• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

I dunno, it's a model that's working wonders for Saudi Sportswashing Machine, still cream top dollar off the fans and sponsors without the need to actually try and invest to improve

Im so depressed with Spurs at the moment. The fire has gone out of my belly. Even when Siggy scored the last minute winner last week, I just watched the tv screen barely feeling anything, whereas before I would be sliding across the carpet on my knees yelping in celebration.

I dont want to feel like this anymore. I want my Spurs back. And that starts with the removal of the arrogant idiot Sherwood. He has to go by the weekend. I fear for us if this black hole of negativity drags on till the end of the season. We are a lead balloon at the moment and it needs to change quickly.

I know what you mean. I fell asleep when we had got it back to 2-2, woke up and looked at the Guardian's football page to see we had won. I barely managed a 'ha...cool' before going on to do something I was far more interested in.

I know what you mean. I fell asleep when we had got it back to 2-2, woke up and looked at the Guardian's football page to see we had won. I barely managed a 'ha...cool' before going on to do something I was far more interested in.

But the thing that gets me mate is that the pro AVB posters will put that blame solely on the shoulders of Tim rather than be honest and say both managers we have had this season have not been up to the job. That is the sad truth.

But the thing that gets me mate is that the pro AVB posters will put that blame solely on the shoulders of Tim rather than be honest and say both managers we have had this season have not been up to the job. That is the sad truth.

I don't think it's all down to either manager. In reality neither has had anywhere near enough time or backing to get the success they would want because it doesn't happen instantly. Yet for some reason Levy thinks it will. The lack of a coherent strategy is the reason.

Levy acts like this when he fires, for example, the Head of Partnerships on the business side because she wasn't bringing in the deals. That's fine, fair enough. There's probably, maybe, someone out there that could do a better job closing leads and if there isn't, no point keeping someone in the job who isn't up to it anyway. But he seems to take this philosophy into the football side too, when near enough every example of a successful club shows a manager that has been backed and given a bit of time. The other successful ones had lottery wins. Very rarely does a club just employ a manager and see instant success, certainly not in this climate where we've got 4 teams ahead of us that can easily outspend us, and another two that are now far better coached and technically accomplished because they back their managers.

Neither AVB or Sherwood had a chance of being successful in the environment created for them this season.

by parting company with AVB when we did we have ****ed over both him and Sherwood. AVB wasn't given enough time to mold a squad that went under such transformation in the summer window and Sherwood was given an impossible task half way through - to take over a squad of players that were already finding it hard to gel and then on top of that asking them to start all over again with a new guy in charge.

basically both need a season to show what they can do with this squad of players - neither of which will have been given that.

and the Pro TS supporters will defend him by showing AVB stats

AVB wasn't good enough, hence he got fired (mutually left, whatever the ****)
TS is also not good enough, hence people believe similarly he should go.

I think most people are just wishing the season would end, with the full expectation TS won't start the next season.

My view is his actions/interviews and the general "don't give a ****" he's managed to instill in the players is actually doing more harm than having no manager for the last 6 games, we should get rid of now, make some statement re his successor, and have Hoddle/Freund have the last 6 games ...

by parting company with AVB when we did we have ****ed over both him and Sherwood. AVB wasn't given enough time to mold a squad that went under such transformation in the summer window and Sherwood was given an impossible task half way through - to take over a squad of players that were already finding it hard to gel and then on top of that asking them to start all over again with a new guy in charge.

basically both need a season to show what they can do with this squad of players - neither of which will have been given that.

Billy if the accounts of people like Steff are true and the evidence of his final weeks here as seen in his press conferences AVB was imploding. Levy had to let him go. Not sure why Sherwood was appointed but I can surmise that this may have been because other targets were unavailable at that time of the season. I am still a big Levy fan. I still rate him highly as a chairman he's just very poor at appointing the right man.

Funny, Redknapp managed it taking over a far more dysfunctional situation (with poorer players) from Ramos, BMJ did it to a lesser extent from Santini.

TS got a side within distance of top 4, that was getting results against everyone bar top 4, with a lot of promising players, he has not improved the team or results, nor has he shown any plan/strategy/style or even type of player he wants to have.

Does anyone believe the bull that a certain poster keeps saying about "AVB broke Verts by playing him as a left-back and he hasn't recovered"?

Is this feasible?

Surely an experienced CB who played left-back and played poorly would jump at the chance of playing back in his position and not still be "broken"??
Also, doesn't Verts play LB for Belgium in most internationals? Why did this not "break" him years ago??

Or is the "broken because he plated some games at LB" just bull?

I genuinely thought I was the only one.

When Siggy scored I didn't even flinch, after the game I tried to avoid that cretin's attempts to take all the credit and lap it all up. Really have lost that fire and I think that despite all the excitement last season it's been gone since 2012. The Benfica at home was the last straw, I knew from then on he was full of sh!t and a charlatan. We could sign Diego Costa and I wouldn't give a flying one.

I want my Tottenham back :(

Does anyone believe the bull that a certain poster keeps saying about "AVB broke Verts by playing him as a left-back and he hasn't recovered"?

