• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Time to take a step back

Grays_1890

Colin Calderwood
So without wishing to sound self indulgent I wanted to post a farewell message on here as this forum has been a huge part of time filler for the past GHod knows how many years.

Even though I have recently had more time on my hand I found myself actually spending less time feeling compelled to post on the forum. Reflected abit on it and I know a large part of that is myself becoming more confrontational probably from the stress of the last year and for anyone I may have upset sincere apologies. I do also feel though that whats contributed is that I have felt for a time that the forum has become more confrontational in the last year which is understandable but thats has morphed into what I would consider a trend where people are becoming too personal and far to quick to place labels on people which are often unfair. I know for a fact that a high profile poster left in the last month because of what he or she felt was the same after an evening of being attacked on here. Ultimately though its more a case of saving myself from my myself and others from myself also haha.

But that aside I have shared some great debates with people on here and there are some genuinely smashing people and have some great memories.

Wishing you all heartfelt best wishes in these terrible times and all thats left to say is COYS.

Last edited:
Sorry to see you go. I’m always sorry to see regular posters go irrespective of their views. as it feels like a cast member of the soap opera is leaving and everyone adds something to the mix!

I tend to avoid the confrontational stuff which I think takes place more in random where some of the subjects are going to be divisive regardless of a shared footy team and Custard fetish.

I saw you have a new job so good luck with that it must be a relief with times as they are, hopefully see you back on here when we win a trophy??

It’s why I try to avoid the random area as this seems to be the one that by its very nature highlights the delta between everyone’s views
I tend to look at, and post in the films, music bits etc... and occasionally when I’ve stolen tweets that I think are funny
Stay safe, kept the faith and come back one day @Grays_1890

So without wishing to sound self indulgent I wanted to post a farewell message on here as this forum has been a huge part of time filler for the past GHod knows how many years.

Even though I have recently had more time on my hand I found myself actually spending less time feeling compelled to post on the forum. Reflected abit on it and I know a large part of that is myself becoming more confrontational probably from the stress of the last year and for anyone I may have upset sincere apologies. I do also feel though that whats contributed is that I have felt for a time that the forum has become more confrontational in the last year which is understandable but thats has morphed into what I would consider a trend where people are becoming too personal and far to quick to place labels on people which are often unfair. I know for a fact that another high profile poster has left in the last month because of what he or she felt was the same after an evening of being attacked on here. Ultimately its a case of saving myself from my myself and others from myself also.

But that aside I have shared some great debates with people on here and there are some genuinely smashing people on here and have some great memories.

Wishing you all heartfelt best wishes in these terrible times and all thats left to say is COYS.

Eloquently put, with the current stress levels in everyday life I think that everyone should take whatever action they believe suitable to reduce wherever possible.

Hopefully you will be back at some point in the future.

Now, how about a proper farewell flounce, you haven’t even threaten to go an support another club ffs [emoji16][emoji16]

Eloquently put, with the current stress levels in everyday life I think that everyone should take whatever action they believe suitable to reduce wherever possible.

Hopefully you will be back at some point in the future.

Now, how about a proper farewell flounce, you haven’t even threaten to go an support another club ffs [emoji16][emoji16]
Referring to oneself as a ‘high profile’ poster was a little flouncy i thought! :D;)

Even though I have recently had more time on my hand I found myself actually spending less time feeling compelled to post on the forum. Reflected abit on it and I know a large part of that is myself becoming more confrontational probably from the stress of the last year and for anyone I may have upset sincere apologies. I do also feel though that whats contributed is that I have felt for a time that the forum has become more confrontational in the last year which is understandable but thats has morphed into what I would consider a trend where people are becoming too personal and far to quick to place labels on people which are often unfair. I know for a fact that another high profile poster has left in the last month because of what he or she felt was the same after an evening of being attacked on here. Ultimately though its more a case of saving myself from my myself and others from myself also haha.

But that aside I have shared some great debates with people on here and there are some genuinely smashing people and have some great memories.

I don't sense in your posts what you say now. I always thought you were very reasonable and respectful. Hope you reconsider and come back after a little time off from here.
Maybe that's not a bad idea, and will give you a break to come back "fresh".
I still enjoy this forum a lot, even though I have also noticed a somewhat rougher tone lately, and I'm probably as guilty as anyone, so apologies to you and anyone else I may have offended or hurt.
That said, it's been a rough year, but hopefully things will improve, and with that, the mood and spirit of everyone here.

I respect your decision, but hope to see you back here in not a too distant future!

I nearly left this place myself not that long ago for similar reasons to those you mention but was convinced to stay and I'm glad I did. If someone is stepping over the line - mute them and stay engaged with the less extreme posters. We are in unique times so an online outlet for whatever is bothering you, especially your Spurs frustrations, is a good safety valve IMO.

I hope you still post, but whatever you decide, you are Spurs as are we and you are always welcome.

(who left recently - I missed that :oops:)

Even though I am an infrequent poster here I completely understand your point. I think since Brexit that many forums have become irreparably divided politically.

Posters are pigeon holed very quickly and it is all downhill form there as you often feel compelled to defend your point which half the time you don't even believe yourself.

Hope to see you back on here soon mate, my old man always had a saying and it works for me.

"Do not let the bastards get you down" ;);)

Can definitely understand your decision.

Hope we can welcome you back at some point, if you feel it would be good for you to come back.

Back