• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

Whats the difference to sign him up? 30k?

fudge principle now and just give it to him.

We've missed out on de ligt, jan is getting on and getting injuries and foyth isnt quite ready to be first choice.

It’s ok we have Sanchez who is already better according to what a lot were saying on here last season.

Don’t get me wrong Sanchez is gonna be unreal when he gets more experience and cuts out the mistakes but he’s not at Toby or Jan’s level yet, not even close and I’m concerned about the prospect of losing both Toby and Rose in the summer to a defence that has looked shaky at times even with those two in it. Subtract them and i think we’d need to go and buy replacements which would be costly.

Still one of the best cbs in the league for £25 million? No brainer.

We're also overplaying his injury issues. He played 38 and then 30 league games first 2 seasons. 14 last season but he was clearly dropped, at least partly, for non football reasons after return from his injury.

Also played 15 of 17 games so far this season.

Yep. They would still want him and we would be mad to sell him to United.

Very good game yesterday, Sanchez was a bit dodgy ( no surprise after missing the last 9 games) and Toby was talking him through the game all the time. For me he is really getting back to the form he showed a year or so back.

It does look like we are going to lose him in the summer for this £25m sadly.

I can see Barcelona coming in for him and Toby happily going their.

It leaves us with a massive hole to fill in the summer. If Jan can stay fit next season he can form a good partnership with Sanchez and we also have Foyth developing.

But we will need to go into the market and find another Sanchez level player.

It does look like we are going to lose him in the summer for this £25m sadly.

I can see Barcelona coming in for him and Toby happily going their.

It leaves us with a massive hole to fill in the summer. If Jan can stay fit next season he can form a good partnership with Sanchez and we also have Foyth developing.

But we will need to go into the market and find another Sanchez level player.
Barca are spending big money on De Ligt....

Barca are spending big money on De Ligt....

Then we may have some hope.

I suspect he will evaluate all the offers open to him in the summer and then make a decision to stay or go elsewhere.

We are an attractive choice and im sure not only money will dictate what he does.

The realistic interest would come from manure, bayern, juve and barca imo.

No CL for manure makes them least likely and barca may be happy with de ligt (although at £25m they may see Toby as an upgrade on whatever role vermalen has) so could come down to whether he is happy to leave us for juve or bayern, who wont pay him much more than what we have offered.

He will probably have to decide between us and juve.

He'll end up at Arsenal or Chelsea and everyone who said we shouldn't sell to United last season will be wishing we did.

Merry Christmas

He'll end up at Arsenal or Chelsea and everyone who said we shouldn't sell to United last season will be wishing we did.

Merry Christmas

Why would he go to either of those? If he did it would be nothing but a money grab. Then there’s the possibility that both teams may not be in the CL next season.

Merry Christmas

What we don’t know is how Poch views Toby now.
Yes he is playing him but does Poch still want to offload him? Hopefully not but who knows to what extent bridges have been burnt.

Toby is great on the ground. Tackling and interceptions he is very good. His big weakness for me is defending aerial balls especially set pieces.

Merry Christmas

And we'd be far worse this season without him as a result, because I'm almost certain that not a penny of the reported fee would actually have been reinvested.

Keep him. Next summer, well, que sera sera.

Back