• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Time to outlaw the tactical foul?

Theoretically everything that happens on a PL pitch should be tactical.

Theoretically yes, if players were robots...

Football has emotion, it has players venting their frustrations, players in a losing game that's no longer winnable kicking out at the opponent that's been giving them the runaround.. It has situations of genuine attempts to retrieve possession but instead a foul is made.. It also has mindless thuggery...

Taking one for the team is tactical..

I think there should be a counting of fouls. Some players can get away with many a game without seeing any repercussions.

If the refs started giving a yellow to a player for their 3rd minor foul then it would go
little way to dealing with it.

I'd say Fernandinho.

Third foul automatic booking regardless of the foul would go some way ..

Fernandinho is on a booking every 7.6 fouls ...39 bookings out of 297 PL fouls..
https://www.premierleague.com/players/4804/Fernandinho/stats

Just as an aside.

A pal of mine was the one who went to the Essex FA in 2016 about introducing sin bins.

It has now been taken on and will be implemented across the FA next season including the Premiership

Just as an aside.

A pal of mine was the one who went to the Essex FA in 2016 about introducing sin bins.

It has now been taken on and will be implemented across the FA next season including the Premiership
Ummmmm Are you saying the Prem will have sin bins next year
Or fa cup
Or ?

The letter he got says mandatory for next season across the FA. Unless something happens between now and then it'll include the Prem.

Edit: It's at all levels of football Level 7 and under now as part of national trials. So most likely the season after next.

Last edited:
Back