• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Karen Club....what do they do?

Their tone in recent written statements is off putting at best, whether that's the clubs hierarchy or us fans.

Snide comments, back handed compliments, self-praise, self-importance, unreasonable (unreasoned) requests, zero positivity.....

They need a reality check, and know their remit. They could easily be undermining themselves here.

Last edited:
Their tone in recent written statements is off putting at best, whether that's the clubs hierarchy or us fans.

Snide comments, back handed compliments, self-praise, self-importance, unreasonable (unreasoned) requests, zero positivity.....

They need a reality check, and know their remit. They could easily be undermining themselves here.

I think that tone has been there for years.

The Trust do a good job, and I'm happy I'm a member. They bring up what I want to see them bring up, and I'm glad they' re not deferent in doing so - it's our club, yours and mine, not ENIC's.

Well done to them. :)

The Trust do a good job, and I'm happy I'm a member. They bring up what I want to see them bring up, and I'm glad they' re not deferent in doing so - it's our club, yours and mine, not ENIC's.

Well done to them. :)
Get real. It's everyone's who has an interest in it, including ENIC.

Get real. It's everyone's who has an interest in it, including ENIC.

Certainly not. There's zero investment on their part, financial or emotional - as we've discussed, their ownership model entails absolutely no financial investment whatsoever, and as Levy himself said in 2003, they had no interest in football before taking over Spurs, contrary to their claims of being 'lifelong fans'. The only thing we got from them in 20 grinding years was Levy's time - which he paid himself lavishly for, so it's not even like that was free on their part.

So what on Earth makes it their club? That they own it? Only on paper.

Nah. The club is yours - you care for it, you bleed lilywhite. The club is the Trust's, because it's made of fans like you. The club is mine, for the same reason. The club is its ordinary employees. If they care for it enough, the club is the players.

The club isn't the board, and it isn't ENIC. They can scarper away and hide from tough questions as much as they want - all it does is make the uselessness of their ownership clearer to folks, imo.

Nope, it’s just theirs, if they decided to close it down tomorrow, there is not a thing you or I, or a million Spurs fans, could do about it.

Nah. Wimbledon were effectively killed when Winkleman moved them out to Milton Keynes - the old club ceased to exist, and the club that's left calls itself MK Dons.

Didn't mean sh*t, because the fans re-founded the club and worked their way up to surpass MK Dons - they're still Wimbledon, still at Plough Lane, and will always be Wimbledon.

Tottenham Hotspur belongs to you, and to everyone who cares about the club - which conspicuously excludes the current set of owners.

Nah. Wimbledon were effectively killed when Winkleman moved them out to Milton Keynes - the old club ceased to exist, and the club that's left calls itself MK Dons.

Didn't mean sh*t, because the fans re-founded the club and worked their way up to surpass MK Dons - they're still Wimbledon, still at Plough Lane, and will always be Wimbledon.

Tottenham Hotspur belongs to you, and to everyone who cares about the club - which conspicuously excludes the current set of owners.

Nah, thats not Wimbledon (the lineage is now in MK), same with Glasgow Rangers, they won their first ever title last season. New clubs, everyone knows it, the asterisks are important.

New fans, new club, new stadium, where someone else used to play.

Nah, thats not Wimbledon (the lineage is now in MK), same with Glasgow Rangers, they won their first ever title last season. New clubs, everyone knows it, the asterisks are important.

New fans, new club, new stadium, where someone else used to play.

I'd be surprised to find many folks agreeing with you on either count, apart from MK Dons fans (the few that exist) and Celtic fans, respectively. There's a reason roving American-style franchises aren't a thing in the UK, and why moves like Wimbledon's are so rare - clubs are more than their owners, more than their badge, more than the IP. They're the fans and the communities they're based in.

I'd be surprised to find many folks agreeing with you on either count, apart from MK Dons fans (the few that exist) and Celtic fans, respectively. There's a reason roving American-style franchises aren't a thing in the UK, and why moves like Wimbledon's are so rare - clubs are more than their owners, more than their badge, more than the IP. They're the fans and the communities they're based in.

I’m sure you are right, but they would still be wrong, it’s not about emotion and sentiment, it’s about paper trails, facts.

