• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur - Arsenal OMT ***

GHod I hate those ****s!

Would love nothing better than dingdong all over them and watch their fans storm out of the ground after 70 minutes with a barrage of "Wenger out" and "spend some ****ing money".

However, we have an awful record at their place so bearing that in mind I wouldn't be disappointed with a draw.

If you offered me a draw right now I wouldn't take it. We have the quality to go there and win, especially with how poor Arsenal were against Villa

It's our creativity I'm still worried about. In the coming weeks if Lamela and Eriksen are in the team, we'll be in much better shape up front...but as of Sunday we're still thin IMO.

There are still very few teams in the world that would be favourites to beat Arsenal at the Emirates. Spurs are not yet one of them. Anyone on any paid journalistic position that professes otherwise should be made immediately redundant.

Unfortunately, good British journalism (sports or otherwise) is the exception, rather than the rule.

I still think this game is largely to do with confidence and mentality. Arsenal fancy it v us. They always do at the emirates. But our new team largely wouldn't have come here and lost. Expectation has been raised. I can't wait.

I still think this game is largely to do with confidence and mentality. Arsenal fancy it v us. They always do at the emirates. But our new team largely wouldn't have come here and lost. Expectation has been raised. I can't wait.

Exactly, in the past they had the confidence that they could do it, even when we were ahead we had that sinking nagging feeling of "what if they score..." because they often did.

However history should play no part in our confidence as we've changed the whole team and we are now made up of captains, leaders, internationals and winners.

We are no longer hoping Rohan Ricketts comes good and outplays Patrick Vieira

The Scum's support is brittle and fickle. Expect them to turn on Wenger if things go against them, which I fully expect! :)

The Scum's support is brittle and fickle. Expect them to turn on Wenger if things go against them, which I fully expect! :)

I am expecting a good result and plenty of note waving by our fans. Durham said it could be embarrassing for Arsenal..I think it could be hilarious for us.

-----------------------------Lloris------------------------------

Walker----------Dawson--------------Vertonghen---------------Rose

-----------------Capoue---------------Paulinho-----------------

Lennon----------------------Holtby-----------------------Chadli

----------------------------Soldado----------------------------

Walker----------Dawson--------------Vertonghen---------------Rose

-----------------Capoue---------------Paulinho-----------------

Lennon----------------------Holtby-----------------------Chadli

I like the look of that team with Holtby in there, but I really think Townsend will start in place of Lennon, I'm assuming thats why he came off at HT last night

I like the look of that team with Holtby in there, but I really think Townsend will start in place of Lennon, I'm assuming thats why he came off at HT last night

I think it was just in case. Lennon is probably going to be a late fitness test away from playing. So probably will be one or the other

I always think the bookmakers generally get most of these big games close to right most of the time. It's what they do...

They all seem to agree that Arsenal are favourites.

I always think the bookmakers generally get most of these big games close to right most of the time. It's what they do...

They all seem to agree that Arsenal are favourites.

The swiftest path to penury is backing favourites.

Arsenal are on a phenomenal run of form and results. We are also on a great run of form but we have not converted the form to results as well as they have.

If we keep 11 players on the pitch Arsenal will not win this fixture.

Walker----------Dawson---------------Kaboul--------------Vertonghen

-----------------Paulinho---------------Dembele-----------------

Townsend----------------------Lamela-----------------------Chadli

Agreed onlyme, the main worry I have is ****'s massive propensity to dive and feign injury at the slightest sign of physical contact. You know Cazorla and Toerag cannot wait to hit the skies screaming as soon as Capoue's shadow hits them...agreed with those who worry about Rose, he needs to be smart and careful (especially given that it's him and Townsend on the left flank together, relatively inexperienced)...

Paulinho to hit one? Ooooo I think so!

EDIT: Mumorn makes the obvious correction that it will be Chadli on the left, apologies, schoolboy error!!!!!

As much as I'd love it. I can't see Lamela being involved whatsoever in this game.

I think AVB has a big task on his hands here. Lloris is a given in goal that's fine. Dawson is a shoe in for centre half too, you don't drop captains for big games like this, especially someone like Dawson who knows exactly what this game means to the fans. Now the rest of the defence is interesting. Walker has the pace and CAN trouble full backs and defences with his pace and attacking prowess down the flank, but if he's playing Townsend then I think Naughton may even be the better choice, Naughton is a clever footballer (when it comes to passing anyway), he doesnt attack heavily but what he does is allow our winger to attack, we need that in Townsend to just continue to take on Gibbs and not cut inside all the time which tends to happen with Walker behind him.

Next in defence is left back. Rose also has the pace and he is also good attacking wise. I actually think him and Chadli have a good understanding already which is promising considering theyve played about 4 games together, but Walcott could cause alot of problems, I think Roses positioning leaves a lot to be desired and I've seen it numerous times already this season with Cazorla or Wheelchair feeding Walcott through with splitting passes, sure playing Vertonghen (who is slower) could be dangerous at left back but his positioning more than makes up for that in my view and it allows us to have the dominating figure of Kaboul at the back, it's an interesting conundrum.

