• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

I will preface this by saying Tony Gale is a twunt. But he said during the game that twice Dier made great recovery challenges but he should never have put himself in that position. His body position was wrong, he was allowing players to get the wrong side of him and then having to recover.

If somebody wants to become IBH (Instant Board Hero) they would make gifs/Vines of these little moments so we could discuss them properly, but you are all too stupid/ lazy/ useless.

I will preface this by saying Tony Gale is a twunt. But he said during the game that twice Dier made great recovery challenges but he should never have put himself in that position. His body position was wrong, he was allowing players to get the wrong side of him and then having to recover.

If somebody wants to become IBH (Instant Board Hero) they would make gifs/Vines of these little moments so we could discuss them properly, but you are all too stupid/ lazy/ useless.
So that leaves only you then.

We don't mind waiting ... :rolleyes:

Jésus i can not believe that a player of only 22 and who has played in three different positions for us can be marked out as being unable to play at CB well as he matures. One of the things a CB needs is to establish a regular partnership with his fellow CB ( look at how well Toby and Jan play). I have no idea off the top of my head how many different players have played alongside him during his CB games but it would be a few.

Who is doing that then?

But wasn't this the very trademark of both those legends of Anfield & Stamford Bridge (& England) Terry and Carragher? I thought body on the line last ditch recoveries were the mark of true greatness????

I am LOVING Dier's work this season. Top sides need a competent utility player for balance. Dier's probably one of the first names on the teamsheet, but his position doesn't need to be decided until later. That gives Poch great flexibility, and we can be sure of an above average performance at RB, CB or DM. Probably even CF if he fancies a go!

As long as Dier sees it as a compliment and enjoys the challenge. It's a sign of an excellent footballing brain and great positional awareness.

I just hope that he was being honest at his post-match interview, and that he isn't secretly seething about Wanyama taking his DM spot.

I am LOVING Dier's work this season. Top sides need a competent utility player for balance.

Thank the heavens for the return of the 'utility player'. I use the phrase at work to explain the difference between "use" and "utilise"; the latter meaning to use something for a purpose for which it was not intended.
Thus, you can utilise a steam iron as a door-stop, but if you use it as a steam iron you are using it, not utilising it.
I appreciate the distinction is small, and probably archaic, but on the other hand , "use" is shorter and easier to spell ... ;)

P.S. My New Year's resolution was to give up pedantry. How am I doing?

Thank the heavens for the return of the 'utility player'. I use the phrase at work to explain the difference between "use" and "utilise"; the latter meaning to use something for a purpose for which it was not intended.
Thus, you can utilise a steam iron as a door-stop, but if you use it as a steam iron you are using it, not utilising it.
I appreciate the distinction is small, and probably archaic, but on the other hand , "use" is shorter and easier to spell ... ;)

upload_2017-1-7_12-13-31.jpeg

Thankfully New Year resolutions never last.

Back