• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur - Arsenal OMT ***

I'm thinking if Lennon is fit, play both he and Townsend instead of Chadli. Only reason is Villa showed pace hurts them. (Can hurt anyone).

Also on the LB role, I'm worried about Rose, but I think I'll say stick Rose on Walcott. Going to be a tough afternoon for Rose, but can imagine Walcott making Vertonghen's life difficult. We need to look at addressing the supply to him, he often times his runs well behind the fb.

I'm thinking if Lennon is fit, play both he and Townsend instead of Chadli. Only reason is Villa showed pace hurts them. (Can hurt anyone).

Also on the LB role, I'm worried about Rose, but I think I'll say stick Rose on Walcott. Going to be a tough afternoon for Rose, but can imagine Walcott making Vertonghen's life difficult. We need to look at addressing the supply to him, he often times his runs well behind the fb.

I agree with you so often that i sometimes find myself re-evaluating my previous statements/team sheet/etc etc when you post something different. I think you have a point with Lennon and Townsend but i'll stick with my opinion that Vertonghen should start LB.

--------lloris
walker--kaboul--vert--rose
-----capoue--paulinho
townsend--dembele--lennon
----------soldado

I'd go with Lennon on the left for this one. He is responsible defensively and can help out Danny Rose (coz he is gonna need it). Townsend and Walker is decent enough down the right. 3 beasts in the middle to knock them out of their stride. Kaboul in place of Dawson just for his extra pace and mobility -- this assumes he has recovered from the Thursday, but it wasn't a tough game.

That team can soak up some pressure and hit them hard on the break, particularly just powering away with the ball straight through the centre of their midfield. This is where they are vulnerable imo, and I hope it's how we set up.

Fantastic point about the counter there..

I agree with you so often that i sometimes find myself re-evaluating my previous statements/team sheet/etc etc when you post something different. I think you have a point with Lennon and Townsend but i'll stick with my opinion that Vertonghen should start LB.

Vertonghen's Achilles heel when playing LB is pace. I can recall him getting roasted on numerous occasions when playing LB by fast tricky winger types. Even though I still have reservations about him I still think Rose is better suited to tackle Walcott.

Anyway he's our best CB so why move him out of position.

Sadly I think this match comes just a little bit to early for us. With the best will in the world, the disruption of the sale of our best player (or at least the circus surrounding the sale) and his replacement with a full squad of top class footballers (well, almost!) is going to make us fragile until everyone gets to know each other and gets on the same wavelength. This is why we only beat Palace and Swansea by a single goal apiece despite comprehensively outplaying them both. And it's why I don't think we're *quite* ready for the pressure-cooker environment of the North London Derby.

Desperately want to be proved wrong. And I'll jump for joy if I am. But I can see us losing this one by a couple of goals.

If the match was a month from now?? I suspect the result would be very different. So I'm still very optimistic about the season and I'm convinced we'll finish above them (finally!) but I do think it'll be two or three weeks before we're properly up to speed.

.........................Lloris
Walker .... Kaboul ...... Vertonghen ..... Rose
............Capoue .......... Sandro
..................... Paulinho
Lamela/Townsend ................... Lennon
......................Soldado

Bench: Friedel, Naughton, Dawson, Dembele, Chadli, Holtby, Defoe

(Yes, if we announce Lamela today I think he should start on Sunday. Crazy? Perhaps, but we can't leave our first £30m signing on the bench against Arsenal. Can we?)

Anybody care to guess what the **** lineup will be? Or post a lineup from one of their boards.

Physioroom has Podolski, Chamberlain, Arteta and Vermaelen all out and Ramsey + Wheelchair touch and go.

Anybody care to guess what the **** lineup will be? Or post a lineup from one of their boards.

Physioroom has Podolski, Chamberlain, Arteta and Vermaelen all out and Ramsey + Wheelchair touch and go.

Arsemania think Wheelchair and Ramsay will be ok. Although not all are convinced Wheelchair should be playing. A lot of them plumping for Flamini instead, which, if he is fit, I think would be the right choice for them.

I don't want to beat Arsenal on Sunday.

I want to destroy them.

To humiliate them.

Shut them up once and for all.

And leave them in no doubt whatsoever that the tide has well and truly turned.

To grind their faces in the dirt, spit on them and dance in celebration.

------------Hugo-------------

Kyle----Daws----Jan----Danny

------Capoue-Moussa---------

---------Paulinho--------------

Andros--------------Chadli

---------Soldado

I want to destroy them.

To humiliate them.

Be realistic man. They're a good team still and will be favourites regardless of who we have bought right now.

*But I want the same things as you

I want to destroy them.

To humiliate them.

Not going to happen. A draw would be a great result for us. We've got a **** record there, they will be well fired up for the game, they still have a quality team that finished above us last season and know each other inside out, they have pace in Walcott and tricky players in Wheelchair, Cazorla and Rosicky.

We can get at their defence however.

Nothing is won on paper. I think we're stronger than them on paper, but not all of our new signings will be available or are likely to be ready in time.

Also, Chelsea went to Old Trafford and I thought they looked a lot stronger than Man U on paper, but it was a draw and Man U edged the chances.

Back