• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

When I asked before I think you only mentioned two specific Toby mistakes - his OG vs Leicester, and his part in the goal vs Wycombe. I don't think the first was really his fault. Help out my memory people - what are the other mistakes he's made this season? I seem to notice far more from every other defender than him (and Reguilon). I agree he's no longer at his best, but I think he's very clearly still a bacon sandwich - and good enough for a top 4 team for now.
His mistakes are basic like being out jumped or out paced. Things he cannot do anymore. It may mean another player covers or the player gets passed him
What was the game Ben Davies pinged an awful 30 yard lad to him when he was last man and they got it... Everton I think when Richarlson broke through
He just isn’t good enough anymore
I mean if we’re singling out players for not making mistakes it’s actually quite a big list because we have a lot who just don’t do much

Don't think he was appalling tonight, did a lot of good blocks. Terrible decision giving away the pelanty mind.
Thing with him at CB is 90% of the time he'll be fine, the other 10% however always seems to cost us a goal.
I'd stick him back in midfield alongside Hojbjerg.

My thoughts as well, he is a bit of a spacegoat for some fans and yes he was at fault for the pen but he also got in some good blocks and headers. However i have always thought his best position is CM and that would allow Hojbjerg to carry the ball forward more ( which he is good at)

My thoughts as well, he is a bit of a spacegoat for I think that I am a better football fan than the rest of you and yes he was at fault for the pen but he also got in some good blocks and headers. However i have always thought his best position is CM and that would allow Hojbjerg to carry the ball forward more ( which he is good at)
Let's not try and shoehorn him into the side. Dier run as a DCM has gone, too immobile and his passing isn't good enough last season should have been enough for you to see that.

It's CB or nothing for him, he withers makes the grade as a CB or he no longer starts for us.

Let's not try and shoehorn him into the side. Dier run as a DCM has gone, too immobile and his passing isn't good enough last season should have been enough for you to see that.

It's CB or nothing for him, he withers makes the grade as a CB or he no longer starts for us.

I disagree, his passing is as good as any of our other CM players ( apart from Winks who seems to be another hate figuire to a lot of fans one here). Moving him back into CM alongside Hojiberg will mean we can get rid of Sissoko in there. Which will make you happy at least ;)

I disagree, his passing is as good as any of our other CM players ( apart from Winks who seems to be another hate figuire to a lot of fans one here). Moving him back into CM alongside Hojiberg will mean we can get rid of Sissoko in there. Which will make you happy at least ;)
His passing is not as good as Ndombele or GLC. I do take the benefit of getting Sissoko out of the team though. [emoji28]

Last season his performances in CM were not pretty. I don't think he can play there anyway. His mobility just doesn't seem suited and we will disagree on his short passing game. [emoji28]

His passing is not as good as Ndombele or GLC. I do take the benefit of getting Sissoko out of the team though. [emoji28]

Last season his performances in CM were not pretty. I don't think he can play there anyway. His mobility just doesn't seem suited and we will disagree on his short passing game. [emoji28]

GLC looks like he could be another Lamela ( sadly), i am hoping he is not though but i do think Hojberg is a better all round player then just sitting and i think with Dier behind him he can show that. We shall see.

Dier right now has to be out of any firing line
His decision making is so poor. Everyone is focussing on the penalty but that to me was won rather than conceded by the sue of werners leg
But his decision with the ball down the line that he let bounce over him and then lobbed back to Hugo was another example of a player not learning his lesson

My thoughts as well, he is a bit of a spacegoat for I think that I am a better football fan than the rest of you and yes he was at fault for the pen but he also got in some good blocks and headers. However i have always thought his best position is CM and that would allow Hojbjerg to carry the ball forward more ( which he is good at)

Do you really believe he deserves a place a team on current form though mate? All due respect Jose tried him at DM last season, the fact that he’s not playing there anymore suggests Jose doesn’t fancy him at DM. He’s been tried at multiple positions now and it feels like it’s CB or nothing and he’s too error prone at CB for a top side. Same goes for DM as well, too many misplaced passes. Not all of them result in a goal but it puts us under pressure. The issue is he can play well for 80 mins but more often than not, most games he makes a mistake that leads to a goal or a corner conceded or set piece that pins us back. Everyone makes mistakes but he’s made them far too often for me this season.

