses that are in no way passion projects like owning a football team should be.

Wouldn't it be refreshing if the Trust backed Levy in pushing back against financial doping and unfair competition by oil-rich concerns?

Instead, the Trust seems to be a place for people who are frustrated (probably with their own lives) who take it out on our owners. Divisive bunch of haters sadly. Would be far more interested in coming up with chants to ridicule the oil-subsidised clubs, than the same old moaning about Levy; who's actually done a fair job elevating our club.

Could not have put it better myself.

I would buy in at an overall valuation of around £1b with the debt still there and would be happy to inject funds commensurate with my stake along with other owners after that point.

Would I do what I would like our owners to do?…. Absolutely… and indeed I have done so on many occasions with businesses I have significant stakes in, both in terms of injecting capital myself and diluting my equity to allow others to inject funds. And that is on businesses that are in no way passion projects like owning a football team should be.
Matching any input from the majority owners would have to be an absolute prerequisite.

If you think the owners are reluctant to invest their own funds now, see what happens when they're giving away 10% of anything they put in.

The right time to strike when securing naming rights arguably would have been when we got to the CL final. Our stock was never higher. I do accept our job to secure the rights has become much harder as a result of the pandemic.

I think the value of the sponsorship will be tied more to the multi use aspect of the stadium than it will be the strength of the team. At the time of the CL final this would have been an unkown and hard to quantify.

So if Rick's idea was implemented by Spurs, how much would you buy, knowing that the proceeds are going into funding transfer?

And that's why you did.....they weren't passion projects.

Matching any input from the majority owners would have to be an absolute prerequisite.

If you think the owners are reluctant to invest their own funds now, see what happens when they're giving away 10% of anything they put in.
There are ways of doing this…. Just have a rights issue underwritten by ENIC. Any shareholders who do not take up their allocation have their equity diluted (and effectively re-acquired by ENIC).

So if Rick's idea was implemented by Spurs, how much would you buy, knowing that the proceeds are going into funding transfer?
At a valuation of £1b?…. As much as possible (I assume it would likely be restricted?) I would invest personally and perhaps also take some into one of my funds.

At a valuation of £1b?…. As much as possible (I assume it would likely be restricted?) I would invest personally and perhaps also take some into one of my funds.

It would never be a sound investment in a commercial sense. More something fun for fans. A valuation of £1b is also probably a little low bearing in mind the NFL games, boxing etc. I know we have huge debts but they are structured and long-term now. Just curious whether the club could actually do it.

Personally, I don't think I would invest. Football never makes money. And isn't that the purpose of investments?

There are ways of doing this…. Just have a rights issue underwritten by ENIC. Any shareholders who do not take up their allocation have their equity diluted (and effectively re-acquired by ENIC).
What do you think the public reaction would be to that.

Don't look at this from the position of someone financially literate, look at it from the swivelling eyes of people like Trust members or "ENIC Out" placard holders. To them that won't be a fair and perfectly standard way of injecting capital, it would be sneaky Levy using his financial trickery to push them out of ownership via the back door.

If, for some inexplicable reason, Levy cares enough about the opinions of people like that enough to offer up some of the ownership then that would do more harm than good.

What do you think the public reaction would be to that.

Don't look at this from the position of someone financially literate, look at it from the swivelling eyes of people like Trust members or "ENIC Out" placard holders. To them that won't be a fair and perfectly standard way of injecting capital, it would be sneaky Levy using his financial trickery to push them out of ownership via the back door.

If, for some inexplicable reason, Levy cares enough about the opinions of people like that enough to offer up some of the ownership then that would do more harm than good.
I think it would be generally very positive, especially if they got the trust onside…. Any large investors would be financially literate and those with just a £1 in the club would be happy for the club to have £200m added to its budget for the cost of their nominal ownership percentage shrinking by 20%. Not that the owners have any plans to inject liquidity anyway (as the time to have done it would’ve been in the last couple of years of the stadium build when we were clearly skint).

I personally think we would just waste the money.

For the some money as we ate reportedly getting from the NFL we could have sold Ndombele and forget about any transfer fee the saving in wages would be comparable to two NFL games.

Back