• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

THST/THFC Board to Board Meeting Minutes

That sounds like MK is nailed on.
"Naming Rights was something that would be arrived at mid project" - I thought they declared who had agreed the naming rights in the Archway court case?

No, we have credit with a bank to fund it.

I find it odd that people still don't get the DoF system, considering we first introduced it in 1991.

4.4 is easy to answer. He just needs to promise that spending will remain the same through the build period as it has for the past 6 years. Again, a lot of people don't seem to have twigged that we've been making profits on transfers since January 2009.

The DOF for Levy is having someone to blame when all goes tits up, someone to be the fall guy so that the blame does not lay at his door. Shown yet again by him blaming AVB, who said himself none of the players were his choice and Franco Balidini for wasting the Bale money.

Its these situations which remind me why I do not like Levy. As a Jewish friend said to me, Levy is quite the typical Jewish businessman the way he runs Tottenham, down to blaming others, to the management merry go round where its very common that should someone fail they bring in the next guy that can until they find someone that doesn't fail.

The DOF for Levy is having someone to blame when all goes tits up, someone to be the fall guy so that the blame does not lay at his door. Shown yet again by him blaming AVB, who said himself none of the players were his choice and Franco Balidini for wasting the Bale money.

Its these situations which remind me why I do not like Levy. As a Jewish friend said to me, Levy is quite the typical Jewish businessman the way he runs Tottenham, down to blaming others, to the management merry go round where its very common that should someone fail they bring in the next guy that can until they find someone that doesn't fail.

What has that got to do with his religion!? That's frankly very insulting...

I somehow doubt that fans like yourself who dislike Levy would be happier with him if he didn't hire a footballing man in between himself and the head coach. We're on our third DoF-esque type since Levy took over, one got poached by Chelsea, one was (imo rightly) sacked. Hardly a string of fall guys.

Levy is saying that the footballing men (Baldini, AVB) were backed in the transfer market. I think that's correct. Hardly some blame shifting operation.

If not for the fact that Levy actually sets our aims as highly as he does, considerably above where we are financially, and gets us pretty close to reaching those lofty aims, no one would be talking about laying blame at his door.

Like dawaxman I'm not a big fan of the religious comments...

What has that got to do with his religion!? That's frankly very insulting...

Its how a Jewish friend/business associate of mine described Levy. Apologies for offending you, I didn't mean it to be offensive.

Last edited:

well thats a lie for starters. He wanted Paulinho, who has been a stinker of immense proportions, and he wanted Soldado.....thats over 40 mill pounds AVB wasted right there

I am only quoting his own words. His words against Levy's. Its the blame game.

Mind actually quoting AVB if you're going to claim that you're quoting him? What you wrote was not a quote...

It's not actually his word against Levy's. AVB was saying that they weren't all his signings, that he was opposed to some of them. Levy is saying that he supported the tech director and coach. A perfectly valid explanation would be that some of the targets were preferred by Baldini and some by AVB and that AVB was saying that the targets were Baldini's, not his.

This is frankly quite ridiculous... Months and months after AVB made those comments Levy is playing the blame game through one comment given to the THST in a board to board meeting. This is how Levy plays "the blame game"??? And AVB's comments are taken at face value, and even expanded upon...

I need the headbanger smiley.. next time I will search out actual 100% correct quote. Pedantic much.

I need the headbanger smiley.. next time I will search out actual 100% correct quote. Pedantic much.

Wow... Indian is claiming that AVB wanted at least £40m worth of the signings you specifically claimed he wanted none of. He points out that you're wrong, you claim that was actually what he did say and that you were quoting him. I ask you for the actual quote as you claim to be quoting someone, but then I'm just being pedantic.

Yes, when people are wrong on the scale of £40m I will be pedantic. Regardless of the availability and choice of emoticons. I would suggest you become a bit more pedantic with your own claims instead of complaining when being corrected.

To add to that...

It seems to me overwhelmingly likely that Lamela was someone Baldini wanted. Hardly anyone in football knew more about Lamela than Baldini at that time, he had signed him at Roma and worked with him there. He was our record signing, it would be almost impossible to think that he wasn't targeted by Baldini at the least.

That's the 3 most expensive players in that window targeted by our footballing people imo. Again supporting the statement from Levy. Continuing the trend imo, as the differences in transfer strategy under various people in charge has been clear as day.

DL referenced that the Fazio loan deal had been possible because MP, J McD and PM are confident in the abilities of a younger player to step up to the first team if required

CCV?

Yes, Poch specifically referred to CCV in a recent interview as being one who was training with the first team and showed promise

Back