• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Walking Dead (books) *potential spoilers*

Ive been reading through the walking dead books, up to issue 56.

Damn! It is so so much better than the TV series. Relentless.

Totally engrosing! Anyone else been reading them?

I read the graphic novels before the TV series aired and they are so much better. I have no idea why they deviated so much in the story from the graphic novels.

Would agree entirely Mullet - the books have so far been 10x as good as the TV show. I just cant get over how many characters they get through!

Up to the point where they hold up in the church now, cant put them down.

Marky - is there only 95? I wasnt sure if it was still running...

I just wait for the collected volumes, can't deal with single issues, does my head in waiting for the next issues!

Wonder if Rick will lose his you-know-what in the next series of the TV show like in the comics... the writer always said he regretted doing that.

I thought it helped develop him actually, made him include the group more and made him more fragile.

Mind you, in the TV show he is a big girl anyway.

Having read the books now (up to 95) I think the TV show is a massive failure to be honest.

I appreciate the books are relentless and wouldnt transfer direct to TV too well, but they have deviated so far from them they have lost their way. Killing off characters they shouldnt, not killing of characters they should, changing relationships....

On example, is "T-Dog" in the TV show Tyrese? Seriously - how badly wrong can they get it?

Watch them ruin Michone next...

No I think Tyrese is on the cards for the next series, show runner says in this interview : http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=56739

The whole storyline between Tyrese, his daughter and her bloke (Steve?) was pretty good and very grim, not sure some of the more darker stories in the books would do well on TV.

Works both ways though as I think Daryl is a great character and he isn't in the books, be interesting to see what they do with Merle down the line too as the actor has confirmed he is back in the next season.

I think the TV show is decent, they have adapted some the the storylines in the comics to suit it, like with Shane surviving a lot longer than he should have, but its no where near as good as the comic.

Thats a relief, I thought Tyrese was T-Dog (sure I recall T-Dog being an ex footballer...) Thank F it isnt.

Daryl is quality, the only one worth watching in the show IMHO. Will be interesting to see where they go with Andrea as well now - she is brilliant in the book.

Im not a big fan of the show on the whole. I think the first 3 episodes (S1) were epic and the last three (S2) getting back to that standard - otherwise its very "meh" for me.

And that was before I saw the books! Now it looks even worse...

Massive fan of the Graphic novel, but the TV show just doesnt do it for me, deviated away from the comics too much.

Spoiler alert in white, highlight to read --> has the TV show gone to any of the same locations? I'd be interested in seeing a few episodes in the prison.

Massive fan of the Graphic novel, but the TV show just doesnt do it for me, deviated away from the comics too much.

Spoiler alert in white, highlight to read --> has the TV show gone to any of the same locations? I'd be interested in seeing a few episodes in the prison.

Next series.

The TV show has covered (location wise) the first 10-15 books, camp outside Atlanta and Hershels house.

The book kind of skimmed over Hershels where the TV show spent the whole second series there.

Im more bothered about their deviation from Characters to be honest.

Back