• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Re: Welcome Eric Dier!

Being two footed is overrated and this is coming from someone who is ambipedal(like ambidextrous but with feet). I would wager that less than 1% of professional footballers are equally comfortable with either feet, most are terribly one footed, a few are competent on their weaker side but still not great and then you have a tiny minority who can use both equally well.

The only genuinely two footed player that I recall seeing in recent times is Pavel Nedved. Class act.

Cazorla's right footed but he can use his left well. I think Hernanes is the only one currently but I haven't watched him enough to say for certain.

I remember seeing Teddy take a free kick for Colchester with his left which was headed for the top corner too.

Hudd had a great 'weak' foot.

There is always a stronger foot. It is just a matter of how strong one foot is compared to the other.

Being two footed is overrated and this is coming from someone who is ambipedal(like ambidextrous but with feet). I would wager that less than 1% of professional footballers are equally comfortable with either feet, most are terribly one footed, a few are competent on their weaker side but still not great and then you have a tiny minority who can use both equally well.

Fairly strict definition of two footed. I see it more as someone that's (very) comfortable with both feet. It might be overrated, but it's still a useful ability for a player, particularly in a passing team. Well worth bringing up as a positive.

I thought he generally looked very very good today, and has enormous promise. His reading of the game is great, and we will need that to continue to improve because the only issue I see right now is that he is slow on the turn and could be done for pace BUT with his obvious ability to read things, it might not be that much of an issue…time will tell…promising...

I'm suprised this thread hasn't been inundated with posters. The lad did really well for his home debut and didn't look out of place at all. As said it's a bit different from an EPL game but still encouraging signs

Is his name really pronounced the same as Dyer? I've been saying it in my head as De-air.

Back