The reason we don’t have US style franchises is because we have not evolved that far yet, it’s inevitable imo.

The game has moved far beyond local communities, MBS hasn’t bought Saudi Sportswashing Machine because he wants to be big on Tyneside, it’s global entertainment.

Nope, it’s just theirs, if they decided to close it down tomorrow, there is not a thing you or I, or a million Spurs fans, could do about it.

No offence mate, but sometimes I wonder what led you to football and Spurs in particular in the first place. I’m assuming you started supporting them long before ENIC came along? So you didn’t start supporting them because of Levy I find this slavish devotion to them very odd to say the least. To talk so dispassionately about closing down the club and yet being so passionate about finishing above Liverpool, I just can’t reconcile the two viewpoints. I’d love it if someone like Abramovich bought Spurs and invested their own money into our club. I can see Chelsea fans love him. He has literally bought them every trophy twice over since he acquired that horrible club.

Re the American/NFL ownership model, do we really want to go down that path? How many cities have the Raiders played in now? Oakland, LA, Oakland again and now Las Vegas. It’s a running joke how many times they have moved. Owners hold the city taxpayers to ransom and ask them to build a new stadium every 25 years or they pull the plug and move the team to another city. They get the city’s residents to foot the bill while the owners pay nothing. No wonder you want the premier league to follow that path ;)

Didn’t they refuse a meeting with Levy in the summer as they wanted to speak to Lewis?

Now they are ok to speak to Levy?

Im not a fan of ENIC, but doesn’t this undermine the manager ?

No offence mate, but sometimes I wonder what led you to football and Spurs in particular in the first place. I’m assuming you started supporting them long before ENIC came along? So you didn’t start supporting them because of Levy I find this slavish devotion to them very odd to say the least. To talk so dispassionately about closing down the club and yet being so passionate about finishing above Liverpool, I just can’t reconcile the two viewpoints. I’d love it if someone like Abramovich bought Spurs and invested their own money into our club. I can see Chelsea fans love him. He has literally bought them every trophy twice over since he acquired that horrible club.

Re the American/NFL ownership model, do we really want to go down that path? How many cities have the Raiders played in now? Oakland, LA, Oakland again and now Las Vegas. It’s a running joke how many times they have moved. Owners hold the city taxpayers to ransom and ask them to build a new stadium every 25 years or they pull the plug and move the team to another city. They get the city’s residents to foot the bill while the owners pay nothing. No wonder you want the premier league to follow that path ;)

I just copied my mates, before ENIC, before Sugar too.

I’d say the same about any owners, Kroenke, the Glazers, it’s their property.

Abramovich is a criminal, the money he has spent at Chelsea was stolen.

I just copied my mates, before ENIC, before Sugar too.

I’d say the same about any owners, Kroenke, the Glazers, it’s their property.

Abramovich is a criminal, the money he has spent at Chelsea was stolen.

Tbh, I don’t care if Abramovich has stolen money and I’m sure their fans aren’t bothered. I highly doubt Joe Lewis acquired his wealth entirely by doing things the right way.

I’m sure you are right, but they would still be wrong, it’s not about emotion and sentiment, it’s about paper trails, facts.

The reason we don’t have US style franchises is because we have not evolved that far yet, it’s inevitable imo.

The game has moved far beyond local communities, MBS hasn’t bought Saudi Sportswashing Machine because he wants to be big on Tyneside, it’s global entertainment.
For you maybe…. I think you are in a very small minority however…. Who gives a fcuk about paper trails other than accountants?

And for all the talk of what Abramovich has spent at Chelsea, if he sold the club tomorrow he would have made a large profit on his investments.

Didn’t they refuse a meeting with Levy in the summer as they wanted to speak to Lewis?

Now they are ok to speak to Levy?

Im not a fan of ENIC, but doesn’t this undermine the manager ?

I think ( and i am not the only one) the trust have a false sense of importance in what they are what they can do, they have have a small membership/believers and that will never change until they climb of their high horses and belief that they are of any use to the majority of fans.

And leave them owing him a billion without any of the type of infrastructure that Levy has built.
Leave them with a lower gross debt than THFC, on lower interest terms than THFC are paying on their debt, with a higher turnover than THFC (as well as about 20 times more trophies!)

Back