I doubt I'd pick any of the current squad to play. They all look so nervous and stressed. Dier's rooster up is just one example but it could have been any of them.
Fans love a spacegoat.

Dier only ever looked good next to Dembele or a fit and firing Wanayama - I wonder why that is. As soon as he didn’t have either of those partnering him at CM his errors were far more exposed, and since moved back to CB his apparent preferred position he hasn’t looked much better. He gives his all and isn’t bad, plus homegrown so worthwhile squad member but just another example of a player who’s been here years who we should have improved on by now and not still getting regular starts....

Dier only ever looked good next to Dembele or a fit and firing Wanayama - I wonder why that is. As soon as he didn’t have either of those partnering him at CM his errors were far more exposed, and since moved back to CB his apparent preferred position he hasn’t looked much better. He gives his all and isn’t bad, plus homegrown so worthwhile squad member but just another example of a player who’s been here years who we should have improved on by now and not still getting regular starts....
He's not even classed as homegrown. He's a non association trained player so we don't benefit in that way.

Yup, very frustrating how we’ve managed to assemble a squad full of British (& ROI) players who aren’t homegrown :confused:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...europa-league-squad-breakthrough-b918538.html
Spurs’s situation is complicated because Rodon and fellow Wales international Ben Davies do not count as homegrown because they were trained at Swansea, which was until recently part of the Welsh federation.

Nor does England’s Eric Dier, who came through Sporting Lisbon's academy in Portugal, or Irishman Matt Doherty, who is considered homegrown under Premier League rules.

Do you really believe he deserves a place a team on current form though mate? All due respect Jose tried him at DM last season, the fact that he’s not playing there anymore suggests Jose doesn’t fancy him at DM. He’s been tried at multiple positions now and it feels like it’s CB or nothing and he’s too error prone at CB for a top side. Same goes for DM as well, too many misplaced passes. Not all of them result in a goal but it puts us under pressure. The issue is he can play well for 80 mins but more often than not, most games he makes a mistake that leads to a goal or a corner conceded or set piece that pins us back. Everyone makes mistakes but he’s made them far too often for me this season.

Yes i do, not at CB because as you say we are carrying too many passengers in that dept as it is with( Toby, Sanchez), i actually do not think he was as poor as some fans make out in CM though. We now have Hojberg in there and i would play Dier behind him and allow Hojberg to play further forward with Tanguy.

the penalty but that to me was won rather than conceded by the sue of werners leg

Dier was out of position, charging back into the box and lunged with his foot raised to try and get the ball, he missed it and then was sliding around on his ass doing a Homer-Simpson-horizontal-running-man impression.
The decision to lunge in was awful, the decision to swing his legs around and around whilst Werner danced around them with Toby and Sissoko standing waiting for him to stop doing it so they could clear the ball was very, very, very, very stupid, I couldn't believe what I was watching as events slowly unfolded.
It was the sort of defending Son did a few years ago at wing back against Cheatski when he slid into the box and scythed down a forward. Naive and stupid.

Sorry but in the evidence of the last two weeks both players are awful
Their ain’t much in it.
Toby can’t jump and is defending really static and flat
Dier let’s the ball beat him and is making costly poor decisions Every game
Both IMO need to go
People remember good Toby playing he with jan. he is a long way from that
Toby is past it now but he is still considerably better than Eric Dierbolical. He was a liability in midfield last season and is now an even bigger liability in defence this season.

Christ.... he is even worse as a central midfielder, terrible touch, a poor passer of the ball and one of the slowest players on the turn I have ever seen.

I’d actually put Tanganga above Rodon personally - I don’t know if people are forgetting about his performances because he hasn’t played for a while? Or am I remembering them as being better than they were? From what I remember Rodon has already made more mistakes than Tanganga in their respective gametime.
I think Rodon has a far higher chance of making it than Tanganga does.

I still remember towards the beginning of the season when several posters were putting Dier in a small and elite group of our title-winning caliber players, alongside the likes of Kane and Son. Found it bizarre and unfounded then, and so it has proven.
Those people need to be branded somewhere visible so the world knows of their stupidity.

Back