• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

When Gent burst through on goal I thought "no worries, that is Toby, he'll snuff this out"... watching it on a non HD st.ream

I couldn't believe the way Toby defended it, not taking any of the 3 chances to snuff it out. And then I realised it was Dier.

When Gent burst through on goal I thought "no worries, that is Toby, he'll snuff this out"... watching it on a non HD st.ream

I couldn't believe the way Toby defended it, not taking any of the 3 chances to snuff it out. And then I realised it was Dier.
We need to get you access to the games in HD.

Dier is like Caulker. Both are young and makes too many mistakes. Don't mind us keeping Dier in midfield but he should never play in defence. Thought Pochettino has realised this when he dropped Dier against Fulham. But then Dier comes back against Gent and cost us the game again. We should get another defender as back up or give another chance to Wimmer.

Dier is like Caulker. Both are young and makes too many mistakes. Don't mind us keeping Dier in midfield but he should never play in defence. Thought Pochettino has realised this when he dropped Dier against Fulham. But then Dier comes back against Gent and cost us the game again. We should get another defender as back up or give another chance to Wimmer.
You have to be careful with the young ones. Experience is everything for central defenders.
Before this season the last person in the world who should be playing centre half is sideshow Bob at Chelsea. This season he looks a vital part of their success.

As I've said earlier Wimmer plays on the left where verts plays!!!!

And If Dier has been that bad how on Earth have we got the best defence in the league ?!?!?

Last edited:
You have to be careful with the young ones. Experience is everything for central defenders.
Before this season the last person in the world who should be playing centre half is sideshow Bob at Chelsea. This season he looks a vital part of their success.
He has changed his game under Conte IMO. Conte has trimmed it back to the absolute basics and ordered Sideshow to cut out all the chasing around the park like a dog after a ....um... ball.

Dier is nothing like Caulker. The recent Spurs player he reminds me most of is Dawson. He is still young and learning the game, this has been made harder by playing a number of positions. I would agree that he is currently better in central midfield than central defence but it seems stupid and short sighted to suggest that he should never play in defence. You seem to ignore that he has been a regular presence in the best defence in the league, I also don't remember many people complaining about him playing there when everyone was getting carried away with three at the back earlier in the year.

Nothing like each other. Like completely no similarities.

I despair sometimes at the ridiculously opinionated spurs fan who just wants to write off our players. No support, just the attitude of "if you make a mistake, fudge off out of my club". As if there is some GHod given right for us to be higher in the league, win the Europa and that there's no possible way that any club, let alone ours, can ever have an off day. Get real!

So we have Dier, who people are saying is costing us goals. Yet, as @Bedfordspurs has pointed out, we have the best defence in the league? Square that circle.

Dier is a top DM however partly because we lack cover for our first choice CBs and partly because we've started to use 3 at the back sometimes, he's had to play in his second best position. How many players would look genuinely top class in two different positions?

Dier is a top DM however partly because we lack cover for our first choice CBs and partly because we've started to use 3 at the back sometimes, he's had to play in his second best position. How many players would look genuinely top class in two different positions?

He didn't join us as a central midfielder and who is to say where he we end up being best. He is still young and I think that we should be patient with his development.

Nothing like each other. Like completely no similarities.

I despair sometimes at the ridiculously opinionated spurs fan who just wants to write off our players. No support, just the attitude of "if you make a mistake, fudge off out of my club". As if there is some GHod given right for us to be higher in the league, win the Europa and that there's no possible way that any club, let alone ours, can ever have an off day. Get real!

So we have Dier, who people are saying is costing us goals. Yet, as @Bedfordspurs has pointed out, we have the best defence in the league? Square that circle.

Spot on mate, but like every club we have fans who have always got to find a spacegoat.

Back