• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

He's awfully mediocre, that's it. In the pantheon of Spurs defenders in the Premier League era, He'd probably rank below Daws, and *far* below our best like Ledley, Toby and Jan.

He's just not good at anything, and not woeful at anything. Has no brain, has some heart...makes up for his lack of nous and skill with semi-decent anticipation and lots of pointing.

Titus Bramble MkII.

I dread to think the sort of wages he is on in his new contract. To think man u wanted him for 50m.

I've defended him a lot in the past, but he's been appalling recently
Don't think he was appalling tonight, did a lot of good blocks. Terrible decision giving away the penalty mind.
Thing with him at CB is 90% of the time he'll be fine, the other 10% however always seems to cost us a goal.
I'd stick him back in midfield alongside Hojbjerg.

The penalty aside, what the actual fudge was that GHod awful attempt at a pass back that Lloris ended up heading? I suppose that was the refs fault as well. He’s never gonna be anything more than a 6/10 player lads. I wouldn’t sell him but he’s not good enough to start at CB, RB or DM.

He had a terrible game tonight, knowing his character though he will come out and say how bad he was and knows he must be better
He is a great person

Don't think he was appalling tonight, did a lot of good blocks. Terrible decision giving away the pelanty mind.
Thing with him at CB is 90% of the time he'll be fine, the other 10% however always seems to cost us a goal.
I'd stick him back in midfield alongside Hojbjerg.
He's basically Sanchez. Sanchez looks less comfortable on the ball but they both solid until they do something stupid but liable to give a brick pass directly to the opposition.

Apart from that one absolute brain fart of a pelanty, Dier did alright.

The problem is, I'm thinking that too often. I like the guy, and I don't think he's anywhere near as bad as people make out, but if you're going to play CB you've got to cut out those mistakes. Especially when playing this demented low-percentage Mourinhoball.

Rodon's not the messiah just yet, as his performance against Liverpool showed, but I think we may as well stick him alongside Toby (who I thought did well tonight) and see how they bed in together.
No good doing 99% right and the 1% costing you
I’ve backed Dier more than most
Hell I’ve backed Jose more than most
Tonight... their done to me
The players don’t want him here
And the same mistakes get repeated, supplemented with lazy effort
There has to be a change
There won’t be though which is so concerning

Dierbolical costs us another point. I think he is probably only second to Mourinho in costing this team points.

I haven’t looked through the thread yet but I suspect there are a few on here still saying how good he is. Lord knows how anyone can rate him?

Last edited:
He's awfully mediocre, that's it. In the pantheon of Spurs defenders in the Premier League era, He'd probably rank below Daws, and *far* below our best like Ledley, Toby and Jan.

He's just not good at anything, and not woeful at anything. Has no brain, has some heart...makes up for his lack of nous and skill with semi-decent anticipation and lots of pointing.

Titus Bramble MkII.
He is a thousand miles behind Daws mate.

He's not Bramble awful but he doesn't give you confidence at the back, the problem for me is that he's always just out of position - so many goals or chances you see him in the replays standing in no mans land and it can't just be co-incidence.

He's never going to be good enough at CB for a top 4 side let along one who wants to chase titles.
I actually think he is Bramble awful.

The pelanty aside, what the actual fudge was that GHod awful attempt at a pass back that Lloris ended up heading? I suppose that was the refs fault as well. He’s never gonna be anything more than a 6/10 player lads. I wouldn’t sell him but he’s not good enough to start at CB, RB or DM.
I’d take 6 out of 10!

No good doing 99% right and the 1% costing you
I’ve backed Dier more than most
Hell I’ve backed Jose more than most
Tonight... their done to me
The players don’t want him here
And the same mistakes get repeated, supplemented with lazy effort
There has to be a change
There won’t be though which is so concerning
Welcome to the club mate.... the beers are on you as the new joiner... don’t worry Baleforce will be joining in a couple of weeks and then the beers will be on him until Scaramanga joins... though Scaramanga will never admit he is wrong so that’s Baleforce buying the beers forever!

As others have said, not making mistakes is by far the most important attribute for a centre half.

So frustrating, as stuff like belting it away against Liverpool & not hacking down the other teams striker while on the floor should be easier than some of the stuff he does do.

Welcome to the club mate.... the beers are on you as the new joiner... don’t worry Baleforce will be joining in a couple of weeks and then the beers will be on him until Scaramanga joins... though Scaramanga will never admit he is wrong so that’s Baleforce buying the beers forever!

He was still arguing it wasn't a penalty last time i checked

The really puzzling thing about Dier is how many people on here were saying he is our best CB at the club after only a handful of games last season. We actually did ok and barely conceded a goal whilst he served his suspension for going into the stands. I think a lot of people were desperate for him to prove himself as the best CB at Spurs and doubled down on that opinion only until very recently now I think the penny has dropped that he’s mediocre. Toby doesn’t have the legs anymore but he’s still 1000% a better defender than Dier, it’s just his body is letting him down. Father Time is undefeated unfortunately.

The really puzzling thing about Dier is how many people on here were saying he is a bacon sandwich at the club after only a handful of games last season. We actually did ok and barely conceded a goal whilst he served his suspension for going into the stands. I think a lot of people were desperate for him to prove himself as the best CB at Spurs and doubled down on that opinion only until very recently now I think the penny has dropped that he’s mediocre. Toby doesn’t have the legs anymore but he’s still 1000% a better defender than Dier, it’s just his body is letting him down. Father Time is undefeated unfortunately.
Sorry but in the evidence of the last two weeks both players are awful
Their ain’t much in it.
Toby can’t jump and is defending really static and flat
Dier let’s the ball beat him and is making costly poor decisions Every game
Both IMO need to go
People remember good Toby playing he with jan. he is a long way from that

Back