• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

I would play Rodon as the LCB in a standard 4 for the rest of the season. Let’s see if he sinks or swims.

I’d go with Toby alongside him as I think his experience will help Rodon. The first player we sign this Summer then must be a CB (not sure why why we didn’t try to get one in Jan tbh) in fact the first two players we need to sign in the summer are CBs and that’s not with Levy’s usual only buying after selling we need to go out and sign two good defenders and then worry about the sales later.

I would play Rodon as the LCB in a standard 4 for the rest of the season. Let’s see if he sinks or swims.

I’d go with Toby alongside him as I think his experience will help Rodon. The first player we sign this Summer then must be a CB (not sure why why we didn’t try to get one in Jan tbh) in fact the first two players we need to sign in the summer are CBs and that’s not with Levy’s usual only buying after selling we need to go out and sign two good defenders and then worry about the sales later.
I’d like to see Rodon play with Tanganga
Two guys who seems to thrive defending first and foremost

As a fan if both so far but out of interest what makes you think that?
I don't think he is phyiscally imposing enough to play at centre back and I don't think he is good enough on the ball at play at full back. I also haven't been impressed at his positional sense (although that could be down to him playing both centre back and full back).

I would love to be proved wrong here by the way. I've got nothing against Tanganga at all. I just don't think we can pin many hopes on him becoming a starting player for us. IMO the best thing for him would be a full season loan next season at Championship or perhaps bottom third PL level.

One centre back that I watched a couple of times recently and have been impressed with is Tosin Adarabioyo at Fulham. If they drop (or even if they don't) then I think he would be a really sensible signing for us. I think he is on his way to becoming proper top class.

I don't think he is phyiscally imposing enough to play at centre back and I don't think he is good enough on the ball at play at full back. I also haven't been impressed at his positional sense (although that could be down to him playing both centre back and full back).

I would love to be proved wrong here by the way. I've got nothing against Tanganga at all. I just don't think we can pin many hopes on him becoming a starting player for us. IMO the best thing for him would be a full season loan next season at Championship or perhaps bottom third PL level.

One centre back that I watched a couple of times recently and have been impressed with is Tosin Adarabioyo at Fulham. If they drop (or even if they don't) then I think he would be a really sensible signing for us. I think he is on his way to becoming proper top class.
Ex city lad isnt he
I’ve seen him play for England youth once or twice

Ex city lad isnt he
I’ve seen him play for England youth once or twice
Yes. I was really surprised that City allowed him to go. I suspect they think they will be able to just buy him back in a few years time. IMO we need to get in before that. He will be an England centre half I think. Seems to have an old head on young shoulders as well as having all the natural physical attributes.

Yes. I was really surprised that City allowed him to go. I suspect they think they will be able to just buy him back in a few years time. IMO we need to get in before that. He will be an England centre half I think. Seems to have an old head on young shoulders as well as having all the natural physical attributes.
I only remember two things in that game
He was really tall
And no one could province his name consistently

Love to know where the fudge he was wandering too for their second goal. The tv shot behind the City goal for some reason he starting to wander towards Davies, where the city keeper pumped it straight down the middle leaving sanchez totally alone.

Sunday morning defending....feck sake.

Love to know where the fudge he was wandering too for their second goal. The tv shot behind the City goal for some reason he starting to wander towards Davies, where the city keeper pumped it straight down the middle leaving sanchez totally alone.

Sunday morning defending....feck sake.
Yup, I can understand Tanganga not sprinting back as he might’ve had half an eye on Sterling over his shoulder but why Dier was standing 6 yards ahead of his CB partner instead of covering him I don’t know :confused:

34D2FF73-FE19-4E39-BA65-C3E1C5194B86.jpeg CDD93F75-6169-4C54-9E5E-C50561C1C68C.jpeg

Got to say I had not heard of him but it is the sort of signing I like, having being schooled a top academy and the right age. Along with Brooks it would be good business.

Thought Dier was pretty poor for City’s second goal - poorly positioned, needlessly leaving a massive gap between him and Sanchez / Tanganga.

As well as the errors, I just don’t think he has a natural sense of good positioning.

upload_2021-2-14_21-32-51.png

Back