• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Sherwood Thread

Given your past posting isn't this a great endorsement for Sherwood?

Haven't you been proven to absolutely clueless when it comes to knowing what is best for the club. And didn't you despise Redknapp?

Shouldn't the combination of someone you don't rate and hate be the 2 main criteria we use when looking for a good manager?

yes
yes
yes
=D>

I was under the impression that Ramsey is very highly thought of within the club, been a major part of our youth setup that has produced some fine players in recent years and one of the reasons why we had no reason to panic when Liverpool poached Inglethorpe.

Just my impression though.

I was under the impression that Ramsey is very highly thought of within the club, been a major part of our youth setup that has produced some fine players in recent years and one of the reasons why we had no reason to panic when Liverpool poached Inglethorpe.

Just my impression though.

That's my understanding too. He was also AVB's assessor when he did his badges.

Can someone explain why all the hate for Sherwood to be interim please?

Can someone explain why all the hate for Sherwood to be interim please?

If you're talking about Sherwood for a week or two whilst we find a permanent manager, I have no issue with it.

If you're talking about interim the way I understand interim, him being given the job until the end of the season I have issues with it. He's completely unproven, not just at this level, but as a manager at all. We still have a lot left to play for this season, giving the job to someone so unproven seems like a massive and unnecessary gamble when there are potential candidates around that I think would be available.

This is very short term, someone had to be named. That said, why wasn't Freund? Has he been given his P45 too?

This is very short term, someone had to be named. That said, why wasn't Freund? Has he been given his P45 too?

No, Freund is being kept on. The next manager might have different ideas, mind

The (extreme) anti-Sherwood sentiment is becoming a bit of an echo chamber. And I am pretty non-plussed about where that vitriol about him comes from in the first place.

Regarding his time as a Spurs player, I don't recognise the non-trying money-grabber people describe. His biggest problem by the time he signed for us, at 30, was that he wasn't very good any more (he'd been really excellent in his prime). But he tore around kicking people and doing what he did as best he could. I didn't see a lack of integrity. His other big sin of course was his association with the disgraced Junta of El Hombre en el Raincoato, which probably tarnishes opinion of him.

More recently, there have been whisperings about his influence behind the scenes during AVB's time. Well, ok, but AVB's just been sacked because - we can say it now - he sucked massive dangling blue monkey balls. Maybe Sherwood had legitimate concerns and gripes. Maybe he is a bit of a cvnt in the Roy Keane mode and voiced displeasure at the unfolding disaster, but so what?

It's not Sherwood's fault we had one of the the most tactically inept front 6 in Spurs' history. Or that AVB had one single idea and repeated it over and over. And if Levy asked him: "Tim, what's AVB's plan B when that hideous 4-2-3-1 yoke is failing?" is Sherwood supposed to say: "Oh, you know boss, it'll be grand"? Bollox to that. As the club's No. 3 (? I think) football man, that would be spineless.

I also put store in the fact Redknapp rated him enough to bring him in. Say what you like about Harry - and I think he was unlucky here and got dealt a rotten hand in the end - but he's a great football man in many, many ways. His opinion on Sherwood doesn't count for nothing. And Levy of course came to rate him too and it looks like Baldini also.

Anyway, whatever, he's not going to be the long-term appointment. Or, if he is, it will only be off the back of a top 4 finish. I dunno, I think he could be as good an option as any if we don't have a replacement lined up. It would not surprise me if he has an extremely modern approach to tactics, training, fitness, recruitment etc.

Pretty much my views on him. I hated him as a player for us but that is mainly because it was a bloody painful time to be a Spurs fan. I find it impossible to judge him in his current role at the club because I do not know enough about what it entails or see enough results to form an informed opinion.

I agree with braineclipse's point about having concerns if he is in charge until the end of the season. There is still a lot to play for this season and I would be concerned with anyone without any managerial experience taking over.

Who picks the team? A committee. :)

Who gives the team talks?

Who does the scouting?

I hope Levy knows what he is doing. Should be interesting anyway. Never a dull moment at Spurs.

Don't know a great deal about their coaching abilities but the whole set up does seem a bit amateurish and actually, very un-Levy like. It's the sort of brain wave I'd expect the rubber dong peddlers over at West Ham to come up with. But who knows, we appear to have tried everything else.

Sherwood and Freund hate each other. Lots of agro still from playing days. Don't think they could sit on the same bench together.

Sherwood and Freund hate each other. Lots of agro still from playing days. Don't think they could sit on the same bench together.

Ah here, how do you know that? Freund has been retained by the club tonight, so it doesn't seem likely to me that he and the new interim manager hate one another.

Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial 23s
We can announce that Tim Sherwood, Chris Ramsey and Les Ferdinand will take charge of the First Team whilst the Club progresses discussions.

My ****ing word.

Just trying to find sense in this.

Surely these are the same trio that take care of your u21 games. They are used to working together then. Doesnt that make more sense than sticking Freund back amongst them. Maybe Freund needs a break and a complete cut from AVBs regime would probably be useful right now.

Ah here, how do you know that? Freund has been retained by the club tonight, so it doesn't seem likely to me that he and the new interim manager hate one another.

Gutter Boy likes Freund. Gutter Boy hates Sherwood. Therefore in his mind they dont get on.
Or else Gutter Boy is Freund.
Or maybe he's another board ITK.

Also Freund was not brought in by AVB. As we did not have a DoF at the time and Sherwood was consulted by Levy on transfer activity, how likely is it that we would bring in someone who hated and was hated by him?

Never a big fan of Sherwood as a player but he's taking over as caretaker for a game or two for **** sake! Some people need to relax - the club twitter feed said about 'discussions progressing' or something like that so we know they're speaking to someone and there's actually probably a reasonable chance that we'll have a new man in place this week

Back