• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Time to put the January window permanently out of its misery?

I've always thought the January window is a bad idea. It allows short-termist clubs and the financially doped to prosper at the expense of those that are well organised.

We might be one of those short-termist, financially doped clubs one day. Maybe even one day soon, if the stadium leads to us being sold. So I wouldn't want to get rid of such a useful tool for clubs like that, given the not inconsiderable likelihood of *us* becoming a club like that.

Sod the rest of the 'well organised' clubs - I don't give a damn about any of them.

I would not have a transfer window at all, allow clubs to sign players when they want. I would have a maximum squad size of 25(as we do now) and no harvesting players like Chelsea do out on loan.

Screw that i remember how it was before Transfer windows were first brought in. having to read all season about this player and that player going here or there in the rags was gonad*s to say the least.

Screw that i remember how it was before Transfer windows were first brought in. having to read all season about this player and that player going here or there in the rags was cobblers to say the least.

Well I do not read such down market muck so I will have to take your word for it;)

I was more thinking that a cap on squad sizes and a rule of at least 5 academy players in that squad, we can do that now we are leaving the EU dont you know:D would lead to a more settled squad and any additional players would only be signed every now and again.

I honestly feel if the were transfers all season, Poch would still not buy anyone till the summer, GHod I love him.

Well I do not read such down market muck so I will have to take your word for it;)

I was more thinking that a cap on squad sizes and a rule of at least 5 academy players in that squad, we can do that now we are leaving the EU dont you know:D would lead to a more settled squad and any additional players would only be signed every now and again.

I honestly feel if the were transfers all season, Poch would still not buy anyone till the summer, GHod I love him.

Its not so much reading the rags as all the speculation everywhere, this player tapped up that player tapped up. jésus can you imaging the spunking coming from Sky and the like.

times it by a million now that the internet is used as much as it is - would be a nightmare

Its not so much reading the rags as all the speculation everywhere, this player tapped up that player tapped up. jésus can you imaging the spunking coming from Sky and the like.

I only turn sky on for the matches and have the mute on when doing so, also my name is not jesus it is ben but you call me Chich, you can me what you like just dont call me late for dinner.

Just have a 2 week window in July and a 2 week window in Jan. The clubs all tap up. We know it, they know it. Just have 2 weeks to actually get the deals done. Or even 1 week. Hell, most of this stuff is thrashed out in a few hours or a day, let alone a week.

I think I would go back to how it used to be of sorts with no real window but a cut off date whereby no more transfer allowed after a given point and for me that would be February 28th.

Bin it, bring back the loan window for lower league clubs to help them out if need be.

Plus it will see the end of Jim White.

I was more thinking that a cap on squad sizes and a rule of at least 5 academy players in that squad, we can do that now we are leaving the EU dont you know:D QUOTE]

We can do that now - when we leave we can make it only British players wont even have to include those foreign kids in the quota!

Back