• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Sherwood Thread

don't really get the hate - let him prove his worth if he's given the job and get behind him ffs

I get what you're saying, I really do.

It just seems like a very strange decision if he's given the rest of the season and I don't think there's anything wrong with voicing some frustration about that.

Given your past posting isn't this a great endorsement for Sherwood?

Haven't you been proven to absolutely clueless when it comes to knowing what is best for the club. And didn't you despise Redknapp?

Shouldn't the combination of someone you don't rate and hate be the 2 main criteria we use when looking for a good manager?

=D>

It just seems like a very strange decision if he's given the rest of the season and I don't think there's anything wrong with voicing some frustration about that.
Exactly. What's the point? If we're giving him, a guy in his first senior management job, the season, why not give Andre the season? One has the best win % of any Spurs manager since the year whatever, and the other is Tim Sherwood. What a waste of time/money.

Official Site said:
We shall make a further announcement in due course.

All we know, or think we know, is that he'll be involved on Wednesday. It may end up that our preferred candidate isn't available until the summer, but it's all guess work at this time.

of course not - but i think some are going further than just voicing frustrations

All we know, or think we know, is that he'll be involved on Wednesday. It may end up that our preferred candidate isn't available until the summer, but it's all guess work at this time.

Most responses came after the Duncan Castles rumour, at least speaking for myself my reaction would be to that becoming a reality and a response to that speculation.

of course not - but i think some are going further than just voicing frustrations

I can't dance.

Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial 23s
We can announce that Tim Sherwood, Chris Ramsey and Les Ferdinand will take charge of the First Team whilst the Club progresses discussions.

My ****ing word.

[tweet]412646283032006656[/tweet]
[tweet]412646334701641729[/tweet]
[tweet]412646360614064128[/tweet]

We can announce that Tim Sherwood, Chris Ramsey and Les Ferdinand will take charge of the First Team whilst the Club progresses discussions.

My ****ing word.

I'm happy about that :)

That's not "appointed interim manager". If he had been given that job why wouldn't they just announce that? To me that points towards us actually chasing or negotiating with some immediate targets and meanwhile we need someone on the bench for the West Ham game.

My ****ing word.

Did Sugar buy the club back when I wasn't looking?

That's just the kind of cretinous thing he'd do.

Who picks the team? A committee. :)

Who gives the team talks?

Who does the scouting?

I hope Levy knows what he is doing. Should be interesting anyway. Never a dull moment at Spurs.

**** sake - Sherwood b2b Ferdinand. Thats the dream team right there.

Know nothing about Ramsay - anyone?

At least when Chich gets ****ed off about Les being the forwards coach he'll have a point from now on.

The (extreme) anti-Sherwood sentiment is becoming a bit of an echo chamber. And I am pretty non-plussed about where that vitriol about him comes from in the first place.

Regarding his time as a Spurs player, I don't recognise the non-trying money-grabber people describe. His biggest problem by the time he signed for us, at 30, was that he wasn't very good any more (he'd been really excellent in his prime). But he tore around kicking people and doing what he did as best he could. I didn't see a lack of integrity. His other big sin of course was his association with the disgraced Junta of El Hombre en el Raincoato, which probably tarnishes opinion of him.

More recently, there have been whisperings about his influence behind the scenes during AVB's time. Well, ok, but AVB's just been sacked because - we can say it now - he sucked massive dangling blue monkey balls. Maybe Sherwood had legitimate concerns and gripes. Maybe he is a bit of a cvnt in the Roy Keane mode and voiced displeasure at the unfolding disaster, but so what?

It's not Sherwood's fault we had one of the the most tactically inept front 6 in Spurs' history. Or that AVB had one single idea and repeated it over and over. And if Levy asked him: "Tim, what's AVB's plan B when that hideous 4-2-3-1 yoke is failing?" is Sherwood supposed to say: "Oh, you know boss, it'll be grand"? Bollox to that. As the club's No. 3 (? I think) football man, that would be spineless.

I also put store in the fact Redknapp rated him enough to bring him in. Say what you like about Harry - and I think he was unlucky here and got dealt a rotten hand in the end - but he's a great football man in many, many ways. His opinion on Sherwood doesn't count for nothing. And Levy of course came to rate him too and it looks like Baldini also.

Anyway, whatever, he's not going to be the long-term appointment. Or, if he is, it will only be off the back of a top 4 finish. I dunno, I think he could be as good an option as any if we don't have a replacement lined up. It would not surprise me if he has an extremely modern approach to tactics, training, fitness, recruitment etc.

Back