• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Youth Players/On-Loan Thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy has looked good when I've seen him. Carrick-like player - very deep CM but uses the ball really well

I've only seen him a few times and apart from his leadership qualities I've not seen anything special, he is no where near the level Skipp was playing at or even Amos.

Unless we get a very soft FA Cup draw or a goalkeeping emergency, I can't see any youth players other than Parrott or Skipp getting a minute between now and the end of the season.
Even those two I think it'll be limited.
Wouldn't be surprised to see Skipp go out on loan in Jan.

I think that it would be best for them both to go out on loan if they are not going to play for the first team this season. They need games at this stage of their development, being in the first team squad but not making the bench denies them this.

I'm hopeful for it to be honest. Get Skipp and KWP out to a decent footballing team upper championship where they'll get games and watch them come back in the summer all the better for it.

In the meantime send Victor back up north of the border on a loan becoming permanent if he plays 10 games or something like that so Celtic have time to sort the finances for a summer transfer. Get in some proper bastard tank like Arturo Vidal (who is making noises about not playing enough football) to come in on loan to fill the gap.

I'm hopeful for it to be honest. Get Skipp and KWP out to a decent footballing team upper championship where they'll get games and watch them come back in the summer all the better for it.

In the meantime send Victor back up north of the border on a loan becoming permanent if he plays 10 games or something like that so Celtic have time to sort the finances for a summer transfer. Get in some proper bastard tank like Arturo Vidal (who is making noises about not playing enough football) to come in on loan to fill the gap.
I would love Vidal.
Been saying for two seasons that I think he is exactly what we need.

From what I've seen (very limited so far this season) we have some good prospects in defence Lyons-Foster, Binks and Fagan-Walcott at CB and Cirkin at LB, none of the others stand out, Harvey White looks like a good player but lacking pace.

Cheers; anyone that can play as DCM?:oops:

From what I read we also fielded a weaker team with Parrot not in the squad and White and Bennett on the bench. Three of our four goals did come in the window when we had a man advantage although it was a small window.

We are delighted to announce that young goalkeeper Brandon Austin has signed a new contract with the Club, which will run until 2022.

The 20-year-old has come up through our Academy system and has appeared on the substitutes’ bench for the first team in five competitive matches so far this season, in addition to playing three games for our Development Squad in the Premier League 2, including a 3-1 win over Emirates Marketing Project at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

He also earned his first call-ups to the England Under-21 national squad in October and November this season.

So well rated we signed an emergency veteran keeper once there was a shout of him getting game time! I do appreciate it might have come a bit early but if he's good enough.....etc etc

Cynicism aside, it's always nice to see young talents signing deals. If Vorm can get to fitness perhaps he'll find some game time out on loan in January

I have heard a number of different keepers that have played lower league loans say how invaluable it was for their development. I also can not remember the last keeper that came through a top club from the academy without a loan.

Watching our under 23s on bt sport right now.

Lyons Foster is playing further forward then I thought. Thought he was a centre half but appears to be in midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back