• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Sherwood Thread

Given your past posting isn't this a great endorsement for Sherwood?

Haven't you been proven to absolutely clueless when it comes to knowing what is best for the club. And didn't you despise Redknapp?

Shouldn't the combination of someone you don't rate and hate be the 2 main criteria we use when looking for a good manager?

Yep, iirc the majority on SN&V were thrilled with AVB's appointment but look what happened.

Such venom towards Sherwood can only mean one thing - he's going to be a brilliant manager!
\o/

At least he's likely to try something new. I don't even mind if it fails horribly, just please try something new.

**** sake - Sherwood b2b Ferdinand. Thats the dream team right there.

Know nothing about Ramsay - anyone?

I know a little inside info on this one. Highly rated at Spurs and football in general. Lot of respect for this guy from the u21 players and players that have even moved on. Ramsey, Sherwood and Ferdinand are all very close. I would expect them all to leave Spurs at the same point.

Ah here, how do you know that? Freund has been retained by the club tonight, so it doesn't seem likely to me that he and the new interim manager hate one another.

Read about it a while ago. Wormtounge was a complete prick to Freund about the Carling Cup final - briefing against him and making Graham drop him. Freund hasn't spoken to him since.

He's been retained because he has other friends/patrons, but very noticably isn't working with Tim Not Nice But Dim on Wednesday.

don't really get the hate - let him prove his worth if he's given the job and get behind him ffs

He wields A LOT of power at the club behind the scenes. He is always moving against those he doesn't like. He is Voldemort. If Hoddle is coming in short-term 'til the end of the season, Sherwood's either going to be a massive hypocrite and work with a man he has actively said he hates, he is going to be booted out by Levy OR Hoddle as a temp is a non-starter. It's fascinating.

I want Inglethorpe as boss, i have given a bit of stick to Milo over the last couple of years about sherwood but you know what i would not be to upset if we went and give him the job full time.

All these lower league clubs, Brighton and Middlesbrough and Swansea when they were down there going for young Spanish coaches, why not give a young English one. Just wished we had done it in the summer and used the Bale money for the stadium.

The one thing ill say about Sherwood, and I know nothing about his style but just hazarding a guess, he will keep it simple and I think that is what the players want and will thrive upon.

I really think we will do well and the players will go out there and have those shackles loosened and thrive on that. It wont be because of Sherwood though but simply because the shackles will have come off and the players will be free'er

The one thing ill say about Sherwood, and I know nothing about his style but just hazarding a guess, he will keep it simple and I think that is what the players want and will thrive upon.

I really think we will do well and the players will go out there and have those shackles loosened and thrive on that. It wont be because of Sherwood though but simply because the shackles will have come off and the players will be free'er

We have such a talented bunch of players now, the best in our history i do wonder what some of our former coaches would have done with this standard of players would do.

Venables would have had us in the top 3 easy in my view.

I want Inglethorpe as boss, i have given a bit of stick to Milo over the last couple of years about sherwood but you know what i would not be to upset if we went and give him the job full time.

All these lower league clubs, Brighton and Middlesbrough and Swansea when they were down there going for young Spanish coaches, why not give a young English one. Just wished we had done it in the summer and used the Bale money for the stadium.

I saw a lot of Exeter City under him, bit of a miracle worker really, I'm not sure he wants to be a manager though.

Read about it a while ago. Wormtounge was a complete prick to Freund about the Carling Cup final - briefing against him and making Graham drop him. Freund hasn't spoken to him since.

He's been retained because he has other friends/patrons, but very noticably isn't working with Tim Not Nice But Dim on Wednesday.

I think that you need to back those claims up or make it clear that it is hearsay and rumour

Do you think we should have stuck with AVB? i know you were a big fan of his would love to know where you thought it all went wrong.

Yep. I think he'd've ridden the crisis and gone on to be our most successful manager since Nicholson.

But now we've condemned ourselves to another 5-10 years of transition, farce and mediocracy.

AVB will be at Milan soon anyway, so we can watch him flourish there instead.

Ade and Defoe up front, Lennon and Townsend on the wings. 4 facking 4 facking 2

im pretty sure we cant be any less impotent than under AVB and his 423completleyisolated1striker system

Yep. I think he'd've ridden the crisis and gone on to be our most successful manager since Nicholson.

But now we've condemned ourselves to another 5-10 years of transition, farce and mediocracy.

I rarely agree with anything you say but i love that you have the courage of your convictions and despite you coming in for stick on here sometimes i hope you are always here because i enjoy your posts.

I think that you need to back those claims up or make it clear that it is hearsay and rumour

1999 was a bit before the internet really took off, so hard to without spending a day on the microfilm reader at the national archives.

until AVB loses the chip on his shoulder, learns a little humility, and realises that he has much to achieve before he gets the claim and respect he so much craves, his career is going nowhere

oh, and he seriously has to revise his ideas on football.....they stink

I don't get to see the youth team, could one of you chaps kindly tell me what Sherwood's preferred formation is?

Back