• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tom Carroll

Carroll was a good player. Would rather loan him to Swansea. I dont want to face a loyal servant of Spurs.

For Carroll, a loan would only make sense if it were for the purposes of improvement/game time before returning to play in the first team, or at least be competing for a first team spot. However there are no signs that will happen. He is a good player who is not even making the bench for us. He's what - 23 or 24 now? Time for him to find a club (PL) where he can hopefully make his mark. I wish him good luck wherever he goes (as long as he doesn't turn it on against us, of course!).

Swansea City are edging closer to signing of Tom Carroll after agreeing an initial fee for the Tottenham Hotspur midfielder.
It is understood Spurs have accepted a basic offer of around £5m for Carroll but want the overall deal to be worth around £9m when add-ons are included. That is more than the bid Swansea have currently put on the table but talks are ongoing, with both clubs confident a resolution will be found.
Carroll’s switch could be finalised as early as next week
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ty-paul-clement-tom-carroll-tottenham-hotspur

Carroll was a good player. Would rather loan him to Swansea. I dont want to face a loyal servant of Spurs.

He'll be 25 by the end of the season. He's getting close to Simon Dawkins' oldest academy ligger record (Dawkins was 26 when we finally let him go). He's already had 4 not-particularly-successful loans, but mainly needs to move now to make any sort of career for himself.

BBC are running the deal story, with a quote from Clement: "The Carroll signing is very close. Pending a medical and paperwork, it will go through"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38586297

As much as he wasn't good enough for this iteration of Spurs, it always makes me a little sad to see one of our academy boys moved on. That said, It's a great move for him, and I'll look forward to watching him try to keep Swansea up. They really need some defenders so for their sake, I hope they pick up a couple as well.

As much as he wasn't good enough for this iteration of Spurs, it always makes me a little sad to see one of our academy boys moved on. That said, It's a great move for him, and I'll look forward to watching him try to keep Swansea up. They really need some defenders so for their sake, I hope they pick up a couple as well.

I'd argue this is good for him and us.

If our academy "not good enough" are still first team PL players, it means we are churning out quality, and those kids have at worst, a chance at a very well paid career at the top of the game (if not the absolute best sides). How many is that now? Carroll, Mason, Livermore, Caulker, Townsend, Bentaleb, Pritchard all in last few years?

Good luck Tom, would be nice to see some cultured playing in the lower PL teams ...

I'd argue this is good for him and us.

If our academy "not good enough" are still first team PL players, it means we are churning out quality, and those kids have at worst, a chance at a very well paid career at the top of the game (if not the absolute best sides)
. How many is that now? Carroll, Mason, Livermore, Caulker, Townsend, Bentaleb, Pritchard all in last few years?

Good luck Tom, would be nice to see some cultured playing in the lower PL teams ...

This is key. If we can increase the number of our youngsters that make it at the top level, it won't have been a failure by any means - instead, it will have been an enormous success. Lads coming into the academy need to know that there's a well-paid, significant career waiting for them even if they don't make it at Spurs, provided that they keep working hard. It's good for them, it's good for us (gets us good transfer fees, at the very least), and it will ensure that more highly talented lads choose our youth academy over that of a competitor.

4.5 million, another amazing bit of business from Levy.

Although he's probably earned that in wages over the last 2 seasons clocking up a dozen EL matches. All I mean is we should have made this decision much earlier

I do now think this is the most perfectly formed squad we've ever had though. 24 top players with only Sissoko deadwood and Lopez so far an unknown

Although he's probably earned that in wages over the last 2 seasons clocking up a dozen EL matches. All I mean is we should have made this decision much earlier

I do now think this is the most perfectly formed squad we've ever had though. 24 top players with only Sissoko deadwood and Lopez so far an unknown

Sissoko = deadwood.

Janssen = not deadwood.

CCV = somehow a 'top player' while Sissoko isn't, by this strange estimation.

As for Carroll, I'm happy to let Poch decide when he wants to move somebody on. Not Levy (alone, at least), and certainly not purely for cash considerations. If Poch felt he needed Carroll for the last two seasons, he needed Carroll, simple as.

Sissoko = deadwood.

Janssen = not deadwood.

CCV = somehow a 'top player' while Sissoko isn't, by this strange estimation.

As for Carroll, I'm happy to let Poch decide when he wants to move somebody on. Not Levy (alone, at least), and certainly not purely for cash considerations. If Poch felt he needed Carroll for the last two seasons, he needed Carroll, simple as.

Janssen is 5 years younger than Sissoko. He has potential, quality and heart - none of which Sissoko does. Sissoko was an embarrassing 10 to 2 call who needs shipping to China asap.

Personally I just think Carroll was just scared to leave, and probably too nice a bloke/been part of the furniture so for long to push out.

Back