• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Things we hate about modern football

I am in love with football, but there are loads of things I hate about it. I think other football fans are able to look past these hateful things, but I can't - it really lessens my enjoyment of the game. It's frustrating.

I thought it might be cathartic for us to share the things that we hate about football - which the relevant authorities continue to do nothing about, and which fans (including me!) continue to accept, by pouring their money into the football market.

#1 I hate all the big teams, in England and abroad. I hate that they have a ridiculous financial advantage over all the other teams, and I especially hate them if the source of that advantage is a sugar daddy. I hate the hype around them. I hate that foreigners exclusively choose one of the big teams to 'support', purely because they're big and successful. I hate that no-one does anything about the financial inequality, despite it ruining the competitiveness of the sport. And I hate that the richest teams continue to charge as much money as possible to the fans that support them. And I hate all the big players that play for the big teams, for playing for them. And I hate all the countries that these big players play for.

So what should have been an enjoyable match of football - the 3-3 draw between Spain and Portugal - was just an irritating display of one team full of big players from big clubs playing against another team full of big players from big clubs, neither of whom I wanted to get anything out of the game.

What do other people hate?

And can anyone help me to look past this brickstorm of hate just to enjoy the sport that I otherwise so love?

Think this was possibly worthy of a second thread as my hate is common to the complete history of the game, if anything modern football is the light at the end of my particular tunnel.

“Proper football men”, averse to logic and statistics whilst parroting cliches about how simple the game is.

People missing live events with their eyes (because their eyes are focussed on their phone screen) to get a couple of minutes of absolute dogsh1t footage on their phone than they can then post on social media. This applies to all live events.

This, but in spades when the camera is reversed and the bastards are filming themselves in the act of spectating or celebrating. Confiscate their devices and issue banning orders.

So what should have been an enjoyable match of football - the 3-3 draw between Spain and Portugal - was just an irritating display of one team full of big players from big clubs playing against another team full of big players from big clubs, neither of whom I wanted to get anything out of the game.

I'm with you on this. I always feel a bit better when I see a player I don't know in the Spain line up and I see he plays for Villareal etc.

Everything about the modern game, abacus game players ( who in many cases have never kicked a ball in anger) thinking they know better then managers, couch potatoes ( who in some cases have never been to a proper game) doing the same thing. Greedy agents screwing every penny they can take out of the game, fans who winge during EVERY transfer window because our club does not throw countless millions into transfers( like the money doped clubs do). Sky and the likes changing kick off times for those same couch potatoes and without thinking about those we actually get of their arses to go to games.

I love Spurs ( and always will) but the game and a lot of those who follow it stink.

Everything about the modern game, abacus game players ( who in many cases have never kicked a ball in anger) thinking they know better then managers, couch potatoes ( who in some cases have never been to a proper game) doing the same thing. Greedy agents screwing every penny they can take out of the game, fans who winge during EVERY transfer window because our club does not throw countless millions into transfers( like the money doped clubs do). Sky and the likes changing kick off times for those same couch potatoes and without thinking about those we actually get of their arses to go to games.

I love Spurs ( and always will) but the game and a lot of those who follow it stink.

Add to my list people who say ‘abacus game players’ :p - I’ve never heard anyone say ‘abacus’ in real life, not sure where this little saying comes from...

Add to my list people who say ‘abacus game players’ :p - I’ve never heard anyone say ‘abacus’ in real life, not sure where this little saying comes from...

http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meaning-definition-of/'abacus

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/abacus

Happy to help out those who are unread.:p

Back