• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

I think Ajax is a good shout....just what would they pay him? Bet their top earner is only on £40k a week.

Maybe Toby is not much of a spender. Even his £60/65k is big money.

A £5m signing on maybe and £50/£60k

If he was motivated by money he wound have took the big pay rise we offered him

Outside of a City, RM, Barca, Lollerpool, or Bayern there's really not any other team out there that would be a step up for either of them. Plus we can probably match what they'd get paid elsewhere too. So it really should be a no-brainer.

I am really kinda surprised that the big guys did not come swarming in for toby, eriksen and even the likes of alli, kane, sonny.

Perhaps they see that it's Poch's system that makes the players more special than they are individually?

Sent from my SM-T835 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I am really kinda surprised that the big guys did not come swarming in for toby, eriksen and even the likes of alli, kane, sonny.

Perhaps they see that it's Poch's system that makes the players more special than they are individually?

It's a sellers market. Few players anywhere are moving against the wishes of the club currently in possession

4 days left I think for someone to match the £25m release clause! I've always felt like Toby would stay, though Eriksen I'm still expecting to join Real, Athletico or PSG.

4 days left I think for someone to match the £25m release clause! I've always felt like Toby would stay, though Eriksen I'm still expecting to join Real, Athletico or PSG.

Or 2.5 weeks before he can start negotiating for a free transfer

Or maybe they realise were one of the big guys now and it’s harder then ever to get a player from us unless we deem it right to do so

People quickly forget the scale of the club has changed significantly now with the ground and last seasons final. We’re not a club that has financial issues so needs to sell and we’re in as strong a position as we have been in a very very long time

I dont see him leaving on a free next year. No big club has come in for him this summer when he's available for a knock-down price, so should you really expect them to do so when he's another year older? I'm not sure I buy that so I expect him to sign an improved 2 or 3 year contact in the next few weeks

I dont see him leaving on a free next year. No big club has come in for him this summer when he's available for a knock-down price, so should you really expect them to do so when he's another year older? I'm not sure I buy that so I expect him to sign an improved 2 or 3 year contact in the next few weeks
£25 million is equivalent to about £120,000 a week for 4 years. If Toby has wage expectations of £150k a week or so then that is a big package with no resale value. In a year’s time I think there would be lots of clubs willing to give him those wages for 3 years with no transfer fee.

£25 million is equivalent to about £120,000 a week for 4 years. If Toby has wage expectations of £150k a week or so then that is a big package with no resale value. In a year’s time I think there would be lots of clubs willing to give him those wages for 3 years with no transfer fee.

Depends on how much footballing matters play into things and whether he's willing to take a step down. If he's playing regularly at Spurs at earning, say, £100k per week plus bonuses, is that better than moving to a less competitive team/league and earning more?

Back