• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Youth Players/On-Loan Thread 2017/18

Do you think Bennetts could ever become a wing back for us?

Yes, I think if he's to play for Spurs one day then LB/LWB is his best shot. He's currently better further forward but I don't think he quite has enough variation to his game to play there for us, I could be wrong but he's more effective in transition and when he has space to run into - qualities that tend to lend themselves to FB/WB in the modern game. Of all the players in the academy I'd say he's the most improved this season though. He was a very promising prospect at U16 level but didn't really deliver on it for the next two years, he would always show flashes of ability but was horribly inconsistent. This season it seems to have clicked for him and he's now effecting games on a more consistent basis.

Next season will be an interesting one for him. I'm a believer that once a player has proven themselves for a season at a particular age level then there's not much to be gained from making them do it all over again, I imagine he'll be one of those traveling with the first team in the summer so maybe he'll get the chance to make an impression that way, if not then a loan might be best for him. I know loans are hit and miss by nature but if the alternative is another year of U23s then I would prefer him to go and test himself at senior level somewhere, he has the physique and athleticism to compete at least which is often an issue for kids his age making the step up to first team football.

Yes, I think if he's to play for Spurs one day then LB/LWB is his best shot. He's currently better further forward but I don't think he quite has enough variation to his game to play there for us, I could be wrong but he's more effective in transition and when he has space to run into - qualities that tend to lend themselves to FB/WB in the modern game. Of all the players in the academy I'd say he's the most improved this season though. He was a very promising prospect at U16 level but didn't really deliver on it for the next two years, he would always show flashes of ability but was horribly inconsistent. This season it seems to have clicked for him and he's now effecting games on a more consistent basis.

Next season will be an interesting one for him. I'm a believer that once a player has proven themselves for a season at a particular age level then there's not much to be gained from making them do it all over again, I imagine he'll be one of those traveling with the first team in the summer so maybe he'll get the chance to make an impression that way, if not then a loan might be best for him. I know loans are hit and miss by nature but if the alternative is another year of U23s then I would prefer him to go and test himself at senior level somewhere, he has the physique and athleticism to compete at least which is often an issue for kids his age making the step up to first team football.

Brilliant reply thank you.

I guess the are players who progress in different ways and if he is finding his fight again after a couple of slow seasons that is in some ways even more encouraging. I do remember his name from a few seasons ago and was confused he was playing further forward because he sounded like a left back. With Georgiou there as well I guess the coach is seeing how best to accomodate the both of them.

Think a goad loan for him next season would be a good idea. Bit like how Walker Peters would have benefited more from one this season then staying with us. I think players can learn from even difficult loans. Nice to know we have some options coming through in the wing back positions though.

Would you say the same of Skipp?

From what I've seen this year Bennett, Skipp and Tanganga look good as well as an other young centreback with double-barrelled name.

When I watch the youth team in the CL it was Tanganga that stood out for me. Maybe it was because of his physical attributes, but he seemed composed and able beyond his years. Skipp was tidy, busy and effective. We seem to have a steady stream of talented players. Hard to get them playing time now however. I think loans will be vital to these players development. They need to hear the crowd, and bite of competitive games.

I don't know after looking at the recent signing we've made from French football you just have to stand still and they run into you!

Lucas looks ok
Also I think the penalty was a bit iffy...
I was basing my childish attempt at sarcasm on your recent inabilities to stay the course around Orlando;)

Back