• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

No - you can only agree a pre-contract 6 months before with an overseas club. Domestic ones have to wait until the contract expires
Source? Hope you're right but Wikipedia makes no mention of this clause:

With six months or less remaining on an existing contract for players aged 23 or older, they are free to negotiate with other clubs and sign a pre-contract agreement, indicating their ability to move to their intended club on a Bosman transfer when the next transfer window opens.

Yeah, he's said he'd like to go back to Ajax one day, so sitting tight and waiting to go on a free would make that much easier. Although with the chunk of cash they are going to get for De Ligt, they could go for Toby in the coming weeks.

With six months or less remaining on an existing contract for players aged 23 or older, they are free to negotiate with other clubs and sign a pre-contract agreement, indicating their ability to move to their intended club on a Bosman transfer when the next transfer window opens.

I'm fairly sure is is right, unless there has been a recent change. I think the Bosman transfer can only be to a foreign club because European law only determines freedom of job movement between countries.

I'm fairly sure is is right, unless there has been a recent change. I think the Bosman transfer can only be to a foreign club because European law only determines freedom of job movement between countries.

This was the Scumpbell situation wasn't it?

he agreed 'unofficially' before March to join Arsenal but then had to pretend for appearance sake that he hadn't and that he wasn't considering new contracts with us and that he hadn't been in discussions elsewhere.

I don't think so. The European rule is pre-contract agreement with legal force. Campbell might have made a verbal agreement with Arsenal. Any player is free to give a verbal agreement that they will sign with another club after the end of his current contract, but I don't think he was allowed to put anything in writing.

So 6 weeks til the season starts, and slightly less til the end of the window.

He can leave if we get a £25m offer before the last two weeks of the window right? So that leaves just under 4 weeks for someone to make that offer

Two weeks before the end of the transfer window, but whose window? The PL window? The European window? Windows 98?

So 6 weeks til the season starts, and slightly less til the end of the window.

He can leave if we get a £25m offer before the last two weeks of the window right? So that leaves just under 4 weeks for someone to make that offer

I wonder if he might have talked himself out of a move.

Also think clubs that want Eriksen might just wait a year and get him for free.

Good players, but squad players for most other teams in the champs league.

No way does levy let eriksen leave for free.

Does not have much choice in the matter if he does not sell this window. No one will pay any sort of money for him in January.

So we are back to which clubs will sign him. He wants Madrid or Barca but they don't seem to want him.

Juventus? Maybe but properly not. Man u? Well apparently they are trying to get rid of sulky pricks.

Eriksen on a free next summer. Can see clubs going for it.

i know its a thing - i cant find very many articles this is the closest - and if you search Ramsey "free to talk to foreign clubs" or somthing it shows they are are only allowed to speak to foreign clubs before the contract is up - the one month thing I read somewhere in the winter - I am 90% certain its right otherwise it would be the end of the contract.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/26/premier-league-players-contracts-end-next-summer

Fifa rules state that players with less than six months remaining on their contracts are free to negotiate with overseas clubs and sign a pre-contract agreement to join at the end of the season.

& https://talksport.com/football/471184/summer-free-agents-pre-contract-agreements-luiz-kompany-godin/

Footballers who are out of contract in the summer are allowed to sign pre-contract agreements with clubs in another league in January and this year the list of players is as star-studded as ever.

Back