• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer window thread.

If thats what happens, itll be because he got brick together and we improved a great deal. For which I would be delighted.

Personally, I dont forsee that happening right now, and suspect the axe will fall before Christmas unless things start looking up.

As I said, time will tell.

i think we will be 8th or above come Christmas. I get kicked for being positive all the time but I just see us being in a place where we can’t play much worse and we are gonna be playing inferior teams according to the table, who in some cases look like they are more broken than us

i think we will be 8th or above come Christmas. I get kicked for being positive all the time but I just see us being in a place where we can’t play much worse and we are gonna be playing inferior teams according to the table, who in some cases look like they are more broken than us

I like the optimism mate, I wouldnt try and kick that out of you.

I just dont share it.

Id love to see signs of resurrection, Id love Poch to turn it round, more than anything, but I just dont see anything to suggest it right now.

As I type, we just dropped to 14th. West Ham are 1 point behind us, Bournemouth 2 ahead.

West Ham (A) next, thatll be horrible.
Olympiakos (H) - Actually we might be ok - seem alright in europe
Bournemouth (H) - On form theyd rip us to pieces, but who knows which Bournemouth will turn up?
Man U (A)
Burnley (H)
Bayern (A)
Wolves (A)
Chelsea (H)

Actually doesnt look the greatest run to me...

If we were within eight points of 4th at Christmas, I'd fancy our chances of a top four finish but we need to see a marked improvement to get ourselves into that position.

I don't think you have a hope of finding a solution if you don't understand the problem. The team are playing awfully at the moment and I agree that the manager needs to be held responsible for that but the cause of the problem goes deeper than that. Just changing the manager will not solve it.

If the problem is, as you say, we started a rebuild a bit late - then its a one off - presumably, and shouldnt be an ongoing issue.

Itll rectify itself across the next few windows.

However, for it to be successfully done, we really need a functional team to build on.

Poch seems to be losing that battle at the minute. I would suggest a new manager, well actually that could help shake the club out of its current decline.

A new voice, a new vision, and excuse to shake up the players - might be just the thing required to get momentum going our way for when this mythical refresh finally hits...

Does of course depend on that manager being the "right" one.

I like the optimism mate, I wouldnt try and kick that out of you.

I just dont share it.

Id love to see signs of resurrection, Id love Poch to turn it round, more than anything, but I just dont see anything to suggest it right now.

As I type, we just dropped to 14th. West Ham are 1 point behind us, Bournemouth 2 ahead.

West Ham (A) next, thatll be horrible.
Olympiakos (H) - Actually we might be ok - seem alright in europe
Bournemouth (H) - On form theyd rip us to pieces, but who knows which Bournemouth will turn up?
Man U (A)
Burnley (H)
Bayern (A)
Wolves (A)
Chelsea (H)

Actually doesnt look the greatest run to me...

We need a few wins to get getting, back to back ones

West Ham need them too but IMO their a team that do not do well under pressure (same can be said of us) and we have better players even when playing brick

Bournemouth is an odd one as you don’t know what you will get.

We need a few wins to get getting, back to back ones

West Ham need them too but IMO their a team that do not do well under pressure (same can be said of us) and we have better players even when playing brick

Bournemouth is an odd one as you don’t know what you will get.

My concern with West Ham is that they will be up for it. And teams that are up for it, right now, beat us. Because we just dont compete in that way. And thats exactly how West Ham have turned us over in recent seasons. And I bet that clam Noble will get a goal as well, just to rub it in.

They are bit up and down this season, but do have some talent there - and on form need to be shown some real respect (unlike previous seasons!). Pellegrini is a good manager too.

Not an easy game by any stretch. If we were on form Id still have some trepidation, right now Im quite scared!

Bournemouth really is an odd one. I can just as easily see them outclassing us and winning 2-0, as I can see them rolling over and letting us score 4...

There are six points separating 5th from 17th. I don't think that league position is telling us much outside the top four and bottom three.

And 11 between us and 4th. Keep it quiet though, people like to pretend like we arent completely in the brick compared to where we ought to be ;)

If we were within eight points of 4th at Christmas, I'd fancy our chances of a top four finish but we need to see a marked improvement to get ourselves into that position.
Can't see us getting top four. Leicester will carry their form through, and we need to match Chelsea's points just to keep up.

My concern with West Ham is that they will be up for it. And teams that are up for it, right now, beat us. Because we just dont compete in that way. And thats exactly how West Ham have turned us over in recent seasons. And I bet that clam Noble will get a goal as well, just to rub it in.

They are bit up and down this season, but do have some talent there - and on form need to be shown some real respect (unlike previous seasons!). Pellegrini is a good manager too.

Not an easy game by any stretch. If we were on form Id still have some trepidation, right now Im quite scared!

Bournemouth really is an odd one. I can just as easily see them outclassing us and winning 2-0, as I can see them rolling over and letting us score 4...

And 11 between us and 4th. Keep it quiet though, people like to pretend like we arent completely in the brick compared to where we ought to be ;)
That’s a pessimistic view
Can’t argue with the logic but maybe right now we need to have a more positive view and show the players that
I’m probably on my own with that thought but hey

shoukd add that Noble went off injured yesterday

That’s a pessimistic view
Can’t argue with the logic but maybe right now we need to have a more positive view and show the players that
I’m probably on my own with that thought but hey

shoukd add that Noble went off injured yesterday

He's got two weeks to get back. The way things run with them lately he'll hobble on on crutches in the 95th and one will bounce in off of his ass :D

It might be pessimistic, but its not unwarranted IMO. Generally I just try to call it as I see it, and right now Im not seeing positives.

Of course, I would be utterly delighted to be proven wrong.

He's got two weeks to get back. The way things run with them lately he'll hobble on on crutches in the 95th and one will bounce in off of his ass :D

It might be pessimistic, but its not unwarranted IMO. Generally I just try to call it as I see it, and right now Im not seeing positives.

Of course, I would be utterly delighted to be proven wrong.

Honestly... why would any spurs fan be positive right now
I’m just old school in my thoughts, knowing I’ve seen worse do better

Back