• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood Testimonial OMT Spurs v Aston Villa 11th April

It is for us. We have nothing to play for. Same as against Burnley when our team failed to turn up mentally.

Professional players earning tens of thousands of pounds per week wearing Tottenham shirts representing Tottenham fans who have paid hard earned money, the heck we have nothing to play for.
That is a disgraceful attitude to have. If our players have that attitude then they do not deserve to play for this club.
Is Daniel Levy going to give me a discount on my season ticket because we have nothing to play for in our last 7 league matches? Hell no

man mark benteke, Villa are limited, no reason why we shouldn't win this easily, over hyped game

I mean realistically we should be winning this. Sherwood won't make it easy. He will crowd midfield and put Benteke on Vertonghen.

After the disappointing draw with Burnley last week, we need a good performance and result to lift our morale in this match. We have excellent record against Villa in recent years, winning 10 and drawing 3 of our last 13 matches against them in all competitions. In fact, we ave won our last 6 matches against them, scoring 17 and conceding 1. So, Pochettino has no excuse whatsoever why we cannot win this match. No doubt, the Sherwood connection will make this match intense. But being at home, it will be unacceptable if we don't win this match.

It was really disappointing not to score against bottom team like Burnley last week, especially from our main goal scorer Kane. We badly need Kane to get back scoring again. Kane is the only one we can rely on to score for us. Hope Kane will get back his goal scoring boot in this match. Not sure what happened to Eriksen who was single handedly winning us games earlier in the season. He has not scored in 13 matches now which is really disappointing. We really need to get Eriksen back into goal scoring mode again. We should be trying to win freekicks for Eriksen to score from. Chadli is another player who has gone off the boil in front of goal. How great it will be if all 3 can score in this match !

Pochettino better make changes to our midfield in this match. Our midfield combination of Mason and Bentaleb are not only unconvincing but has also become so predictable for other teams to overcome. And after the disappointing display against Burnley, Pochettino should be replacing them with others like Dembele and Stambouli. We really need a defensive midfielder like Stambouli to help us control the midfield and stop the other teams from attacking us relentlessly. Also want Lamela to start in this match. He offers more attacking options for us than the unconvincing Townsend.

It was nice to keep a clean sheet against Burnley, even if they didn't attack us much. But with Vertonghen doubtful, can't help but worried about the Chiriches-Dier combination in this match. Both are error prone when under pressure. And Villa has Benteke who can trouble our defence. With Vorm in goal, it is going to be even more intense match for our defence. This is why we need a defensive midfielder like Stambouli to help us protect the defence. Will be disappointed if we don't stop Villa scoring in this match.

With us virtually out of the top 4 race, our aim now should be to win all our remaining 7 matches. That will set our record league points total of 75 points which will overcome the record 72 points set by AVB in 2013. Hope we will turn up for this match in a positive mood and get that erection inducing win !

This will be my first league game at the Lane for years. Really looking forward to it.

A few of our players should be very motivated to beat Sherwood and his team after the brick he put them through last season.

Everybody dance now!

The injury problems seems to be starting to affect us now. Without Lloris and Vertonghen, it is going to be tough for our defence. But hope our attack will step up to help us win this match. Will be very disappointed if we don't win this match.

Still cannot believe people are still worried about Villa, what has happened to our supporters in recent years? never any confidence and ripping in to our own players at any given chance. The champions league run is the worst thing to happen to our support, spoilt is an understatement.

4th is still possible, look at everyone else's run in
So you think it's realistic that we will win all 7 games left, while City lose 3 of the 7, or united losing 3 and 1 draw, which is what it would take for us to get above either of them? Come on! Wake up and get back to the reality!!!

city have switched off, they could easily not win another game all season, United have some really tough matches coming

Ironic (perhaps) that Walker is also out considering he clattered our captain. I wouldn't be so worried as I think Vlad can do a sterling job at right back - unfortunately not having Verts too is an issue. I'd have liked to have seen Fazio involved in some way but not sure that's going to happen.

Glad it's at home and we don't have to endure the moaniness of the Villa home support.

I would also olike to see a change in the attacking 3 behind Kane.

Everybody dance now!

The injury problems seems to be starting to affect us now. Without Lloris and Vertonghen, it is going to be tough for our defence. But hope our attack will step up to help us win this match. Will be very disappointed if we don't win this match.

No Walker either, so Yedlin has come into the matchday squad for the first time

Ironic (perhaps) that Walker is also out considering he clattered our captain. I wouldn't be so worried as I think Vlad can do a sterling job at right back - unfortunately not having Verts too is an issue. I'd have liked to have seen Fazio involved in some way but not sure that's going to happen.

Glad it's at home and we don't have to endure the moaniness of the Villa home support.

I would also olike to see a change in the attacking 3 behind Kane.

With no Walker, Verts and Fazio; we're going to have to play Davies at either CB or RB

With no Walker, Verts and Fazio; we're going to have to play Davies at either CB or RB

Yedlin, Dier, Chiriches, Rose?

Also it hasn't been officially confirmed that Fazio is out.

-----------------------------------------------

Yedlin is perhaps one of those where some "experimentation" or not starting our strongest 11 might be acceptable. If Fazio is available I would say that Vlad at right back is the safer and arguably better option than Yedlin at this point. But giving Yedlin some game time now could benefit us long term so I wouldn't mind it.

Time to try something different perhaps? How about a 3-5-2/ 3-4-1-2

Vorm
Vlad --------- Dier -------- Davies

Lamela ---- Mason/Paulinho --- Benta ---- Rose

Eriksen

Soldado------- Kane

I want Lamela to start. He should be first choice , he has promise , Townsend is crap .

I also demand a goal or assist from Eriksen today, he has turned into Jenas after Christmas ...

I want a 3-0 win, we need a good perfomance today , i also think we should expect it .

Back