• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Karen Club....what do they do?

Leave them with a lower gross debt than THFC, on lower interest terms than THFC are paying on their debt, with a higher turnover than THFC (as well as about 20 times more trophies!)

Lower interest terms than us, how do you work that out?

turnover means very little as I’m sure you know

Didn’t they refuse a meeting with Levy in the summer as they wanted to speak to Lewis?

Now they are ok to speak to Levy?

Im not a fan of ENIC, but doesn’t this undermine the manager ?
I believe they refused the meeting in the summer as they were told it would only happen if no record of the meeting was kept, contrary to every other meeting between the trust and club in the past.

Abramovic is not charging any interest on the loan that he has given Chelsea.

Turnover means nothing.... OK what about trophies?

the question was if he sold Chelsea. If he did I think he would definitely be charging interest, and at worse terms than we have, and you know this.

trophies yeah of course, but we have been in finals semis and quarters, it’s not like we weren’t challenging, if we weren’t then ok you would have a point.

I believe they refused the meeting in the summer as they were told it would only happen if no record of the meeting was kept, contrary to every other meeting between the trust and club in the past.
I believe they refused the meeting as they were trying to play billy big gonad*s and it’s back fired spectacularly

Suggest we change the name of ‘Spurs News & Views’ to ‘ENIC news & views’. After all it’s their club and they are the club. We should invite Joe Lewis on to the pitch at half time to do an interview with Paul Coyte rather than silly club legends like Ledley King or Steve Perryman.

That's right. The club was desperately trying to keep its farcical ESL affairs under wraps as the whole thing was coming apart in the media, and they wanted THST to meet with them with no minuting whatsoever to try and get them onside without letting the fans who THST represents know anything at all.

There's a lot of things the club has done over the years to show how much contempt they have for ordinary Spurs fans (calling folks 'legacy fans', and the like). But that move was one of the recent standouts.

THST refused because they represent us, the fans - and now they're being called 'Billy Big Gonad*s' for doing so. Nah, that's just them being honest and doing their job by not abandoning the fans they represent.

That's right. The club was desperately trying to keep its farcical ESL affairs under wraps as the whole thing was coming apart in the media, and they wanted THST to meet with them with no minuting whatsoever to try and get them onside without letting the fans who THST represents know anything at all.

There's a lot of things the club has done over the years to show how much contempt they have for ordinary Spurs fans (calling folks 'legacy fans', and the like). But that move was one of the recent standouts.

THST refused because they represent us, the fans - and now they're being called 'Billy Big Gonad*s' for doing so. Nah, that's just them being honest and doing their job by not abandoning the fans they represent.

I’ve heard Kat and Martin say in the past that the club does share commercially sensitive information with them from time to time which they need to keep confidential, and they understand that, so it’s not unheard of for certain things they learn in their meetings to not be minuted.
Granted the ESL is a topic of huge controversy but for the club to explain its position, the financials of being involved - and perhaps more importantly, of not being involved - etc in sufficient detail, they would no doubt need to share such commercially sensitive information, and would also have confidentiality obligations to other parties involved in the whole ESL set up. So I can absolutely see why there would be no minutes.
I believe the Trust should still have had the meeting and fed back to its members their opinion on what they learned.
Instead they chose the ESL as their hill on which to die, and ridiculously called for the club Board to resign, which was never going to happen.

The Trust are proud - and rightly so imo - of the relationships they have built at all levels in the club, but they have pretty much blown most of that away in one hit by going for the nuclear option.

I also think the Trust is a bit conflicted between looking at what is best for football supporters in general (I.e. ESL is bad) vs looking at what is best for Spurs supporters in particular (I.e. being left outside the ESL would be bad).

For the record, I am not against the Trust at all in principle. I agree such an organisation representing supporters is needed, and I think they do a huge amount of good work. It is their approach and tone that grates with many. I certainly don’t expect deference, but abrasive communications are not going to help them. (Accepted however that they are also playing to their Members such as yourself who expect that kind of approach).

It will be interesting to see what comes from the government ‘fan-led’ (lol) review. I would be surprised if it is anything better than what Levy has already offered and the Trust turned down. If that is the case, I fully expect the Trust not to understand when a offer is no longer on the table, and try to resurrect it. I do think they are worried about losing their “influence”.

the question was if he sold Chelsea. If he did I think he would definitely be charging interest, and at worse terms than we have, and you know this.

trophies yeah of course, but we have been in finals semis and quarters, it’s not like we weren’t challenging, if we weren’t then ok you would have a point.
I expect he would sell it with the new buyer clearing the debt. The buyer could then decide whether or not to take on new debt to cover it.

Interesting to consider that if the whole ESL thing comes around again in a few years time then Saudi Sportswashing Machine are likely to be the 6th English club instead of Spurs (unless something drastic happens at Spurs in terms of financing).

Interesting to consider that if the whole ESL thing comes around again in a few years time then Saudi Sportswashing Machine are likely to be the 6th English club instead of Spurs (unless something drastic happens at Spurs in terms of financing).

50/50 between us and Arsenal I’d say.

Commercial performance and infrastructure probably more important than on pitch performance for inclusion.

Commercial performance and infrastructure probably more important than on pitch performance for inclusion.
Unfortunately Arsenal’s global fan base dwarfs ours. We were there to make up the numbers…. Saudi Sportswashing Machine will strive to be a genuine European power.

We won’t be performing very well commercially if we are still playing in the Europa Conference, or worse not in Europe at all. That may change if we ever find a sponsor for the stadium.

That may change if we ever find a sponsor for the stadium.
Given that we must have approached every major corporate by now, doesn't it suggest that DL would rather cut off our nose to spite our face by not accepting what the market will pay, and continuing to hold out for what it won't pay? How long before the Board goes "ooops...why not settle for something more realistic and just get some cash in"?

That may change if we ever find a sponsor for the stadium.
Given that we must have approached every major corporate by now, doesn't it suggest that DL would rather cut off our nose to spite our face by not accepting what the market will pay, and continuing to hold out for what it won't pay? How long before the Board goes "ooops...why not settle for something more realistic and just get some cash in"?
He is the board so....

Back