• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

I think he's on 65k or something, so another year on that and if he then moved to Ajax I'm not sure they're big payers ?....then it's hang your boots up time, unless China comes calling.
Yeah, Ajax won't pay him the big bucks. He'll move to one of the uber rich but underperforming clubs for a few seasons and then fudge off to China. There is a slim chance he'll re-sign for a few years with us but only if Utd or a club like that don't come for him. I don't begrudge him a money move. He has massive hair product expenses for his whole family to deal with.

Looking like Roma are coming in for him tonight, but what I don't get is, how are they going to pay him more than we could? I always assumed that a richer Prem club or one of Bayern, Barca, or Real would come in for him, but surely we can offer a better contract than Roma could with their Europa League/Serie A budget.

Sign that man up, Levy!

Looking like Roma are coming in for him tonight, but what I don't get is, how are they going to pay him more than we could? I always assumed that a richer Prem club or one of Bayern, Barca, or Real would come in for him, but surely we can offer a better contract than Roma could with their Europa League/Serie A budget.

Sign that man up, Levy!

Not a lot makes sense on Toby’s part throughout this whole contract saga.

He’s either a little bit dim or has been listening to some horrific advice from his advisors, so with that in mind dont rule anything out on his part.

Sign that man up, Levy!
Does seem mad getting rid of one of the best CBs out there. I'd pay him £200K a week, if that's what we're paying Ndombele (who let's face it is untried).

Sign that man up, Levy!

It’s a step down too
The Italian league is a weak league
But maybe that’s the appeal

Final payday before going back to Amsterdam.
Chance to live in Rome and try out a different league.
Chance to still look good if he starts to decline.
It would be a smart move for him.
I can certainly see the appeal.

Final payday before going back to Amsterdam.
Chance to live in Rome and try out a different league.
Chance to still look good if he starts to decline.
It would be a smart move for him.
I can certainly see the appeal.
How much of a payday would it be though? We offered him, what, 135K/wk a season and a half ago? Is he going to get anything near that at Roma? Not only that, but he'd have to get significantly more than that to make up for all the wages he missed out on by not accepting our offer. Unless he knows something we don't. Barca, for example, are looking for a CB. Their pre-season starts on July 14, so there's still some time to get him wrapped up.

How much of a payday would it be though? We offered him, what, 135K/wk a season and a half ago? Is he going to get anything near that at Roma? Not only that, but he'd have to get significantly more than that to make up for all the wages he missed out on by not accepting our offer. Unless he knows something we don't. Barca, for example, are looking for a CB. Their pre-season starts on July 14, so there's still some time to get him wrapped up.
I've got one word for you - sign on bonus.

I've got one word for you - sign on bonus.
This. A two year contract with a £10M signing on bonus (on top of the £25M they have to pay us) equals almost £100k/week on top of his regular wages.

I've got no issues with Alderweireld. He's been professional and, while not at the absolute top of his game, more than good enough for us this season. If he can get a last payday / live the high life somewhere warmer / play for his boyhood club, good luck to him.

I will miss him though. Quality defender.

13 days left and he is ours for another year.

Sadly villa signed Konsa who is his hair/heir apparent.

I like what you did thair/there!

849655.jpg

Surely he won’t be tempted by Roma. I don’t mind losing this guy for free, feels different to Eriksen. Only issue is that it will hold Sánchez and Foyth’s development back.

There an article this morning, Roma want to wait for his release to expire and then try to negotiate a €12m deal for him "Considering his age and length of contract". While offering him a small pay rise on what we pay him.

Id love to be a fly on the wall when that call comes in, will Levy be able to withhold his laughter until after putting the phone down?

BREAKING NEWS

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is set to meet Roma official Franco Baldini in London to negotiate a deal for Toby Alderweireld, according to Sky in Italy.

ROMA IN LONDON FOR TOBY TALKS

So Spurs and Roma are due to meet in London over the potential transfer of Toby Alderweireld, reports Sky in Italy.

Roma official Franco Baldini, who was previously sporting director at Spurs, has an appointment with Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy on Friday.

Roma are hoping to lower the £25m asking price for Alderweireld, a price set by a clause in his contract that states the Belgian can leave for that figure until 14 days before the end of the transfer window.

Sky in Italy are also reporting that representatives of Alderweireld, who has a year remaining on his Spurs contract, have presented high demands for the player in a meeting with Roma yesterday.

Back