• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tomiyasu Takehiro

If this guy is as good as what was reported not sure why we havent sorted a deal yet

its not mega momey they want for him either and he can play RB & CB

If this guy is as good as what was reported not sure why we havent sorted a deal yet

Think its a case of shift bodies out. We have 3 RBs, 4CBs and 3 LBs, albeit of variable quality

I think if Aurier or Sanchez/Dier had been shifted, Tomiyasu would be a Spurs player now

I fear we're going to be stuck with a lot of the likes of Aurier, Doherty, Dier, Sanchez, Winks, Sissoko etc for the next year...but I'm not sure that it'll be easier to sell them next summer. I'd settle for shifting a couple of those this summer

And as we know its hard to get rid of the deadwood when

a, they are paid silly wages
B, they won’t leave due to a

I think someone said he only just came back from the Olympics and also has a small injury anyway so there was no point rushing it too much as a deal is agreed in principle and we still need to shift others. Who knows though. I would have preferred to sign him ASAP just to get it done

And as we know its hard to get rid of the deadwood when

a, they are paid silly wages
B, they won’t leave due to a
Exactly
Eriksen had no one after him that he would accept and he was world class
Toby had no suitors when his £24m fee was a bargain…

Apparently he had a minor injury when the olympics ended, which is one of the reasons we've been happy to wait and see with this deal.
I thought he had an ankle injury at the start of the Olympics. He started and played all of the quarter final and bronze medal match.

I think it's simply on the back burner as Tanganga has come to the fore, a player with an identical profile to Tommi and the 2 other RBs you might sell, we can't get rid of. We are not going to carry 4 players in that area.

If we are forced to go with the 3 we already have that £20m can be repurposed.

I thought he had an ankle injury at the start of the Olympics. He started and played all of the quarter final and bronze medal match.

I think it's simply on the back burner as Tanganga has come to the fore, a player with an identical profile to Tommi and the 2 other RBs you might sell, we can't get rid of. We are not going to carry 4 players in that area.

If we are forced to go with the 3 we already have that £20m can be repurposed.
Seems spot on to me.

The "sign all the right backs" strategy has some downsides.

Hopefully we'll see some outgoing players soon enough.

We need CBS though
We didn’t have one on the bench Sunday
That was because Rodon and Romero were both unavailable though.

Unless we plan on going with a back three I don't really think we need more than 4 centre backs. If we do go with a back three we have Davies and Tanganga that probably could do a job there.

That was because Rodon and Romero were both unavailable though.

Unless we plan on going with a back three I don't really think we need more than 4 centre backs. If we do go with a back three we have Davies and Tanganga that probably could do a job there.
So this early in the season we have already been without any CBS on the bench
Davies isn’t a CB IMO of course
That’s quite scary IMO

So this early in the season we have already been without any CBS on the bench
Davies isn’t a CB IMO of course
That’s quite scary IMO
So you're saying we need 5 first team centre backs, not counting Davies and Tanganga?

Coincidentally having two short term injuries in the same position isn't really a reason to be scared regardless of the time of year.

It happens.

So you're saying we need 5 first team centre backs, not counting Davies and Tanganga?

Coincidentally having two short term injuries in the same position isn't really a reason to be scared regardless of the time of year.

It happens.
We need 5 IMO
We got through them last season

Back