• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tom Carroll

cobblers, the fee for Mason has been quoted between 10 -13 million and if that is right than Carroll ( who is the better player ) should be worth the same.

Mason was our first choice CM for a season-and-a-half and clocked up 70 appearances in two years. He's also got an England cap and been in other squads.

Carroll has about 6 seasons of Europa group games under his belt and a few lower league loans.

There's a huge difference in their calibre.

Mason was our first choice CM for a season-and-a-half and clocked up 70 appearances in two years. He's also got an England cap and been in other squads.

Carroll has about 6 seasons of Europa group games under his belt and a few lower league loans.

There's a huge difference in their calibre.

Its pointless trying to debate with you over this mate as you are obviously in love with him, lets just agree to disagree. The way you talk/talked about Mason would give the impression that he is a great player when in all reality he is nothing special and struggles to get in the Hull side.

Mason is overrated by @Gutter Boy for sure but he HAS shown more PL quality and robustness than Carroll. If not for the injury he suffered in scoring our winner away at Sunderland i suspect he would have had more starts for us last season. Physically i don't think he recovered and we as a team evolved and left him behind.

Tom Carroll is a 'cuter' player (he can do some lovely through balls at times) but he lacks the strength and drive that Mason has to last in the PL. I very much doubt Carroll will have had as many PL appearances as Mason overall in 4 years time.

Both players may have had more appearances for us if we had a more 'pure' DCM like Wanyama last year for their security; however, Mason could stand on his own two feet and get stuck in much more than Carroll ever can; hence such few starts even in cup competitions

Yep. Mason did seem to be made from glass, but he did play some good games for us when given the responsibility of playing in central midfield. 10 million would be great business for us.

Yep. Mason did seem to be made from glass, but he did play some good games for us when given the responsibility of playing in central midfield. 10 million would be great business for us.

Played some horrible games too and have been unable to take out either one of Huddlestone/Livermore from the Hull midfield.

To be honest, when I was reading £10m on here, that seemed expensive to me. I would have thought nearer to £4.5m than £10m, I guess we will know soon enough.

I agree, but:

He could be a snip. Not that dissimilar to Alan was it who was sold to pool, aka the welsh messi :eek: Anyone else miss Brendon Rodgers?

4.5 but 10m all in, if swans stay up etc.

Back