• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always thought he would be our next manager, either him or Howe.

Howe's really underrated, so I wouldn't mind provided he continues progressing between now and the time we start looking for a new manager. Same goes for Warburton, although I was imagining a DoF role or something.

Thinking about Dominic Ball, does anyone know how close Lesniak, the U21s DM this season, is to being first-team ready?

Strange article that one when you consider the time period over which those moves have happened. They are possibly good enough for QPR, just not good enough for Spurs. As a club we are very good at not holding on to players 'just in case'. We are also very good indeed at getting players we are releasing moves to other clubs. Chris Paul may end up being good enough to make a career at QPR and beyond, just as Grant Hall did. The problem for Chris is simply that he is behind too many playing in the same position at Spurs, it would do his career no good at all for Spurs to keep him anyway.

Last edited:
Strange article that one when you consider the time period over which those moves have happened. They are possibly good enough for QPR, just not good enough for Spurs. As a club we are very good at not holding on to players 'just in case'. We are also very good indeed at getting players we are releasing moves to other clubs. Chris Paul may end up being good enough to make a career at QPR and beyond, just as Grant Hall did. The problem for Chris is simply that he is behind too many playing in the same position at Spurs, it would do his career no good at all for Spurs to keep him anyway.

It's as pointless as reading about how Ian Crook, Gary Brooke, Ian Culverhouse, Mark Bowen, Paul McVeigh, Gary Doherty and Sebastien Bassong all went from us to Norwich during the same 25 year period.

Tottenham Hotspur contract rebel Nathan Oduwa yesterday failed to win the heart of scouts who came to watch him play for Nigeria U-23s against Denmark at the Suwon International Tournament.

His current deal is set to run out soon but he has so far refused to sign an extension and was hoping to use the pre Olympic tournament to put himself in the shop window to draw interest from potential suitors.

Oduwa making his first start for the Nigeria U-23s after two substitute appearances for the team in games against Brazil and South Korea was substituted before the half time break as Nigeria slump to an embarrassing 2-6 defeat to Denmark

In the stands were scouts from English Premiership and Championship side as well as from all part of Europe who are aiming to take advantage of his contract stand off to snare him from Spurs.

The 20 year old joined Spurs as an 11 year old and progress through the ranks before signing his first professional deal in 2012 which was followed by a loan move to Luton Town.

Still waiting for his competitive debut for Spurs, he started last season on loan with Scottish side Rangers who were playing in the second division then before he for Colchester United where he ended the season.

Oduwa represented England at U-17 and 19 level before switching allegiance to Nigeria where he is among the players under consideration for a spot in the U-23s for the Olympics in Rio.

I suspect we'll see a high number going out on loan next season as we have way too many players currently(between 40-50) across two age groups(u18s/u21s).

I suspect we'll see a high number going out on loan next season as we have way too many players currently(between 40-50) across two age groups(u18s/u21s).

Surely a lot (nearly 1/3 of them) will be released on 10 June. That's what happens most years isn't it

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/s...ws-of-dom-balls-possible-return-34782572.html

Rangers will have to wait if they want to lure Tottenham youngster Dom Ball back to Ibrox this summer.

Press Association Sport understands Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino has told the 20-year-old centre-back to report back to the London outfit's Enfield training base for pre-season early next month.The Argentinian plans to run the rule over the defender - who can also fill a holding midfield role - before deciding if he is likely to figure in his plans for the new campaign or whether Ball should be farmed out on loan once again for the final year of his Spurs contract.

Both Gers boss Mark Warburton and Ball have previously said they would be happy to link up at Ibrox again next term after the youngster helped Rangers to the Ladbrokes Championship title during his initial 12-month stint in Glasgow.

But a source close to player told Press Association Sport there could be competition from clubs in England.

He said: "Dom 's going back to do pre-season with Spurs, if he comes back to Scotland on loan it will be with Rangers.

"I'm sure Rangers would take him back but Pochettino is going to have a look at him during pre-season and then discuss his options from there.

"However, it's not certain he will come back to Scotland as t here are a few clubs in England who would be interested in taking him next year."

Ball has been forced to go on the road to gain first-team experience , with his route to Pochettino's starting line-up blocked by Belgian international pair Jan Vertonghen and Toby Alderweireld.

He spent the second half of the 2014/15 season on loan at League Two Cambridge before moving north last summer as he and fellow Spurs recruit Nathan Oduwa joined up with Gers.

The defender made 30 appearances for the Light Blues, 24 of them starts, as Warburton's team claimed promotion to the top flight on top of their success in the Petrofac Training Cup.

Ball's ability to anchor midfield was a key ingredient for Rangers as they held off Celtic to clinch a stunning victory in the William Hill Scottish Cup semi-finals.

But the yellow card he picked up in that Old Firm clash ruled him out of the final showdown with Hibernian, and Warburton later admitted his absence had been a factor in the Ibrox side's 3-2 defeat.

Thinking about Dominic Ball, does anyone know how close Lesniak, the U21s DM this season, is to being first-team ready?

He's a very tidy player and does a good job for the U21's who have used a lot of young players this year, but I don't think he will make it here, hope he gets a chance to move on quickly as he'll be a good player for the right team.

Why Marcus Edwards could get a surprise Tottenham debut next season

It's a wholly speculative article, lots of ifs and maybes, but shows his profile is growing

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/06/0...ould-get-a-surprise-tottenham-debut-next-sea/

I hope so and I think dangling the first team carrot is important in getting him to sign. We often hear how we're the best club for young players to break through but our objectives may have changed now we're a CL club and in Edwards' case he has a lot of players ahead of him so getting a chance will be tough. I think he could be effective next season in 15-20 minute bursts, he's not yet of the required physical conditioning to play 90 minutes of high intensity football but a year of working with Poch should get him there ready to play a bigger part the following season, if he's still here of course.

I hope so and I think dangling the first team carrot is important in getting him to sign. We often hear how we're the best club for young players to break through but our objectives may have changed now we're a CL club and in Edwards' case he has a lot of players ahead of him so getting a chance will be tough. I think he could be effective next season in 15-20 minute bursts, he's not yet of the required physical conditioning to play 90 minutes of high intensity football but a year of working with Poch should get him there ready to play a bigger part the following season, if he's still here of course.
Might just be the reason we are happy to let Pritchard move on - they would be in a similar bracket of "have some first team exposure in safe doses and if it doesn't work it's ok". But you can't have too many of those players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back