• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur - Arsenal OMT ***

Disappointed but not gutted. We didn't lose badly. We'll see them at the Lane in March.

COYS

Lets hope so. I know its early days and we thought that this game had come a bit too soon for us, but its pretty disappointing to not fashion a goal from open play in 3 league games.

Lamela and Eriksen HAVE to improve things. Otherwise we'll be one and a half seasons into AVB's tenure; we have generally what seem to be highly rated players but we can't build an attack. I'm not sure I've ever had last belief in a Spurs side since Santini took over that we can actually score.

We just look devoid of a style - there are excuses - new players, lost players, new manager last season blah blah. But sooner or later questions will be ask.

Brendon Rodgers is a strange bloke but they have a far more definable playing style than us. I don't understand what we're trying to build / achieve. Hopefully it'll all become evident sooner rather than later...

We've barely fashioned a chance from open play, let alone a goal.
I know it's early days for the team but, to be fair, we played in exactly the same 'style' last season.

Walker the waster. Gets in so many good positions and ****s it up. ****ing annoying!! Can't even beat this lot at their weakest.

Management under AVB:

Season 2012/13 - play poorly as a team and hope Bale produces magic to win game.

Season 2013/14 - play poorly as a team and hope (?) produces magic to win game.

Good times.

Where are our goals going to come from?

For me, Rose is not a top four left back, and we desperately need a creative play maker to run the game. I'm sick of watching us pass the ball backwards and forwards with no end product.
I don't care how unfit or immobile people think Huddlestone is but he is more creative, and quicker at seeing a forward pass than Dembele/Paulinho/Sandro/Capoue put together.

I agree with Mumorn. Koscielny was imperious today.

Arsenal defended well as a unit Merte****ter was good too but lets face it we didn't really challenge them. Complete lack of guile not sure what AVB was thinking with that midfield 3. Fulham looked better against them when I watched them last season..

This but AVB really has been out thought today by the goons. We have been poor in midfield, not enough pressing no support in the box and Arsenal faced with our lack of creativity just put bodies in the box and break quickly. We deserve to lose.

Lets be honest, for years we were outclassed. This is the worst Arsenal we have faced. We lost there before and I came away really frustrated, but today they looked average/poor and not a patch on what they think they are. With no signings they look deflated and desperate and for me average. We are still gelling and need time but I am excited that our main competition for 4th is this lot. Onwards and upwards for us. The gunners will know this...
T

Yup, think we needed Holtby in there.

I thought we were making strides forward but that was dire. We were horrible to watch, the movement was so slow and so our attacks were too easy to defend against. Holtby could have played some clever passes, tried to unlock them.

Laboured performance.
When we put a bit more effort in we looked likely to do some something.
Time will tell if the signings will improve but at the moment Chadli looks most likely to struggle ATM. Unless Townsend was knackered Chadli should've made way for Lamela.
As someone said on another day could've been 3 or 4 nil and yet with a bit more endeavour and creativity from us we had an opportunity to win this against a decent but not great Arsenal side.

Laboured performance.
When we put a bit more effort in we looked likely to do some something.
Time will tell if the signings will improve but at the moment Chadli looks most likely to. Unless Townsend was knackered Chadli should've made way for Lamela.
As someone said on another day, could've been 3 or 4 nil and yet with a bit more endeavour and creativity from us we had an opportunity to win this against a decent but not great Arsenal side.

Last edited:
Well, that was thoroughly awful. I said we needed to play better to win this at half-time: if anything, we played worse.

AVB was outmaneuvered by Wenger today, and our team was given a lesson in team defending and quick passing. Dawson was awful, as was Rose, and our utter lack of an attacking threat was plain to see.

Sigh. I expected a disjointed performance,but that doesn't mean this loss doesn't hurt all the same. Still, onwards and upwards. At least we were given a reality check early: we will need to play much, much, much better if we are to claim a CL spot, money spent be damned, and Arsenal will push us all the way regardless of whether they make any signings or not.

The worrying thing is that since last March or so Arsenal have become much more savvy and defensive minded. They used to play basketball games every game and were explored for that. That's bit the case anymore.

We looked solid, controlled the tempo so as not to be too open to get caught on their fast counter attack, we could get back in numbers. Loved to see AVB get sooo involved, he's got a lot on stake. We need time to gel, but hate having lárse win anything off us - we'll get them at the Lane and anywhere else we may meet.

COYS !!!

:ross::ross:

You guys! Some of the posts on here are laughable. You think we, or any team, can change things up and everything will click immediately?
We dominated the Scum in their backyard, and were undone by a great finish/Daws brainfart.
Once our team is bedded in we will be damn nigh unstoppable.
COYS!

We looked solid, controlled the tempo so as not to be too open to get caught on their fast counter attack, we could get back in numbers. Loved to see AVB get sooo involved, he's got a lot on stake. We need time to gel, but hate having lárse win anything off us - we'll get them at the Lane and anywhere else we may meet.

COYS !!!

Back