• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

Due to the apparent lack of interest, he'd probably be better of staying (and that's better for us as well). We're very much on the up, top class facilities, and a very level headed sensible manager.

I'd give him 180-200k a year for 4 years. If you stretch that out to include all the time he's been here, the original transfer fee and the number of seasons he's been stuck on 65k.....it represents fantastic value for an excellent player

I'm not sure Levy views contract negotiations through that sort of lens.

Due to the apparent lack of interest, he'd probably be better of staying (and that's better for us as well). We're very much on the up, top class facilities, and a very level headed sensible manager.

I'd give him 180-200k a year for 4 years. If you stretch that out to include all the time he's been here, the original transfer fee and the number of seasons he's been stuck on 65k.....it represents fantastic value for an excellent player

I think you need to review those figures!!!!!

I think you need to review those figures!!!!!
Just being realistic as to what 1.Toby might accept, 2. Tempt him to stay and not eff off on a free next season. As although you could correctly say no-one is offering him big money now he's still disappearing on a free next year if he stays...that's 25m gone.

Plus our 2 promising CB are still a way down the learning curve and Toby staying would provide a buffer.

Just being realistic as to what 1.Toby might accept, 2. Tempt him to stay and not eff off on a free next season. As although you could correctly say no-one is offering him big money now he's still disappearing on a free next year if he stays...that's 25m gone.

Plus our 2 promising CB are still a way down the learning curve and Toby staying would provide a buffer.

As it reported Toby is getting between £65-80k A WEEK I can't see him being excited at £180-200k a year for 4 years

Theyve been saying as much for a week or so - all the reporting has been how they want to pay less than the release clause.

Hence all these player + deals.

Saw yesterday from an Italian outlet we might offer a straight swap Alderweireld + Sissoko = Zaniolo

Others have been Alderweireld + £££

Have to say i'm pretty surprised no one has come in at that price.

Is the clause simply about making a bid by the deadline or completing the deal with the player (wages, medical, registration) as well? Because if several different clubs meet the clause, it may take a while for the whole thing to finalise itself

Is the clause simply about making a bid by the deadline or completing the deal with the player (wages, medical, registration) as well? Because if several different clubs meet the clause, it may take a while for the whole thing to finalise itself

He becomes cheaper after the clause expires anyway. Free come January

Guess there is no hurry.

His price stays the same till the clause finishes.

Given it’s a well known situation he would have been sounded out by clubs way before the summer, maybe he doesn’t want to leave?

Guess there is no hurry.

His price stays the same till the clause finishes.

Given it’s a well known situation he would have been sounded out by clubs way before the summer, maybe he doesn’t want to leave?
From his perspective the payrise and a longer pre season with his new team mates?
I wonder if there’s either a specific city or club he’s holding out for or the strategy is to wait another year to leave on a free? I still can’t believe no one has triggered the clause. For other deals I imagine they can be interlinked like a house sale chain, so Fulham want a replacement for Sessegnon / we want the cash from Rose to make it happen but in Toby’s case I don’t think we have any say on when he goes.
I’d love it if he did stay but if he does want to he’s missed out on at least a year of improved terms.

He might well have had a few offers via his agent already and rejected them. Maybe the wages/personal terms were not to his liking. Most teams even in the PL would throw 25m on the table no problem for a player of his quality but another 10mil or so a year for wages times 4 is not as good an investment for an ageing player.

Roma seem to be the only club heavily linked to him, and they have openly stated they cant afford his fee.

Reports also suggest they have offered very similar wages to what we have.

Beginning to look like he will stay, IMO, at least for a little while...

Hopefully. A two year extension , increased wages, 2 years supply of hair gel, and nix the buyout clause.

The complication comes when no one comes in for him, and he doesnt indicate a willingness to sign a deal.

What then? Do we sell at a reduced fee? Or gamble on convincing him to stay and risk losing him on a free? (ditto Eriksen)

Back