• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Karen Club....what do they do?

but but but.... they are great and amazing and are doing a service... and how dare you criticise them! They do this out of the goodness of their hearts!

They arent attention seeking interfering fudgewits at all!

It's the deliberate stirring up of disharmony among our fanbase that I can't stomach. The not so subtle calls for non-attendance and focusing solely on the negative implications of uncontrollable events. It spreads like the plague.

If they were fair and reasoned points I'd be totally fine with it. But you clearly see this sense of entitlement and general petulance spreading rapidly.

You see it here, on twitter and in the general attitude around the stadium. The damage they do with the (ridiculous) exposure they receive shouldn't be underestimated.

fudging clams.

Last edited:
It might be clumsily made, but her central point is ST holders aren't necessarily going to be keen to repurchase their Wembley seat when (a) they're already browned off with the venue, and (b) on top of that they're being asked to pay ££s more than their pro rata refund to attend cat A games. As a ST holder myself, I don't disagree. I rebought my ticket for Fulham because, at the time, it was presented as a one-off and the only other option I was offered was to make the club an interest-free loan against my 2019/20 ST, but I have not attended any other games (and will not, until we're back in N17). It might have been possible to arrange the refund system without the built-in disincentive to rebuy and it might not, given the way things evolved, but I strongly doubt they are going to try and change it at this stage anyway. The other points are irrelevant AFAIC. I couldn't give a toss about the prices of food and drink in the stadium, because I never buy anything anyway, and I've never once resold my seat either.

Last edited:
They do a great service for the 2-3k ST holders with the most points.

I have no doubt the clubs customer service is far from first class, and that the trust offer a very valuable service to those who need help in settling things in this area.

Im pretty sure thats where their positives end.

I have no doubt the clubs customer service is far from first class, and that the trust offer a very valuable service to those who need help in settling things in this area.

Im pretty sure thats where their positives end.

Most of the trust's work seems to revolve around affordable away tickets, which has made it a closed shop, and in addition they want the club to subsidise transport.

I dont mind that really, making sure the fans dedicated to follow the team are looked after.

Just as when people have ticket issues and they step in - I think its a valuable service.

I just think thats really their sort of level.

I dont think they represent the fans, I dont think they should be slinging their weight around like they do, I certainly dont like their attitude - and I absolutely dont think they do the club any favours with all the exposure they clearly chase.

IF the Trust has a mandate from its membership to slate the club in the press (which I very much doubt) then she should make it very clear that she is speaking on their behalf only and not for the wider fan base.

I imagine however she will take quite a bit of flak for this on Twitter. Not everyone agrees.
Not that she will care.

I just don't see what this is meant to achieve.

I don't understand the point of publishing this, it doesn't tell us anything we don't know, successful clubs attract tourists and sporadic attendees, it's good business to monetise that and build capacity accordingly, OT, the emirates and stamford bridge are not full of season ticket holding children every week, if we want to compete that's a solid stream of income. These fans also spend more on concessions and souvenirs, the trust wouldn't embarrass themselves so regularly if they put the slightest bit of thought into the economics of our situation.

IF the Trust has a mandate from its membership to slate the club in the press (which I very much doubt) then she should make it very clear that she is speaking on their behalf only and not for the wider fan base.

I imagine however she will take quite a bit of flak for this on Twitter. Not everyone agrees.
Not that she will care.

I just don't see what this is meant to achieve.

Well, I got that one totally wrong. Some of the comments from our so-called fans are embarrassing.
And apparently the article was edited down due to space. Thank Ghod for that.

That article is bang out of order.
I am not a Trust member but generally support the concept of a fan group having dialogue with the club, and think they do some useful things. But they are getting well above themselves imo.
There's a complete lack of logic/sense in what she says.
Not least criticising the club for giving ST holders a choice in whether or not to attend by giving refunds. I can only imagine the uproar (and rightly so) if the club kept all the ST money and made holders pay again.

I have no beef with anyone who decides to skip Wembley games. Everyone has their own reasons. But I find it offensive to suggest that I need some additional incentive to go and support my team. It's Spurs. It's my team. That is my incentive.

She has just managed to make our support seem fickle, entltled and Woolwich-like. Great job.

I'm really trying to see it from their point of view, because there is a gaggle of Spurs fans on Twitter, who seemingly refer to themselves as 'Spurs Twitter' and give each other congratulatory backslaps on being 'the best follows on Spurs Twitter' who all absolutlely seem to revel in moaning about the club. They want more communication, but every time the club announces a set back, that is when most of the moaning happens.

Do they have a point, in that the club is withholding money from ST holders? Or being unfair with the pricing? I'm really trying to see it from their point of view and, not being in the country this year, I haven't been able to experience the 'pain' of the ST holders. I don't think communication has been that bad, and I think really the club is guilty of nothing much more than setting too ambitious a target and not being able to meet it.

But do they have a point as regards to refunds or ticket prices for Wembley? I'm really trying to see it from their point of view but all I can see is that they are offered refunds if they don't want to go to the games.

There is really no other way of refunding our season tickets than by 1/19 of the cost per game. Season tickets in the new stadium have different price brackets. How do you otherwise calculate the price of a Wembley ticket for a season ticket holder in the east upper who had a seat in the lower tier home end at Wembley versus a season ticket holder in the South Stand opting for a Club Wembley seat at Wembley?

