• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Karen Club....what do they do?

I dont doubt they are supporters, but their egos are running contrary to that support.

Because in their desire for profile they always end up putting a negative press cycle out on the club.

I did ask how many members they had and some said they thought it was around the 10,000 mark. I would be amazed if that number was correct though. If they were that good at looking after the interests of ou fans that number would be far greater.

They have a very high opinion of themselves and are delusional about their importance. imo

4000 responded to the survey, so its at least that.

Though even at 10k its a drop in the ocean of our over all support, so Im a little unconvinced they should claim to represent "the support" at all.

Though even at 10k its a drop in the ocean of our over all support, so Im a little unconvinced they should claim to represent "the support" at all.
That survey wasn't restricted, so anyone could take part including non-members and even non-Spurs fans if they felt the need.

I'm not trying to defend the trust, really, haven't ever really bothered to get into people's criticism of them, but aren't they very clear on the fact that they represent the voice of their members, and not spurs fans in general?

That survey wasn't restricted, so anyone could take part including non-members and non-Spurs fans if they felt the need.

I didnt know that - fair point.

I'm not trying to defend the trust, really, haven't ever really bothered to get into people's criticism of them, but aren't they very clear on the fact that they represent the voice of their members, and not spurs fans in general?

They market themselves as the "Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Trust", speak in a rather grand fashion, with high demands - whether they try and add a caveat or not they present in a very specific way.

Look at this today with the boycott of the game ad MK Dons, very specifically "the board made a personal decision" and yet presented as if to encourage others to follow. Theres what you say, and how you say it - they play that game very well.

A board position, they are broadcasting no doubt in the hope others will follow. Self important tacos

"our friends" at Wimbledon are being viewed as more important than the trusts members who more than likely don't have a problem with the MK situation.

End of the day they should be representing the opinion of their members not their own opinion passed off under the banner of the trust.

What I don't get is they seem to be valuing the thoughts of Wimbledon over their members (they have not gauged the mood, they have dictated it) and the support of their own club which is ultimately whey we are going to MK.

End of the day its the venue we are using to suit our needs, not supporting MK.

Do gooders tinkle me off in all walks of life. Whether its the PC phalanx telling me what I can and can’t say, Vegans telling me eating a juicy steak is murder (have you tasted tofu?!) or the THST “representing” me as a Spurs fan.

They take the ‘moral highground’ that is THEIR opinion. Not mine. Too all of them fudge OFF and mind you’re own business.

I couldnt give a brick about Wimbledon and MK Dons. I am a Spurs fan. Wimbledon were broke, Winkleman saw a business opportunity in MK so moved the club there. Its life. Get over it.

Besides, MK Dons is about 20 mins away, I get to watch my team on my doorstep for a change and it’s a cracking stadium. Happy days.

THST = do gooding, PC tossers

Thinking about this a little more, as a club who’s success is firmly rooted in pragmatic business decisions, should we not identify more with MK Dons?

My position is that I should attend to the game, take on MK as my second team and spend loads of money in their online store, I urge other Spurs fans to do the same.

Thinking about this a little more, as a club who’s success is firmly rooted in pragmatic business decisions, should we not identify more with MK Dons?

My position is that I should attend to the game, take on MK as my second team and spend loads of money in their online store, I urge other Spurs fans to do the same.
As someone who considers the THST to be a pile of clam, I probably have as much in common with MK Dons fans as I do the THST.

I agree we should all buy a memento from the club store.

Half and half scarves?

Back