• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2014-2015

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
Which youngster will break through this season?

Last year Kane and Bentaleb both got game time and proved they were good enough for a squad place, who do you think if anyone will make the breakthrough this season?

Poch has a rep for liking young players and is likely to give them some game time.

I am going to go for Cabellos, based on youth reports from a couple of seasons ago and the fact that he had his picture taken in pre season training. Would like to see a bit of him in the Europa league.

Any other contenders?

Re: Which youngster will break through this season?

Ruben Lamieras. From what I know he is very highly regarded at Spurs and is impressing a few of the senior players with his ability. Whether or not he breaks through completely here or does a bit of game time before christmas and then goes out on loan I dont know but I think he will play a fair bit this season in the Europa league at the very least.

Is he a defender? am I right in thinking he is related to the lad at Forest we are trying to buy.

No, he is a creative midfielder. I haven't seen anything of him really but his name does keep cropping up with a couple of people I know who are invloved with the club. I could see him maybe being used behind a forward.

I think you mean Jamaal Lacelles? No, Not related to him. He is Portuguese, born in Lisbon in 1994.

Alex Pritchard would be my bet.

I'll also be interested to see whether Nathan Oduwa can quickly progress from the U18's, through the development squad and into the first team for a few cup appearances at least. IMO, he's the most likely to be able to make the immediate transition from last season's U18's. He's quite a big lad - but that might be a good or a bad thing. It means that he should be better able to cope with the physicality of senior football. But it might also mean that his success at U18 level was attributable to his size and strength more than to his ability and that he will no longer have that advantage. I'm hopeful that it won't be the latter, though.....he's also skilful and quick and has genuine end product to his game. Really excited me from what little I saw of him last season.

Alex Pritchard would be my bet.

I'll also be interested to see whether Nathan Oduwa can quickly progress from the U18's, through the development squad and into the first team for a few cup appearances at least. IMO, he's the most likely to be able to make the immediate transition from last season's U18's. He's quite a big lad - but that might be a good or a bad thing. It means that he should be better able to cope with the physicality of senior football. But it might also mean that his success at U18 level was attributable to his size and strength more than to his ability and that he will no longer have that advantage. I'm hopeful that it won't be the latter, though.....he's also skilful and quick and has genuine end product to his game. Really excited me from what little I saw of him last season.

I like Pritchard but I don't think he is quite ready although I would be massively in favour of Lamieras, Pritchard, Kane, Veljkovic and Bentaleb all being starters in the Europa Play Offs/Group Stage should we advance.

Oduwa looked decent in the testamonial, other than that I haven't really seen him. He seems to have a bit of swagger which is a good thing. Hopefully he will get plenty of game time in the development squad and maybe a loan towards the back end of the season.

Agree about Lamieras, looks a real talent also think Walker-Peters looks good can play anywhere wide

Agree about Lamieras, looks a real talent also think Walker-Peters looks good can play anywhere wide

Kyle Walker-Peters does look like a decent prospect. But still only 17 - a year behind Oduwa. I don't think we'll see much of him in the first team picture this coming season. Maybe in a few Europa League squads? Of KWP's age group, Josh Onomah is probably the most likely to make the occasional squad. Was in one or two squads last season, even.

Milos Veljkovic is another who could step up. Made his debut towards the end of last season.

Versatile, so may get chances.

Heard great things about a South Africa central defender seems to have been on our books for a while. Got a good feeling for him this year.

I can't imagine any youngsters in the offensive roles making waves this year unless we move on some of our back up players like Chadli, Siggy and Lennon. Fredericks may get some games at right back this year if Naughton is moved on, so we may see some of him.

Coulthirst, Pritchard and Cabellos are the three that seem the most highly rated.

We have quite a lot of AMs, so perhaps as a versatile forward it'll be Coulthirst?

I can't imagine any youngsters in the offensive roles making waves this year unless we move on some of our back up players like Chadli, Siggy and Lennon. Fredericks may get some games at right back this year if Naughton is moved on, so we may see some of him.

Fredericks is normally a RM rather than a RB.

Coulthirst, Pritchard and Cabellos are the three that seem the most highly rated.

We have quite a lot of AMs, so perhaps as a versatile forward it'll be Coulthirst?

Fredericks is normally a RM rather than a RB.

I'm not sure about Ceballos and Coulthirst. Ceballos has got to the age that he really ought to be at least on the fringes of the first team if he ever hopes to make it at Spurs. From what little I can tell of his loan spell at lowly Arouca in the Portuguese Primeira Liga, he didn't exactly boss it. This pre season could be his last chance. Coulthirst could be a decent striker at a decent level. But not Spurs' level, I think.

As to Fredericks, I don't think it matters that he started out as a right sided midfielder. It might be that, as he has matured, he is better suited to right back. Certainly, his coaches seem to think so. Maybe he does too?

I'm not sure about Ceballos and Coulthirst. Ceballos has got to the age that he really ought to be at least on the fringes of the first team if he ever hopes to make it at Spurs. From what little I can tell of his loan spell at lowly Arouca in the Portuguese Primeira Liga, he didn't exactly boss it. This pre season could be his last chance. Coulthirst could be a decent striker at a decent level. But not Spurs' level, I think.

As to Fredericks, I don't think it matters that he started out as a right sided midfielder. It might be that, as he has matured, he is better suited to right back. Certainly, his coaches seem to think so. Maybe he does too?

Ceballos was training with the first team today. That's him and Falque here:

BsgW8ZMIEAA7yvH.jpg

Ceballos was training with the first team today. That's him and Falque here:

BsgW8ZMIEAA7yvH.jpg

Falque's an interesting one, apparently was pretty impressive on loan at Rayo, but then I think a lot depends on who gets decent offers as the squad needs trimming no doubt, but if Sig stays, it maybe that Falque goes and vice versa.

Back