• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Youth Players/On-Loan Thread 2018/19

CCV got pretty good reviews for his play against City Yesterday for Swansea. Maybe he still has a chance with us? If Toby is off we are down to Sanchez, Vertonghen and Foyth so we need a 4th. Sanchez needs
to push on and become a regular with Verts. That way Foyth and CCV can be backup.
I like the idea, and wish CCV had a year of Prem experience rather than half a season of Championship.
But as it is, that would be a frightening lack of strength in terms of covering the two centre backs.

I like the idea, and wish CCV had a year of Prem experience rather than half a season of Championship.
But as it is, that would be a frightening lack of strength in terms of covering the two centre backs.

We still have Davies for real Emergencies. But if you have another Experienced Center Back like we have now then the young guys never really get a chance. We cannot loan out everyone. At this point in the Season foyth has hardly played.

We still have Davies for real Emergencies. But if you have another Experienced Center Back like we have now then the young guys never really get a chance. We cannot loan out everyone. At this point in the Season foyth has hardly played.
Davies and Dier can both step in, but that leaves us light currently elsewhere.

Unless we recall onomah for centre mid I guess!...... :-O

Davies and Dier can both step in, but that leaves us light currently elsewhere.

Unless we recall onomah for centre mid I guess!...... :-O

We are talking next season. I am hoping by the start of next season we will have bought a Center Midfielder or two. That way Dier or Davies can step in for emergencies as you say. I dont think Onomah is going to make it with us.

Anthony Georgiou has been playing in the backwaters of the Spanish third tier since securing a January move to Levante B on transfer deadline day. But the Tottenham winger served notice of his improvement with a stellar performance for Cyprus in their 5-0 win over San Marino in their Euro 2020 qualifier opener on Thursday night. Georgiou played the full 90 minutes of the clash on the right flank, producing an assist for one of his side’s goals, against the European minnows. The Tottenhamacademy product has been getting regular starts for Levante B and played 71 minutes as they won 1-0 at SD Ejea on Saturday. The 22-year-old, who scored his first senior goal on his first professional start against Hercules at the end of last month, has helped his new side moved away from the drop zone. Having made his debut for Spurs last season from the bench in the Champions League at Apoel Nicosia, is there a path for him into the senior set-up at his parent club? Maybe time has passed him by, but Lilywhites are delighted he ripped it up on Thursday night.

Was great to see the under 19s play so well yesterday. It is clear that the academy places a lot of emphasis on technique.

Skipp was visibly far too good for this level. If we sign one or two new central midfielders this summer then I think it is imperative that he gets a loan to a reasonable club in the Championship, as he has nothing to learn at this level. Aside from Skipp I thought the number 11 was a fantastic player, excellent balance, two good feet, nice movement, skilful and I was impressed at how often he took the right option in terms of whether to keep the ball or whether to pass. The number 8 also looked accomplished (although gave the ball away cheaply for Southampton's goal). The number 7 looked skilful and tricky, he had a really good first half but was far less involved in the second (not sure if Southampton changed tactics to try to counter him). I was also impressed by the two Spurs centre halves who look fast and physical and yet still comfortable on the ball. I thought the player who looked least adept for Spurs was the right back, his touch seemed to be poorer than the rest of the team's. I wondered whether he was a centre half filling in in that position?

Was great to see the under 19s play so well yesterday. It is clear that the academy places a lot of emphasis on technique.

Skipp was visibly far too good for this level. If we sign one or two new central midfielders this summer then I think it is imperative that he gets a loan to a reasonable club in the Championship, as he has nothing to learn at this level. Aside from Skipp I thought the number 11 was a fantastic player, excellent balance, two good feet, nice movement, skilful and I was impressed at how often he took the right option in terms of whether to keep the ball or whether to pass. The number 8 also looked accomplished (although gave the ball away cheaply for Southampton's goal). The number 7 looked skilful and tricky, he had a really good first half but was far less involved in the second (not sure if Southampton changed tactics to try to counter him). I was also impressed by the two Spurs centre halves who look fast and physical and yet still comfortable on the ball. I thought the player who looked least adept for Spurs was the right back, his touch seemed to be poorer than the rest of the team's. I wondered whether he was a centre half filling in in that position?

In the last 10 years the improvement in the skill and technique of our development teams has improved immensely, I always enjoy watching them as they appear to be encouraged to play a skillful type of football and virtually every player is comfortable on the ball and two footed, its no guarantee they will progress to the first team or even make a living in the game.

In the last 10 years the improvement in the skill and technique of our development teams has improved immensely, I always enjoy watching them as they appear to be encouraged to play a skillful type of football and virtually every player is comfortable on the ball and two footed, its no guarantee they will progress to the first team or even make a living in the game.

With the levels of players coming out of academies now you would think the lower leagues should be full of English players really.

Huge game in the U18 league on Tuesday against those from Woolwich. Both teams appear to be a level above this season if the league table is anything to go by. As long as we get a draw winning the league will be in our boys hands.

Back