• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

THST/THFC Board to Board Meeting Minutes

We regressed from a period of 'over acheiving' - you're always likely to do that until you're on a more even footing with those above. Some of that is our own doing and some if it is other clubs doing well, for us to have continued our upward curve of improvement we would have had to have got every decision right along the way - that's just not a very realistic target over many seasons. The important thing to remember is we are much better off than when we started (with ENIC) and that even despite our recent regression we've only fallen to what you have to consider as our rightful position in the pecking order (as it stands) which IMV is no reason to want the owners out.

As for the validity of the points, as per FiBs response - there isn't much validity there at all.

Average league position the last ten seasons - 6.2
Average league position the ten years before ENIC - 10.8

ENIC
2013-14 6
2012-13 5
2011-12 4
2010-11 5
2009-10 4
2008-09 8
2007-08 11
2006-07 5
2005-06 5
2004-05 9
Average 6.2

Before
1999-00 10
1998-99 11
1997-98 14
1996-97 10
1995-96 8
1994-95 7
1993-94 15
1992-93 8
1991-92 15
1990-91 10
Average 10.8

I'm not complaining, but I'm not happy with the fact that West Ham are going to have a bigger stadium than us. Is there the option for us to increase our new stadium once we move in?

So your position on Enic would be different if the OS had gone to Orient instead of West Ham?

The Enic Out chap was on a podcast 2 weeks ago, he said he registered the Enic Out name on Twitter when he was annoyed after a defeat ages ago... then it got some traction and he thought ooh blimey, I better do something with it then. I doubt even he agrees with most of that list. But if you trawl through half a million fans, you'll find 200 people that agree with anything you like.

what a load of *******s, I'm the first to say they could have done better over last couple of years (ok, so I say quite vehemently they should have done better) but that poster/flyer is ridiculous

all I want for them is to stop making mistakes and bring a bit more cash into the club, there shouldn't be a flat surface at the lane or the training ground without a sponsors logo on it

I'd take a billionaire if one appeared but I appreciate we could be in far worse hands

what a load of *******s, I'm the first to say they could have done better over last couple of years (ok, so I say quite vehemently they should have done better) but that poster/flyer is ridiculous

all I want for them is to stop making mistakes and bring a bit more cash into the club, there shouldn't be a flat surface at the lane or the training ground without a sponsors logo on it

I'd take a billionaire if one appeared but I appreciate we could be in far worse hands

Well, you never know, with the right new owners we could become the next City

But you're dead right, knowing our luck we could just as easily become the next Leeds

or Portsmouth

or Villa

So. as some of us kept saying when people wanted Harry out -

Careful what you wish for!

So your position on Enic would be different if the OS had gone to Orient instead of West Ham?

Leyton Orient are in a different division. If they were to be promoted within a few years and reach the Premier League, then yes I would have a problem with it. But they don't have anywhere near a big enough fanbase to justfiy using that stadium. I know West Ham have a smaller fanbase than we do, but they'll pull out all the stops to try and get close to filling it i.e. kids for a quid/10p.

I think this is the crux of it for me. I also appreciate it could be a hell of a lot worse and realise ENIC have improved things compared to the Sugar days, but I don't think it's entitlement or spoilt behaviour to perhaps wonder if we could also do better.

Leyton Orient are in a different division. If they were to be promoted within a few years and reach the Premier League, then yes I would have a problem with it. But they don't have anywhere near a big enough fanbase to justfiy using that stadium. I know West Ham have a smaller fanbase than we do, but they'll pull out all the stops to try and get close to filling it i.e. kids for a quid/10p.

OK then - so would your position on ENIC have been better if we had got the Olympic stadium instead of West Ham?

also butting in, if ENIC had made a compelling financial case for the OS i'd have been on board with it

I agree and I have been going to the lane for 50 years many of them as a S/T holder. We need a bigger ground and if the only way of getting one is to move away so be it.

New meeting tonight.

The Boards of THST and THFC meet for their next formal meeting tonight, Monday 30 March.
The Agenda for this session has been shaped by questions submitted from THST members and is shared below.
Minutes from the meeting will follow later this week.

Tottenham Hotspur Supporters’ Trust
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club
Board to Board Meeting

Agenda

Monday 30 March 2015
Tottenham Hotspur Football & Athletic Co Ltd,Lilywhite House, 6pm

Attendees

THST Board:
Katrina Law, Co-chair
Martin Cloake, Co-chair
Suraj Sharma, Secretary
Paul Head
Kevin FItzgerald
Keith Sharp

THFC Board:
Daniel Levy, Chairman
Donna Cullen, Executive Director
Matthew Collecott, Finance and Operations Director
Ian Murphy, Head of Ticketing and Membership
Sue Tilling, Head of Safety
Jonathan Waite, Customer Services and Supporter Liaison Manager

1. Stadium/ Northumberland Development Project
· Timings for CPO completion
· Timescales for stadium build
· Funding and finances
· Stadium design – what’s being built?
· Safe Standing areas
· Disabled access/ facilities
· Transport infrastructure including White Hart Lane station
· Ground share options and timings

2. Ticketing
· Season Ticket renewals 2015 and 2016
· Phased payment options
· Pricing for season (s) away including amnesties
· Stretch pricing for new stadium, including multi-year deals
· Share TV Wealth campaign
· StubHub
· Commitment to fan consultation

3. Policing/Safety work
· Joint Club/ Trust approach
· Developing supporter input

4. Player development and recruitment
· Role of Director of Football, Chief Scout and Head Coach in player recruitment
· Academy
· Transfer policy
· Safeguarding transfer funds during the stadium build project

5. AOB

that'll all get Levy's eye's rolling, I bet he'd rather spend an evening with Florentino Perez

if his answer to 4.1 isn't "fudge off you imbeciles" i'll be amazed

that'll all get Levy's eye's rolling, I bet he'd rather spend an evening with Florentino Perez

I find it odd that people still don't get the DoF system, considering we first introduced it in 1991.

4.4 is easy to answer. He just needs to promise that spending will remain the same through the build period as it has for the past 6 years. Again, a lot of people don't seem to have twigged that we've been making profits on transfers since January 2009.

It's always the same.

The last set of minutes of theirs I read were essentially them stamping on the ground, going red in the face and shouting "But why haven't we bought any players?"

That sounds like MK is nailed on.
"Naming Rights was something that would be arrived at mid project" - I thought they declared who had agreed the naming rights in the Archway court case?

Back