• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Throw ins

Even the very best at scoring from corners (from a very limited data set that seemed overall to lean heavily towards corners) were only scoring 1 in every 18 or so. That's one every 2-3 matches on average.
I wouldn't call that "only." One every 2-3 games is 12-18 goals a season. Nothing to scoff at.

The problem I have is the argument around working on where we statistically good which I may be inferring

We should always work on where we're weak and therefore have scope for improvement

As someone mentioned... Man Utds biggest win was because of scoring set plays in a stereotypical English fashion

Maybe, just maybe we're trying to recreate a style of football that doesn't suit our league or our players rather than playing to our strengths as British players

It's always why I me tired the 4-2-3-1.. It's incredibly defensive when you see the likes of Palace play it becaus desire the set up they only have 4 players attacking generally. 4-4-2 you would normally get 5 as you would get a central midfielder having a go too. But now stats are sowing an argument for 4-2-3-1 yet still the highest scoring side in history didn't play that way... Football follows trends and that's clear even to the most ignorant fan, but the best innovate and thrive

Which side is the highest scoring in history?

I agree that we should work on improving areas where we are weakest. I just think that we should prioritise areas that will have the most impact.

I wouldn't call that "only." One every 2-3 games is 12-18 goals a season. Nothing to scoff at.
It's not the number of goals, it's the number of attempts needed to create those goals. Bear in mind that one in 18 figure was the very best team in a small sample size that was heavily weighted to corners.

It would be a far better use of our time to practice the more effective parts of the game.

Stats and practice make not point if the players are not alert and ready to stop their opponents, a lot of our players do not react quickly enough when the ball goes dead, they just relax which is fatal.

Back