• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood Testimonial OMT Spurs v Aston Villa 11th April

Tottenham's defence is a shambles. So I can see us scoring a few goals. Will we be able to keep Harry Kane quiet? Well that's huge ask. If Richardson plays we could get a hiding. We have a terrible recent record against Spurs and unfortunately I think we will lose.

Anyone but Richardson at left back (and that includes Shay Given)
wink.png

I just hope Benteke gets revenge on that gobbrick Mason....

This fixture always worries me. But we do owe them one.

Last time we beat these NRC scored. Long overdue and how sweet it would be. Owe them for cheating us out of a win earlier in the season. Best chance we have is for the Beast to be in hat trick mode again and hope we outscore them. No way we keep a clean sheet.

Most hated team for me besides SHA so please Tim make it happen we need something to go for us.

Think we can win this 3-2 and we are due a headed goal from a corner/ set piece from one of our center backs, so Clark to score, with Gabby and Benteke completing the thriller.

Mason better be ready for this, Benteke will remember what he did last time.

They're not in great form. Benteke can win games on his own, but the team generally is playing OK. If we can leave out Richardson (and Sanchez?) and cut out the sloppy errors at the back we can win.

"which"

2 is preposterous, Kane was named in first team squads by Redknapp, back when sherwood was still mowing the grass on the training ground

3 well yes, we do have obvious weak spots, quite a few of them, nothing like the number in that villa side though, or the obvious one juggling gilets on their bench, people in glass houses etc etc

That grammatical correction was much appreciated.

2 isn't preposterous, it isn't Tim that said the first part and without Kanes' goals we wouldn't be where we are that's for sure.

As for point 3, he has beaten Poch twice including at Saints home ground which was no easy feat.

I don't care whether people like Sherwood or not, but this insistence on belittling what he did during his tenure here which includes almost a 10% better win rate than under Poch is a little strange....

That grammatical correction was much appreciated.

2 isn't preposterous, it isn't Tim that said the first part and without Kanes' goals we wouldn't be where we are that's for sure.

As for point 3, he has beaten Poch twice including at Saints home ground which was no easy feat.

I don't care whether people like Sherwood or not, but this insistence on belittling what he did during his tenure here which includes almost a 10% better win rate than under Poch is a little strange....

You are welcome ;-)

I read that as him taking credit for Kane.

We have to win.
Losing to that utter fudgeing clam is NOT an option, and I most certainly hope Poch makes that profusely clear.

Hopefully there's still a lot of resentment towards him within the squad for them to raise their game (despite it effectively being an end of season dead rubber)

Hopefully there's still a lot of resentment towards him within the squad for them to raise their game (despite it effectively being an end of season dead rubber)

Old-style Spurs would have seen it like a dead-rubber, so apart from anything else we will learn about the current mentality of our players.
If MoPo loses this it will bring 1000 years of shame upon him and the club

;)

I was hoping Sandro would 'accidentally' go through another player and dump him on his arse the other day.

It seems that Sandro is a bigger man than me (not literally).

I think we should have a Sherwood amnesty and not take the mick out of him until after the result. Its a banana skin waiting to happen ! :eek:

If Poch or the players treat this as a dead rubber when a win puts us just 4 points of a champions league spot with 18 still to play for, then they should'nt be at the club. Of course, its highly unlikely but you have to try.

I would agree and also add the fans who think we should experiment.

Agreed, to an extent at least.

Some experimentation could be good if Poch thinks it will benefit us going into next season. Including a youngster like Winks or Onomah in the squad to perhaps come on towards the end could be good.

Still quite a bit to play for this season, but having some thought for next season wouldn't be terrible either.

Agreed, to an extent at least.

Some experimentation could be good if Poch thinks it will benefit us going into next season. Including a youngster like Winks or Onomah in the squad to perhaps come on towards the end could be good.

Still quite a bit to play for this season, but having some thought for next season wouldn't be terrible either.

I have no problem with young players being on the bench, but I want to see our strongest side put out for the remaining games and once/if the game is won we can bring on the kids.

I don't think we have a strongest side atm - we all have our prefered XI but i think several positions are up for grabs from the managers perspective so i don't think we can make a call on that

Back