• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Sherwood Thread

I read a document online that someone linked here a while back, a coaching paper written up by Ramsey and Inglethorpe regarding how to play 433 and how placing the ownership of the team on the players worked by making them work out how to pick the lock. The drills encouraged the players to think about how to beat the opposition and not how to use the system to beat the opposition. The formation was really the best suited to providing the most movement and passing options. Anyway, it was impressive reading and I'm glad Ramsey is playing a part right now, I don't know enough about Sherwood the coach to pass judgement on him so I won't say a thing.

Nope sorry, I never bookmarked it. As i said there was a lot of influence put on the players to create their own chances by taking calculated risks and solving the problems posed by the opposition. I do remember parts on how to control a pass properly so to be instantly receiving and facing towards goal and drills on creating the third man runs etc.

that's encouraging i guess. i think the squad is set up for 433 and i grew ever more surprised as the season passed that we never seemed to really go for it - maybe now with these guys we may see it given a go.

This guy has too much power over our club. Whether that is a good or a bad thing I'm not sure, but there was a lot of talk about him being one of the influences behind Redknapp's sacking and now Duncan Castle's article now detailing how he influenced Levy's decision to sack AVB.

Undoubtedly, the first decision was the right one: the second, probably not so much. But having this Grima Wormtongue-like bloke pulling the strings and whispering into Levy's ear...I'm not entirely sure I like that.

Time will tell, I suppose. But I don't like the circumstances of this temporary appointment at all.

I read a document online that someone linked here a while back, a coaching paper written up by Ramsey and Inglethorpe regarding how to play 433 and how placing the ownership of the team on the players worked by making them work out how to pick the lock. The drills encouraged the players to think about how to beat the opposition and not how to use the system to beat the opposition. The formation was really the best suited to providing the most movement and passing options. Anyway, it was impressive reading and I'm glad Ramsey is playing a part right now, I don't know enough about Sherwood the coach to pass judgement on him so I won't say a thing.

So, basically...run around a bit.

Harry knew.

Glad that he'll get a chance. It would be funny if we had the people here all along to get us playing the way we want to be playing.

I've no idea whether they send each other Christmas cards or not, but that article doesn't say Sherwood hired him.

Unless I am completely misleading it (hands up if i am, it wouldn't be the first time) but Bury is suggesting here that Freund was recommended by Sherwood

There was also a fractious relationship with Tim Sherwood, Spurs’ technical co-ordinator, and highly regarded by Levy, while it always remained unclear as to how effective an assistant manager Steffen Freund was, and who pushed for him to be hired.

Burt not Bury. I really need to proof read more when posting on my phone.

Does anyone think that Sherwood might be more likely to promote some of the kids?

Does anyone think that Sherwood might be more likely to promote some of the kids?

depends how long he's in charge, if he has ideas on getting it permanently I expect he'd just play the most effective team he can

We have had 14 managers in the time Wenger has been in place... People have said that Sherwood is a decent coach and that may be true but he has never managed a team before ( I don't include the youth team) and that side of things is so crucial.

To risk somebody with no management experience is too risky for me.. Hoddle until the end of the season with the possibility of then extending his contract is my 'best of a bad bunch' choice.

There are a number of teams in Europe who bring through youth coaches as managers and alot of them seem to work out.

Back