• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

This summer if we don't make CL...........

Well, Modric will be nailed on to leave.

And who can blame him. Looked like a real fool battling his sock off surrounded but teammates who didn't give an arse losing at home to Norwich.

Well, Modric will be nailed on to leave.

And who can blame him. Looked like a real fool battling his sock off surrounded but teammates who didn't give an arse losing at home to Norwich.

Battling his little socks off was he? Playing where the CBs were?

Lennon is the one player who can be proud yesterday. If Modric demands CL football, he should be able to run rings around a Championship midfield.

Modric and Bale will leave - absolutely no illusions about that and people should accept it early in the window. There is no fcuking way we'd be able to keep them for another season without CL.

We'd also probably sign Lothar Mattheus on deadline day as cover for Nelsen and Friedel simultaneously

New manager and new players ? A defining summer, but we aren't there yet, it is still on for CL right now - we need a win and start a streak to end the season on a high.

Let's hope the FA Cup will give us that good feeling and we carry that into the league games.

Modric and Bale will leave - absolutely no illusions about that and people should accept it early in the window. There is no fcuking way we'd be able to keep them for another season without CL.

We'd also probably sign Lothar Mattheus on deadline day as cover for Nelsen and Friedel simultaneously

Nailed on.

And there can be good chances, that people like Lennon and Walker will be unsettled too.

Add to that, there is no chance in hell that we can sign Ade permanently.

That leaves a starting 11 from what ... ?

Brad

Corluka Kaboul Gallas Ekotto

Piernaar Parker Sandro Townsend

Saha Defoe

Worst case, I know but bad. And presuming all loanees will want to return !

Don't be ridiculous Danish.

Modric will almost certainly agitate to leave again and will probably go though with 4 years left on his contract, not sure if Levy will play the same game as last summer.
Bale won't leave yet imo. He's still young, with a lot of his career ahead of him. And for the price we'd be demanding, I don't think Bale justifies that price yet.
Walker? I rate him but no-one is buying him and he won't want to leave. Why on earth would he be unsettled? He was playing in the championship last season and he's not good enough that better clubs will have lust in their eyes when looking at him.

Don't see it with Lennon either. We don't sell to Arsenal (and they have enough wingers). Man Utd already have a good set of wingers, won't look to add to that. Leaves only Chelsea really, who'll go for just one of him and Modric. And he's had better seasons in the past without anyone coming in for him.

Saha will be released, Pienaar sold and Townsend sent out on loan.

Adebayor won't be here of course.

If we fail to get into the CL, after the position we were in, Redknapp and the players deserve shooting.

Don't be ridiculous Danish.

Modric will almost certainly agitate to leave again and will probably go though with 4 years left on his contract, not sure if Levy will play the same game as last summer.
Bale won't leave yet imo. He's still young, with a lot of his career ahead of him. And for the price we'd be demanding, I don't think Bale justifies that price yet.
Walker? I rate him but no-one is buying him and he won't want to leave. Why on earth would he be unsettled? He was playing in the championship last season and he's not good enough that better clubs will have lust in their eyes when looking at him.

Don't see it with Lennon either. We don't sell to Arsenal (and they have enough wingers). Man Utd already have a good set of wingers, won't look to add to that. Leaves only Chelsea really, who'll go for just one of him and Modric. And he's had better seasons in the past without anyone coming in for him.

Saha will be released, Pienaar sold and Townsend sent out on loan.

Adebayor won't be here of course.

If we fail to get into the CL, after the position we were in, Redknapp and the players deserve shooting.

Am I ridiculous ? How so.

Firstly Modric will be nailed on to leave, if we get CL it's much more unclear.

Secondly Bale said last season, that if we allowed Modric to leave, he too would consider our ambition levels. He's our biggest name, in particular abroad. I read german and swedish media too, and you wouldn't believe what a name he is on the continent. If Modric leave AND if we don't get CL he will leave, alright.

Thirdly Walker is our biggest name after the two formerlies and I'd expect all of Man Utd, Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project to be interested at least. The sensible thing to do would be to stay and I agree with all you write. That's just not how players and in particular agents see things.

Fourth: Lennon is the least likely to leave, but both Liverpool and Chelsea have shown interest previously.

Saha has another year on his contract. Pienaar and Townsend I actually hope will stay, but certainly not as starters.

For the record, my above scenario is regarding leavers, not considering incoming players. My point is rather, even assuming that Walker and Lennon stays, without Bale, Modric and Adebayor, we don't even look as strong as Saudi Sportswashing Machine let alone the other traditional top 6 teams. If Bale and Modric leave, we'll have money to burn. But who will come under such circumstances and with a new manager ?

IMHO the manager is the greatest appointment. Moyes and Pardew are sensible options, but they won't help us sign anyone big unfortunately.

Modric will make noises about leaving even if we finish 3rd and win the FA Cup. The way I feel about Bale sometimes, is that he thinks he doesnt have to try anymore....I think he has Barcelona Syndrome.

Like Berbatov, and Keane, and Campbell.....if they think they are too big for us this summer, despite our failing being partly down to their poor efforts recently, then they can both f#ck off, and we can rebuild with the 120M :)ross:) from their sales

Last edited:
As I said, I think Modric will leave but he'll still have four years left on the contract so depends what game Levy decides to play.

Oh, I fully appreciate what a big name Bale is, even back in Africa, people know about and like Gareth Bale. He can reconsider his position but he's still young and for the price we'd demand, I don't think he'd be worth it for any club at the moment. But we'll see with that one.