Is this feasible?

Surely an experienced CB who played left-back and played poorly would jump at the chance of playing back in his position and not still be "broken"??
Also, doesn't Verts play LB for Belgium in most internationals? Why did this not "break" him years ago??

Or is the "broken because he plated some games at LB" just bull?

No I don't, I think Vert's is a very good CB who was initially willing to cover to help out, but got ****ed when it became obvious he was going to be doing it for a while.

I also think he obviously doesn't buy in to whatever TS vision/strategy is and is going through the motions until the window.

Funny, Redknapp managed it taking over a far more dysfunctional situation (with poorer players) from Ramos, BMJ did it to a lesser extent from Santini.

TS got a side within distance of top 4, that was getting results against everyone bar top 4, with a lot of promising players, he has not improved the team or results, nor has he shown any plan/strategy/style or even type of player he wants to have.

maybe impossible was the wrong word to use - there are probably plenty of people who could have done better.

i just don't think 6 months is enough time to give a manager, be that the end of a season or the beginning, to show whether he is up to the task - Im not advocating Sherwood be given more time, far from it, i don't think he should have been given the job in the first place due to his lack of experience but i don't think this stint in charge is a fair set of circumstances to judge him on. he shouldn't get the job beyond this season because there is an endless number of managers out there who have the required experience NOT because he has failed in making this team his own in such a short amount of time.

Is this feasible?

no i don't agree with that train of thought at all - i think it's a simple case of putting 2 and 2 together to come up with 5.

2 and 2 being Vertonghens quotes saying he doesn't particularly like playing LB and that he has been out of sorts this year.

maybe impossible was the wrong word to use - there are probably plenty of people who could have done better.

i don't think 6 months is enough time to give a manager, be that the end of a season or the beginning, to show whether he is up to the task - Im not advocating Sherwood be given more time, far from it, i don't think he should have been given the job in the first place due to his lack of experience but i don't think this stint in charge is a fair set of circumstances to judge him on. he shouldn't get the job beyond this season because there is an endless number of managers out there who have the required experience NOT because he has failed in making this team his own in such a short amount of time.

In normal circumstances, I agree, but lets be honest

TS must have know he wasn't getting 12/18 months to make an impression, he obviously put himself forward for consideration, his lack of experience was always a major concern. He was going to have to do something special in the short space of time to keep the role, i.e. either a good cup run, challenge for 4th or even if the results didn't happen, play entertaining football that showed some promise of what was to come.

TS will probably end up being fired with a 50+ win% and a very good away record bar the top 4, but it won't be enough for the club to risk the next season on.

and the Pro TS supporters will defend him by showing AVB stats

AVB wasn't good enough, hence he got fired (mutually left, whatever the ****)
TS is also not good enough, hence people believe similarly he should go.

I think most people are just wishing the season would end, with the full expectation TS won't start the next season.

My view is his actions/interviews and the general "don't give a ****" he's managed to instill in the players is actually doing more harm than having no manager for the last 6 games, we should get rid of now, make some statement re his successor, and have Hoddle/Freund have the last 6 games ...

Agree with the final para.

I'm another who has gone through this season without the same level of emotion as normal. Initially it was because AVB made us so boring to watch and then because of this current clown. Didn't watch the benfica away game and turned off at HT on sun

Tbf to Tim he has done pretty well against the sides outside the top 4, Norwich aside. It's his record against the top 4 that has let him down and shown up his lack of experience. He can't keep his job after the end of the season because IMO this is not a league where you can do your learning on the job and hope to challenge the top 4. However he should IMO keep his job until the end of the season because there is no point paying out more compensation and he will do ok in the last few games IMO. As for Verts he has been whingeing like a spoilt child since the start of the season. Was it AVB's fault is it sherwood's no. It's just the sign of times when players are too big for their clubs.

Last edited:

Tbf to Tim he has done pretty well against the sides outside the top 4, Norwich aside. It's his record against the top 4 that has let him down and shown up his lack of experience. He can't keep his job after the end of the season because IMO this is not a league where you can do your learning on the job and hope to challenge the top 4. However he should IMO keep his job until the end of the season because there is no point paying out more compensation and he will do ok in the last few games IMO. As for Verts he has been whingeing like a spoilt child since the start of the season. Was it AVB's fault is it sherwood's no. It's just the sign of times when players are too big for their clubs.

Re compensation, Deadwood has an 18 month contract

All of this is very true.

Despite Sunday’s 4-0 defeat at Liverpool, Levy still wants Sherwood to succeed as manager.The 40-year-old former academy coach is planning for next season and has detailed a number of transfer targets to turn round the club’s fortunes.

Levy is understood to have distanced himself from the possibility of bringing in Dutchmen Louis van Gaal or Frank de Boer, who have irritated the Spurs chairman by talking in public about the approach he made before Sherwood was offered the job.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Real-Madrid-boss-Ancelotti-Sherwood-axed.html

](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)

:ross: Ancelotti wouldn't last 5 minutes here.

Although perhaps he is a sufficiently big enough name that it would be too much of an embarassment to Levy should he sack him at the first sign of poor form like usual.

Back