• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Re: Welcome Eric Dier!

Haven't GHod a clue about this kid, and never ever heard of him before, but I'm confident he'll be the next Ledley King.

That Sporting statement certainly makes it sound like they valued him a lot higher than what we signed him for.

Without any future rights.

daniellevy.jpg

Would have always been without any future rights as we paid an amount which activated a clause in his contract.

Need to bear in mind the how many/few players from the England Under 21 team actually make it to being good enough for a top 5 or 6 PL team. Lots fall by the wayside....hopefully Dier wont be one of them however I think we need to be realistic in our expectations (which SPurs fans generally arent good at!)

It sort of depends on the generation. Many of Peter Taylor's U21 team from the very late 90s/Euro 2000 went on to have very good careers - Carragher, Ferdinand, King, Lampard, Gerrard, Barry and Heskey all came through together (though admittedly they lined up alongside the likes of Cadamateri, Jeffers, Hendrie and Seth Johnson)

Dier, Gomez, Stones and Lascalles might just be the next golden generation of English CBs (and boy do we need them to be).

Without any future rights.

daniellevy.jpg

Brilliant. Think he'll be the bargain of the Summer. And it's 5M Euros so about 4M pounds or about 1/5th of a Lovren. How's that carefully crafted Liverpool transfer strategy, Brent?

Need to bear in mind the how many/few players from the England Under 21 team actually make it to being good enough for a top 5 or 6 PL team. Lots fall by the wayside....hopefully Dier wont be one of them however I think we need to be realistic in our expectations (which SPurs fans generally arent good at!)

In the last 2 years that u21 squad has produced quite a few good players who have been called up to the Senior England squad (Barkley, Wheelchair, Shaw, Butland, Jones, Sterling to name a few) and plenty of EPL regulars as well.

[video=youtube;jZT5G70I4So]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZT5G70I4So[/video]

:-k

Over the course of the last month, Sporting Clube de Portugal, Futebol SAD, began negotiations with the athlete Eric Dier for the renewal of his contract.

Unexpectedly, Sporting, SAD was confronted by the player’s father and official representative with a bid from Tottenham Hotspur, with that bid activating a clause agreed by previous Boards of Directors for the sale of the player for an amount of €5,000,000 or more, unless the personal terms offered as part of the bid are matched. Due to the Club’s current salary policy, the respective balance within the squad and the on-going financial restructuring underway at the Club, it was not possible to match the proposed terms.

Furthermore, Sporting, SAD was also informed that the player did not want to remain with the Club even on equal terms and that any equal or improved personal terms would not have been accepted.

In light of the above, Sporting, SAD announces the complete sale of the economic rights of the player Eric Dier to Tottenham Hotspur for €5,000,000, without any future rights relative to the player.

Despite the above mentioned events, Sporting, SAD wishes Eric Dier all the best in his career.

http://www.sporting.pt/English/News/newsfut_eng_futdiersale_310714_130178.asp

Wow, they sound genuinely p*ssed off to be losing him. Can only be a good thing from our perspective. Leastways until Barcelona come in for him in two years and he forces another move ;-)

Never heard of him before today but thats a good thing, as my expectations wont be high. Looks like a good signing on paper and I wish him well.

see the mentions of Right Back but from the video he seems very left footed to me.

see the mentions of Right Back but from the video he seems very left footed to me.

Been a couple of years since I played, but I googled his football manager profile and he's listed as a right footed player in there. It's the kind of thing they very rarely get wrong so I think he's probably right footed.

I think the video is more a result of the positions he were in in those clips, looks comfortable with both feet and chose to use his left when that was natural.

Been a couple of years since I played, but I googled his football manager profile and he's listed as a right footed player in there. It's the kind of thing they very rarely get wrong so I think he's probably right footed.

I think the video is more a result of the positions he were in in those clips, looks comfortable with both feet and chose to use his left when that was natural.
Just from watching the video I feel he is clearly a left footer. Even his goal was left footed. Not certain though.

I don't think it matters. People get too hung up on RCB and LCB because of FM. 90% of CBs don't really have a preference - first challenge vs covering is far more important in terms of how CBs organise themselves.

I don't think it matters. People get too hung up on RCB and LCB because of FM. 90% of CBs don't really have a preference - first challenge vs covering is far more important in terms of how CBs organise themselves.

Wasn't talking about RCB or LCB, just if he's right footed or not. It has been mentioned in a couple of articles that he can play as a right full back and as a defensive midfielder. Seems strange for him to play as a right full back if he's left footed.

Either way he clearly looks comfortable with both feet.

Back