Now for midfield, what do we do? Do we just crowd and dominate midfield away from home with the three of Dembele, Capoue, Paulinho? or do we play Paulinho a little deeper alongside Capoue and have someone like Sigurdsson or Holtby just ahead who can pull a rabbit out of the hat? Perhaps even play the likes of Holtby deeper alongside Capoue so he can pull some strings allowing Paulinho to be the one getting on the end of things up top? Maybe even Sandro comes in? Another bunch of positions I have no idea about. It's a wonderful thing to have, squad depth.

I think the left hand side in Chadli is a shoe in, Unless of course he decides to go with Sigurdsson. I'd personally play Chadli. He retains possession very well, he's been good so far this season, creates chances and I think he'd be very much up for it. I also think Jenkinson is there for the taking and for me Chadli has a little bit more in his locker as a wide man than Sigurdsson. Right side is interesting too, if Lennon is fit does AVB put him back in or does he go with the regularly untested Townsend up against the likes of Arsenal away from home in a big North London Derby?

Very interesting to think what AVB will do. Does he simply pick a best eleven or do we see him pick players who he thinks can help win the game, can help disrupt Arsenals passing and movement from midfield.

As much as I'd love it. I can't see Lamela being involved whatsoever in this game.

I think AVB has a big task on his hands here. Lloris is a given in goal that's fine. Dawson is a shoe in for centre half too, you don't drop captains for big games like this, especially someone like Dawson who knows exactly what this game means to the fans. Now the rest of the defence is interesting. Walker has the pace and CAN trouble full backs and defences with his pace and attacking prowess down the flank, but if he's playing Townsend then I think Naughton may even be the better choice, Naughton is a clever footballer (when it comes to passing anyway), he doesnt attack heavily but what he does is allow our winger to attack, we need that in Townsend to just continue to take on Gibbs and not cut inside all the time which tends to happen with Walker behind him.

Next in defence is left back. Rose also has the pace and he is also good attacking wise. I actually think him and Chadli have a good understanding already which is promising considering theyve played about 4 games together, but Walcott could cause alot of problems, I think Roses positioning leaves a lot to be desired and I've seen it numerous times already this season with Cazorla or Wheelchair feeding Walcott through with splitting passes, sure playing Vertonghen (who is slower) could be dangerous at left back but his positioning more than makes up for that in my view and it allows us to have the dominating figure of Kaboul at the back, it's an interesting conundrum.

Now for midfield, what do we do? Do we just crowd and dominate midfield away from home with the three of Dembele, Capoue, Paulinho? or do we play Paulinho a little deeper alongside Capoue and have someone like Sigurdsson or Holtby just ahead who can pull a rabbit out of the hat? Perhaps even play the likes of Holtby deeper alongside Capoue so he can pull some strings allowing Paulinho to be the one getting on the end of things up top? Maybe even Sandro comes in? Another bunch of positions I have no idea about. It's a wonderful thing to have, squad depth.

I think the left hand side in Chadli is a shoe in, Unless of course he decides to go with Sigurdsson. I'd personally play Chadli. He retains possession very well, he's been good so far this season, creates chances and I think he'd be very much up for it. I also think Jenkinson is there for the taking and for me Chadli has a little bit more in his locker as a wide man than Sigurdsson. Right side is interesting too, if Lennon is fit does AVB put him back in or does he go with the regularly untested Townsend up against the likes of Arsenal away from home in a big North London Derby?

Very interesting to think what AVB will do. Does he simply pick a best eleven or do we see him pick players who he thinks can help win the game, can help disrupt Arsenals passing and movement from midfield.

Excellent post. Personally I think Lennon will definitely start, Townsend an excellent option off the bench. I can see Kaboul and Dawson as CBs, with Vert on the left....Rose is far from solid and although he has the pace to deal with Forrest, he doesn't have the nous. Holtby to play behind Soldado on the back of his excellent display last night. COYMFS!

All 3 new signings available Sunday according to SSN. If you look at the pictures taken at the training ground it looks very much as if they were taken at the same time so presumably all trained today and all registered with the PL pre midday which is the cut off.

Doesn't mean they will all play nor that they should but they are available - perhaps all on the bench.

They rarely play poorly at home against us since Wenger has been there, if ever actually.

The swiftest path to penury is backing favourites.

Arsenal are on a phenomenal run of form and results. We are also on a great run of form but we have not converted the form to results as well as they have.

If we keep 11 players on the pitch Arsenal will not win this fixture.

The swiftest way is to make the bet in the first place. If you know of a way to beat the bookmakers, don't tell me - I won't believe you anyway.

Back