1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

*** Tottenham Hotspur - Arsenal OMT ***

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Jordinho, 30 Aug 2013.

1. disc0

disc0 John Gorman

I agree with Mumorn. Koscielny was imperious today.

2. COYS

COYS Allan Nielsen

Disappointed but not gutted. We didn't lose badly. We'll see them at the Lane in March.

COYS

3. iggy1969

iggy1969 Kazuyuki Toda

We've barely fashioned a chance from open play, let alone a goal.
    I know it's early days for the team but, to be fair, we played in exactly the same 'style' last season.

4. Spursman

Spursman Neil Sullivan

Walker the waster. Gets in so many good positions and ****s it up. ****ing annoying!! Can't even beat this lot at their weakest.

5. shaney

shaney Alan Hutton

Management under AVB:

Season 2012/13 - play poorly as a team and hope Bale produces magic to win game.

Season 2013/14 - play poorly as a team and hope (?) produces magic to win game.

Good times.

6. ringo

ringo Tim Sherwood

Where are our goals going to come from?

For me, Rose is not a top four left back, and we desperately need a creative play maker to run the game. I'm sick of watching us pass the ball backwards and forwards with no end product.
    I don't care how unfit or immobile people think Huddlestone is but he is more creative, and quicker at seeing a forward pass than Dembele/Paulinho/Sandro/Capoue put together.

7. Mumorn

Mumorn Vic Buckingham

We lost that game when we switched to 4-4-2. A Harry Redknapp decision that!

8. Robspur12

Robspur12 Alf Ramsey

Arsenal defended well as a unit Merte****ter was good too but lets face it we didn't really challenge them. Complete lack of guile not sure what AVB was thinking with that midfield 3. Fulham looked better against them when I watched them last season..

9. Modric THFC

Modric THFC Christian Ziege

We really done need 3 in central midfield with Sandro. He did more today when he was on the pitch then Dembele and Capoue combined.

10. Joesh

Joesh Tony Parks

Lets be honest, for years we were outclassed. This is the worst Arsenal we have faced. We lost there before and I came away really frustrated, but today they looked average/poor and not a patch on what they think they are. With no signings they look deflated and desperate and for me average. We are still gelling and need time but I am excited that our main competition for 4th is this lot. Onwards and upwards for us. The gunners will know this...
    T

11. El Guepardo

El Guepardo Chris Perry

Yup, think we needed Holtby in there.

I thought we were making strides forward but that was dire. We were horrible to watch, the movement was so slow and so our attacks were too easy to defend against. Holtby could have played some clever passes, tried to unlock them.

12. Robspur12

Robspur12 Alf Ramsey

Yep should come good by March Lets see where we end up at the end of the season.

13. yiddo37

yiddo37 Sebastien Bassong

Laboured performance.
    When we put a bit more effort in we looked likely to do some something.
    Time will tell if the signings will improve but at the moment Chadli looks most likely to struggle ATM. Unless Townsend was knackered Chadli should've made way for Lamela.
    As someone said on another day could've been 3 or 4 nil and yet with a bit more endeavour and creativity from us we had an opportunity to win this against a decent but not great Arsenal side.

14. yiddo37

yiddo37 Sebastien Bassong

Laboured performance.
    When we put a bit more effort in we looked likely to do some something.
    Time will tell if the signings will improve but at the moment Chadli looks most likely to. Unless Townsend was knackered Chadli should've made way for Lamela.
    As someone said on another day, could've been 3 or 4 nil and yet with a bit more endeavour and creativity from us we had an opportunity to win this against a decent but not great Arsenal side.

Last edited: 1 Sep 2013
  15. DubaiSpur

DubaiSpur Les Ferdinand

Well, that was thoroughly awful. I said we needed to play better to win this at half-time: if anything, we played worse.

AVB was outmaneuvered by Wenger today, and our team was given a lesson in team defending and quick passing. Dawson was awful, as was Rose, and our utter lack of an attacking threat was plain to see.

Sigh. I expected a disjointed performance,but that doesn't mean this loss doesn't hurt all the same. Still, onwards and upwards. At least we were given a reality check early: we will need to play much, much, much better if we are to claim a CL spot, money spent be damned, and Arsenal will push us all the way regardless of whether they make any signings or not.

16. Mosquito_Coasting

Mosquito_Coasting Mido

The worrying thing is that since last March or so Arsenal have become much more savvy and defensive minded. They used to play basketball games every game and were explored for that. That's bit the case anymore.

17. indospurs

indospurs Roman Pavlyuchenko

We looked solid, controlled the tempo so as not to be too open to get caught on their fast counter attack, we could get back in numbers. Loved to see AVB get sooo involved, he's got a lot on stake. We need time to gel, but hate having lárse win anything off us - we'll get them at the Lane and anywhere else we may meet.

COYS !!!

18. Yossarian

Yossarian Steve Hodge

:ross::ross:

You guys! Some of the posts on here are laughable. You think we, or any team, can change things up and everything will click immediately?
    We dominated the Scum in their backyard, and were undone by a great finish/Daws brainfart.
    Once our team is bedded in we will be damn nigh unstoppable.
    COYS!

19. indospurs

indospurs Roman Pavlyuchenko

We looked solid, controlled the tempo so as not to be too open to get caught on their fast counter attack, we could get back in numbers. Loved to see AVB get sooo involved, he's got a lot on stake. We need time to gel, but hate having lárse win anything off us - we'll get them at the Lane and anywhere else we may meet.

COYS !!!

20. Mosquito_Coasting

Mosquito_Coasting Mido

Exploited for that