Sorry, I don't think Walker is a big name at all. I think Man Utd, Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea currently all have equal or better rightbacks and he still has a whole lot of improvement to be done. I also think he'd be relatively far back in a list of players thinking about leaving if we don't get CL. He'd be well behind players like VDV, BAE, Sandro, Kaboul etc.

Who'd go to Liverpool now? As I said, Chelsea is a possibility but they'll only try for one of Modric or Lennon if they do. I'd be willing to bet its the first one.

If we miss out on CL, we may lose the first, possibly second. But no more.

I think you're right with the managerial appointment. What we need next is someone for the long term, who has a similar vision to Levy and the ability to carry it out over the next 5 years or so with the restraints that will be placed on him with the stadium.

Agree to disagree on the players.

As for the manager thing I concur. The next appointment have to be huge.

Frankly I hope Redknapp goes. Not belittling his achievements past. I just think he has a way with man managment and players and that ability has its own cycle time. It looks to me like that cycle has gone. Such managment of lazzeiz-faire liberty for creative players, you know letting them out there and get on with it has its own cycle time. Now we are struggling, Bale being double team wide and central and Ade being pushed deep, Lennon pushed onto his left, Modric kicked all over the place etc. You need solid framework to work from - you know training ground moves to release wingers, firm patters to run for the strikers, set piece routines, etc - but he simply seem unable to do that. Get us working.

I don't care about that one blip Saudi Sportswashing Machine win (how important are those 3 points now btw), we have look clueless since about new year and it's getting regressively worse each game.

He is singing the same tunes, but the players don't look like they believe it any more.

It's not like you can see the players trying to adapt to different styles and working hard for the lucky break out of this form. They are not working at all. How can they, they don't know what to to.

It's a bit sad to watch.

the thing i find ironic is that, i agree totally that the players will want to leave if we dont make CL....spouting off that they want to play in the CL and tottenham didnt make it etc etc

how...

Should they not take some kind of significant level of responsibility for the outcome of the campaign? after all, its THEM that didnt make CL

this is why i feel that the players aside from a select few of gallas, parker and a couple of others , are actually very weak willed individuals. they are players that want to get carried to stardom...they dont do the carrying themselves. great players, but not 'Hungry' players on the pitch. they will go somewhere else and play well for teams that have players with that constant desire to win and because of that they will win themselves

just the luck of the draw to be honest

i see another rebuilding project on the horizon for us next season cause right now our confidence and fight is low, its the wrong time for that to happen

hope levy stands his ground again

the thing i find ironic is that, i agree totally that the players will want to leave if we dont make CL....spouting off that they want to play in the CL and tottenham didnt make it etc etc

how...

Should they not take some kind of significant level of responsibility for the outcome of the campaign? after all, its THEM that didnt make CL

this is why i feel that the players aside from a select few of gallas, parker and a couple of others , are actually very weak willed individuals. they are players that want to get carried to stardom...they dont do the carrying themselves. great players, but not 'Hungry' players on the pitch. they will go somewhere else and play well for teams that have players with that constant desire to win and because of that they will win themselves

just the luck of the draw to be honest

i see another rebuilding project on the horizon for us next season cause right now our confidence and fight is low, its the wrong time for that to happen

hope levy stands his ground again

We can go on all day bout this but there is only one thing to say: Player Power.

will all depend on who our new manager is. I think Bale would stay and would be up to the new guy toe persuade Modric to stay on

We need to be planning for the two scenarios of either making the CL or not.

Either way we need some major restructuring and a number of players need to be moved on:
Corluka, Dos Santos, Bentley, Krancjar all need to go as they won't figure going forwards with/without Harry.
Given the way the game is going with 4-3-3 systems now in vogue I also think we should sell Defoe - I think we can get in the region of ?ú10M for him.
I also think we should release Nelsen, Saha and possibly King (into a coaching position).

The other changes depend on whether we make the CL or not. If we do:
Make Adebayor's move permanent
Get in another striker who can play up top on his own
Pay top dollar for a quaility player who can play anywhere behind the main striker - Hazard?
A top centre-half - ?ú10M+
An extra central midfielder to take the load off Modric

If we don't:
Try to negotiate with Adebayor to move permanently
Get in another striker who can play up top on his own
Pick up Hoillet as competition for Lennon
Recall Caulker and promote him to main duties at centre-half alongside Dawson/Kaboul
Sell Modric
Reinvest in two highly promising central midfielders

Obviously that's all easy without naming many names but we need to make some major moves. I think we need to part with at least the best part of ?ú40M this summer. This season has shown we are too reliant on two or three players. The year we did get 4th key players came through in the 2nd half of the season - Pav, Bentley and Bale made major contributions after Defoe, Lennon and Modric had in the first half. We need something like that again to push on.

Dont sell modric.

no way.

keep modric.

if levy pulls out his armour then i'll back him on that one. dont sell our best players at any cost. no need to.

Dont sell modric.

no way.

keep modric.

if levy pulls out his armour then i'll back him on that one. dont sell our best players at any cost. no need to.

I think he owed us one more season after our failure to get back in the CL this year. He doesn't owe us another one and we know he wants CL and more ?ú?ú?ú. We'd have an argument if we finish 4th/3rd but if we finish 5th/6th why on earth should he stay? Levy wouldn't have a leg to stand on in my opinion.

You need solid framework to work from - you know training ground moves to release wingers, firm patters to run for the strikers, set piece routines, etc - but he simply seem unable to do that. Get us working.

I don't care about that one blip Saudi Sportswashing Machine win (how important are those 3 points now btw), we have look clueless since about new year and it's getting regressively worse each game.

Absolutely. We need a system of play, organisation. It has consistently been my biggest critisism of Redknapp. I thought during the first half of the season he had actually embedded something, now I think it was just fluke...

Back