• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Youth Players/On-Loan Thread 2017/18

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
DEiuzQfXYAIBcHq.png

Been watching England under 19s not knowing who played for who

Strangely I knew Mason Mount played for Chelsea due to his greediness and inability to see the bigger picture

From UEFA's commentary

69 Edwards (in) - Maddox (out) (England). Second change for England - can the tricky Tottenham man make the difference?​

Strangely Chelsea dominate this team as well

Be intersting to see how big a deal they make out of their youth this season as their abs are not happy they keep selling them

A very good summer for English football. I guess the argument that the talent isn't there cannot be used too much. The money in the Premier League makes it almost impossible for much of it to come through though. Hopefully these lads get a chance, but after a summer like this I'd imagine they will be having one eye on the exit if they find their progress stalled.

A very good summer for English football. I guess the argument that the talent isn't there cannot be used too much. The money in the Premier League makes it almost impossible for much of it to come through though. Hopefully these lads get a chance, but after a summer like this I'd imagine they will be having one eye on the exit if they find their progress stalled.

Talent is fine but they need to be coached to have a footy brain

I'm gonna sound like a broken record but Chelsea supplied about 40% of the first teams for these tournaments and their players are almost all the same, 6ft plus and built to run. Hardly any of them showed an awareness of the game at any age group for me as their just playing on autopilot and are up against lads who can't compete with the systems and physical side.

You see skilful lads like sessegnon and Edwards and they don't seem to want to use them it seems.

Watching solanke for the under 20s was comedy gold for me. He reminded me of Emile Heskey yet pool think they have signed pele

It's great to see them win tournaments it how many will make it... at the very top maybe 4 out of all the teams this summer.

I'm gonna sound like a broken record but Chelsea supplied about 40% of the first teams for these tournaments and their players are almost all the same, 6ft plus and built to run. Hardly any of them showed an awareness of the game at any age group for me as their just playing on autopilot and are up against lads who can't compete with the systems and physical side.

You see skilful lads like sessegnon and Edwards and they don't seem to want to use them it seems.

Watching solanke for the under 20s was comedy gold for me. He reminded me of Emile Heskey yet pool think they have signed pele

It's great to see them win tournaments it how many will make it... at the very top maybe 4 out of all the teams this summer.
Emile Heskey was a very good player indeed. His only real problem was a lack of confidence.

And the fact he couldn't shoot very well

And for a big man wasn't good in the air
He was unplayable when on song. I always felt that Emile's problem was that he lacked confidence and would go into his shell too easily. If he failed to score with his first chance then he wouldn't want to get another chance to miss, but if he scored that first chance then he was brilliant for the rest of the game. I think Liverpool will be pretty happy if Solanke turns out as good as Heskey was.

He was unplayable when on song. I always felt that Emile's problem was that he lacked confidence and would go into his shell too easily. If he failed to score with his first chance then he wouldn't want to get another chance to miss, but if he scored that first chance then he was brilliant for the rest of the game. I think Liverpool will be pretty happy if Solanke turns out as good as Heskey was.

Id be stunned if he plays more than 30 games for them

From what ive seen of Solanke he has less vision than Sturbridge which says a lot.

Heskeys problem was he didn't us this physicality enough and actually played football which never helped him. He spent too much time looking to link up rathe than take charge which is akin to what your saying

Early contender for post of the year.

I do not know why Chelsea produce players like this, when with the quality of coaches they can afford they could do a Barcelona, Ajax or a Tottenham and produce footballers.

Back