• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

This is the time for Toby to prove his character and also to feel some love.
If those two things come together, great!
If they don't, Sanchez is straight back in.
Sanchez is quality, but still has things to learn.
It's a good balance.
We need three centre backs all ready to play.

I think we might go for a back 3 at Watford. I'm sure Poch has done that before against them to deal with Deeney and co.

Then again, it's hard to guess what Poch will do, which is great -- the opposition don't know either.

This is the time for Toby to prove his character and also to feel some love.
If those two things come together, great!
If they don't, Sanchez is straight back in.
Sanchez is quality, but still has things to learn.
It's a good balance.
We need three centre backs all ready to play.
Who would you leave out?

After reading Stephen's comment just above, my first reaction wasn't about the ManU Sanchez. It was about our own.

And how he needs to get stuck in and ensure he earns every second of playing time he's looking for this season. Because if Toby is willing to put in a performance to ensure he's well displayed to future suitors, our Sanchez might well find himself doing Sudoku puzzles on the bench.

I didn't say play three centre backs, I said three ready to play.
We are aiming for a long season where we want to be performing all the time, across the PL, CL and FA Cup.
Also, against certain teams Sanchez has a better skill set than Toby and vice versa.
At some point we'll need Toby and Sanchez to play together too.
Oops, my bad. :eek:

Why is it down to who pays him the most?

Surely at least two of the top clubs in the world will come in for him and assuming arsenal offered him more money, you're saying he would potentially choose them!?!?!?

I shouldn't have to waste my time logging in and replying to such utter nonesense.

Not sure if serious

_1420259_camp300.jpg

If a Spurs born and bred player can do it, why not a Belgian mercenary?

Word around Tottenham says club will ‘try one last time’ to get player to renew his contract

There’s a slim chance, but it’s a growing chance.

Long term peace may break out between Tottenham Hotspur and Toby Alderweireld.

After several months of strife, and the Belgian media suggesting all kinds of things were going on, with Mauricio Pochettino and Daniel Levy both being targets, the defender is back in the team and getting on with things.

A good performance against Manchester United on Monday evening will have gone a long way in showing Pochettino that he may as well have Alderweireld in his team for the foreseeable future.

Belgian newspaper HLN says that despite the manager having ‘hardly any confidence’ in the defender, because of his desire to leave in the summer window, he’s still getting opportunities and his performances could keep him in the team.

Then comes the interesting bit. HLN states that the word around Tottenham is that Spurs will ‘try one last time’ to get Alderweireld to renew.

Should that be correct, and it makes sense for it to be so, then it’s going one of two ways. Toby renews and everyone lives happily ever after, or the whole contract disagreement drags on further and becomes even more fraught.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/word-arou...-try-one-last-time-get-player-renew-contract/

He really really wants to stay, but...........not unless he can have my cake and eat it!
Like us all in the end I suppose?

Why is Alderweireld being left out of the Inter Milan match ? He is our best defender and unless he is injured, he should be starting all our matches. Sanchez is too error-prone to be playing against Inter. Unless we lift our game, it could get really ugly against Inter as we have conceded 8 goals in 2 away matches against them.

Why is Alderweireld being left out of the Inter Milan match ? He is our best defender and unless he is injured, he should be starting all our matches. Sanchez is too error-prone to be playing against Inter. Unless we lift our game, it could get really ugly against Inter as we have conceded 8 goals in 2 away matches against them.
Maybe he's one of the knackered players having had an injury-ravaged season followed by a world cup where he played 540 minutes. How many players in our current squad played in those two games, mate?

Back