If people are concerned with loss of interest on their money, they can get the money for their season ticket now and put it into their favoured savings account or investment fund. Or you can look at it the way I do and place the money you save on next year's season ticket and invest it then (or in my case, squander it).

When games were moved to Wembley I expected no less than to get the choice of a refund or using my ticket. I signed up for a season at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, as opposed to last year when I signed up for a season at Wembley to get the reward of going to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in the seasons ahead. When this didn't come off as planned, I think the club have found a quite acceptable arrangement to redeem the situation.

There is really no other way of refunding our season tickets than by 1/19 of the cost per game. Season tickets in the new stadium have different price brackets. How do you otherwise calculate the price of a Wembley ticket for a season ticket holder in the east upper who had a seat in the lower tier home end at Wembley versus a season ticket holder in the South Stand opting for a Club Wembley seat at Wembley?

If people are concerned with loss of interest on their money, they can get the money for their season ticket now and put it into their favoured savings account or investment fund. Or you can look at it the way I do and place the money you save on next year's season ticket and invest it then (or in my case, squander it).

When games were moved to Wembley I expected no less than to get the choice of a refund or using my ticket. I signed up for a season at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, as opposed to last year when I signed up for a season at Wembley to get the reward of going to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in the seasons ahead. When this didn't come off as planned, I think the club have found a quite acceptable arrangement to redeem the situation.

So really, what are the guys moaning about then? I've heard 'we want refunds right now rather than dripfed' which then plays into the whole idea that the club are liars, hoarding our money, and exploiting loyal fans by jacking up prices for a stadium nobody wants to go to, when they knew that they never would have been in the new one on time anyway.

ST holders can get refunded and not go to the game, or use the ticket they've already paid for to go to the game.

I guess the entire moan is that they paid increased prices expecting to be in at NWHL, and Wembley is not the same value for money that they expected given the money paid. But I also see that the price for the Chelsea game would be the same at the Cat A game last season, and ST holders can still look to get their seat from last season...?

I guess I can see where they are coming from to an extent, in that maybe a lot of ST holders would never have paid for another season ticket if they knew half the season would be at Wembley. And maybe they think the price for another season at Wembley should be less and they want some extra cash back beyond their refund? I don't entirely get it - it seems like they can either use their ST, or get a refund for the games they don't want to attend and purchase tickets for the same price as last season? Do I have that right? So either way, they are not losing anything and I don't see what else the club could have done? They get precisely how much money they want back, they can pay the same price as last season for tickets if they so choose, or go to the games as normal?

And really, these guys love to say they are the truest fans, but see going to Wembley, the national football stadium, as too much of a hassle to watch the team they supposedly love. It just makes them look entitled. I've be going to every game I could if I was in the country, and when I'm back in London at the end of this year I will be going again. I'd follow us where ever, be it Wembley, MK or Tottenham. It is a rubbish situation to have the stadium delayed and one we are all frustrated about, but they seem to revel in piling on the misery rather than helping the club stay united and get through a tough time into a brave new era.

Can someone post the full article as I don’t really want to pay to read it!

Why Spurs fans are not turning up at Wembley this season
TELEMMGLPICT000179337488_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqv3hxuICTza90rxjOncu1SL3vPOKTusd3feQ9v2tucJ0.jpeg

A Spurs fan watches fellow supporters approaching Wembley CREDIT: GETTY IMAGES

• Katrina Law, co-chair of the tottenham hotspur supporters’ trust
30 OCTOBER 2018 • 8:13PM

It is important to keep Monday night’s attendance in perspective. There were 56,000 fans at Wembley for a match against Emirates Marketing Project that had been rescheduled, twice, into a difficult Monday night slot. Although it was a smaller crowd than fixtures against the likes of Bournemouth and West Bromwich Albion last season, it was still 20,000 more supporters than a full White Hart Lane and only just under the capacity of our new ground. That is still an impressive turnout.

My worry is who comprised the 56,000 fans. If it was mainly one-off visitors and tourists (which it felt like) and a significant percentage of season-ticket holders chose not to attend, that is a real cause for concern for the future of our support. The club should be concerned, too.

We think there are a number of factors affecting attendance. The first of those is Wembley fatigue. The fans were supportive of the move last season – and record attendances demonstrated that – but we thought it was only for one campaign.

Wembley is cavernous and soulless, and it has never felt like home. The stadium is also inconvenient for many fans in terms of travel and it is hugely expensive in terms of food and drink. We made the best of it last season, but Spurs fans were sold (and promised) a superior experience in a state-of-the-art stadium that is yet to materialise. They were charged a lot of money for seats on the basis that the new stadium offered unrivalled facilities.

There is a feeling that money has been taken in order to finance something that has not been delivered. There have also been complaints about the quality of communication from the club.

Fans understand the challenges of managing a complex project, but they want clear, prompt, honest and regular updates. The recent announcement that all home games will be played at Wembley up to Dec 29 shows the club have listened, but that announcement has also increased discontent over ticket pricing. Season-ticket holders are being charged more than they paid for the same seat at Wembley last season, and the club seriously needs to look at their refund mechanism and the pricing for those supporters.

This is causing a good deal of resentment – with the decision to charge top category prices for the game against Chelsea proving particularly unpopular. Refunds present fans with options. Once you refund matches, you are then relying on season-ticket holders to repurchase those seats. You are giving them an option to take the money rather than attend the game.

You need to incentivise them to buy that ticket again and come to the match, at a stadium they did not expect to still be in. At the moment, that is not happening.

Back